It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola - What You're Not Being Told

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

WINTER

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Wonderful Addition of Information!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Winter is Coming....

....and I haven't a clue where i parked my car....

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Good to See You Dollukka!!! Thanks for Popping Your Head In this Thread "Rabbit Hole" lol

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw I live in the Uk, Thousands of tons of illegal meat (jungle meat ) is smuggled into the UK every year from Africa.then sold at markets or moved on to restaurants. this is the threat to us not the movement of people, but the movement of illegal meats.

Beecher

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Beecher4

does the virus only exist in a LIVE HOST?

or does eating,,DEAD,,, porkupine,,Antellope,,monkey, gorrila,or fruit, fruit bats,,already killed pose a threat?

ASto why anyone would,,i dont know.

yes porkupine is a vessal.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Like any other virus it should die if heated to a certain temp right? So if they are sneaking in meats from other countries that could have the virus as long as they cook the meat properly it shouldnt be a problem. To bad I like my Steak rare lol and my monkey brains cold

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If it is airborne, that's a worse case scenario. I just found out there are six different kinds. Where this is heading, no one truly knows. All air traffic from Africa needs to be stopped immediately.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yeah.. if this had been a flu spreading this long it would be on all continents. The thing is Ebola can be spread through air if it isn't well circulated and builds up enough particles, but it's a large virus.

If it develops a stage of coughing and sneezing with a lower mortality rate then it will have a better chance to spread. Fortunately Ebola is a slow changer.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Living in the South of France, where we get lots of immigrants coming over from Africa every day, and working in a hospital, I am a bit afraid. Despite all our precautions, we get bugs from the patients. Not long ago we had an outbreak of Hand, Foot and Mouth disease- a less serious ailment, of course- but the number of us that got it made it clear how vulnerable we are in spite of our efforts to protect ourselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZI think the problem is being infected before cooking.It is past on by fluids.Director of Global Health UK said"direct contact with body fluids is needed to spread disease".Prof Peter Piot Tropical Medicine scientist says You need close contact to be infected.So being on a bus with someone with Ebola,thats no problem. I got the impression ,he seemed to think it was controllable.So regarding illegal meats its the uncooked state that makes it a danger

Beecher

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It would really depend on how they bring the meat in. Don't they freeze it? If they do, then can the virus survive the freezing process?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It would really depend on how they bring the meat in. Don't they freeze it? If they do, then can the virus survive the freezing process?

As I have said before Im mainly a Bacteriologist not a Virologist BUT and I may be wrong , Ebola is very picky and finicky and its a bloody nightmare to store and handle without killing the thing. Thats was from a old proff at university who used to work with Marburg and Marburg is basically identical.
edit on 31-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Bodily fluids in most peoples minds ….tend to be blood, saliva, semen which are all fairly obvious and able to be protected from…….HOWEVER……..this strain is also Transmissable via SWEAT and can be incubated for upto 21 days………..

If it's a warm airport lounge and you've just gone through a door Mr Okimbayee has, ( a rather chubby and sweaty Nigerian who has a slight tickle in his throat) by opening the handle his sweaty hand has just done………..and then you wipe your brow or scratch the corner of your eye ……….. can this be transmission……??

That worries me enourmously

PDUK
edit on 31-7-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
When I learned one thing from playing computer games, then it is that you seal of your borders... thanks to plague inc.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

so what would happen if u froze a patient,, give them hypothermia?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Rethink. Instead of thinking "Control/ Remove/ "Fight Back"," consider assimilating and integrating to develop "immunity."

ETA:

Sortof a bitlike this although I buggered my analysis:

Unexpected Inheritance: Human Genome Contains Ebola Virus Sequences

edit on 31/7/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Okay. This is really starting to freak me out now, and it's been a very long time since I've done that.

Emory Healthcare to treat Ebola patient

Experts on the Ebola virus expressed little concern that the virus would spread to other continents. CDC Director Thomas Frieden said an outbreak in the United States was “not in the cards.”

Still, all it takes is an accident. Way too close to home.
edit on 7/31/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

interesting,, hypothesis,,Should Your Bloodline End Now? ,,

assimilating and integrating to develop "immunity.

u know they are looking for healthy subjects to test Ebola on,, u know so we can find that perfect,,harmony.

u interested?

"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. "

how noble,,
edit on 7/31/2014 by BobAthome because: John 15:13

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

I rather have humans die than the planet/other species get damaged

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join