It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a hipster? Here is a visual guide to help conservatives who are clearly confused.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I actually feel like my IQ dropped a few points reading that OP. What is a hipster to me....Hmm. It is a label either external or internal. Sad really that people need to find a box to crawl into to feel good about themselves.

Personally I break things down into good and evil the older I get for some reason. And I am not religious in the least.
edit on 31-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth
I'm not sure what you have against labels since, you know,, that's how we as humans (another label) have words.

link   
What's funnier is that "hipsters" are so anti conformist but are offended because someone might not know what their "label" is and then all shop at the same stores and wear the same crap and talk about how unique they are....

Isn't that a little ironic?

Ps I'm well acquainted w hipsters. I spent many years in Nashville

edit on 7/31/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
Those visual pictures of "hipsters" did nothing to explain what a hipster looks like. If the author of the article hadn't of written their names under the pictures, I would have thought they were just anyone else looking like anyone else. While it can be argued that out of touch conservatives don't know what hipsters are, I have a tough time believing that the article author knows what they are as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Those visual pictures of "hipsters" did nothing to explain what a hipster looks like. If the author of the article hadn't of written their names under the pictures, I would have thought they were just anyone else looking like anyone else. While it can be argued that out of touch conservatives don't know what hipsters are, I have a tough time believing that the article author knows what they are as well.

Also funny to note. Conservatives are considered out of touch for not knowing who or what they are

I say their out if touch for thinking they are important enough w all the issues In the world for anyone to care

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, because Hank Williams Jr. and Ann Coulter are so intellectual.

The "right"... the "left"...

Always thinking in terms of black and white...

My name is Screwhead and I'm a hipster...

...and it's not my fault your pathetic attempt at a culture is unbearable...

...and even if it is--whatever.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Remember when "getting Into a girls pants"
Didn't actually mean wearing her pants?

Enough w the skinny jeans.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Ps I'm well acquainted w hipsters. I spent many years in Nashville

Me too. I associate with a bunch of hippies and am kind of one myself. Because of this, many of my friends live in the art district of Baltimore and I see hipsters all the time. I even know a few.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Funny story. I once got a job at some clothing store at the mall and one of the job requirements was to wear skinny jeans all the time. Now I am kind of a stocky guy and the LAST thing I should be wearing is skinny jeans. They probably don't even make them in my size, and if they do, it's for the PC crowd. I didn't end up going back to that job.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: SubTruth
I'm not sure what you have against labels since, you know,, that's how we as humans (another label) have words.

There is always one of ya. Personally I could care less. Really on the scale of life this is a .0001%. If people want to label themselves so be it. I do see it as a cover for internal weakness. But truth is subjective and that is all any of this is.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Lol that's hilarious! Yeah I mean honestly to each their own everyone has a style. And I'm being facetious about it....

But i have seen on quite a few occasions fairly large guys. Both in muscle and some not, wearing skinny jeans.

I can't imagine it would be comfortable. (Where does the quipment go?) And it looks like someone shoved a frog into two soda straws......

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Remember when "getting Into a girls pants"
Didn't actually mean wearing her pants?

Enough w the skinny jeans.

There seems to be a fad going around where not only are skinny jeans popular.....but they also wear em saggin'.

Never understood that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why is this post directed only at conservatives?
I know a lot of persons that lean to the left that wouldn't know a hipster.
Non-hipster acknowledgement is a bipartisan issue.
Nobody cares who they are.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh Dear I wear black ray ban buddy holly glasses. I think I may be considered a Hipster?

"Come on, no one else is doing it."
-Hipster peer pressure
edit on 31-7-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

More fun stories. I went into a local hipster bar in Baltimore once. I was sitting at the bar and pull out my cell phone (a Galaxy S3) and start messing around with it. At the time it was brand new and I was quite happy with it. Right next to me is a guy with a smart phone I had never seen before who I started talking to about cell phones. I was like, "Yea this is an S3, I really like it.. blah blah blah" He responds, "yea, this is a xxx (I can't remember the model name). I imported it directly from South Korea." I just eye boggled him and shut up.

Also there was a guy (that I took a picture of because it was just too funny of a sight) with a rasta mullet. The man literally had dreadlocks that hung down his back, but the front of his head was short cropped and not very dreaded. I literally coined the term "rasta mullet" that night to describe the hairdo.

Here it is:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Oh Dear I wear black ray ban buddy holly glasses. I think I may be considered a Hipster?

-Hipster peer pressure

Only if you hate things that are universally loved. And prefer men with beards and fedoras

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

-Hipster peer pressure

Only if you hate things that are universally loved. And prefer men with beards and fedoras

OH Boy, Looks at husbands beard, fedora and tortise shell glasses.....

Shizzers Im A HIPSTER :O

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

He doesn't have a scarf on too does he?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No.

Does that just make us fringe dwelling hipsters?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I dunno. You may just be hipster hipsters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join