It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberian Official: Ebola Outbreak ‘Is Above The Control Of The National Government’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Vasa Croe n't see much of anything happening at all.....except news stories about it. This is going to cross the Mexican border into the US at some point

Really look at a map! Mexico is not even on the same continent as Africa were Ebola is!

It more likely to enter through your airports!

But hey blame Mexico right? Thats the in thing.

All you need is for one infected person to smuggle themselves out of Africa without knowing they were sick. For them to have the longer incubation of 21 days maybe, then to hook up with their coyote and make it across the border before becoming so ill that someone notices something is up. Then, they fall seriously ill in one of those packed places with all those other immigrants? And how many could be infected before getting shipped off and dumped?

The border folks and DHS aren't even informing local officials in some places where the immigrants are being dumped.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Vasa Croe n't see much of anything happening at all.....except news stories about it. This is going to cross the Mexican border into the US at some point

Really look at a map! Mexico is not even on the same continent as Africa were Ebola is!

It more likely to enter through your airports!

But hey blame Mexico right? Thats the in thing.

All you need is for one infected person to smuggle themselves out of Africa without knowing they were sick. For them to have the longer incubation of 21 days maybe, then to hook up with their coyote and make it across the border before becoming so ill that someone notices something is up. Then, they fall seriously ill in one of those packed places with all those other immigrants? And how many could be infected before getting shipped off and dumped?

The border folks and DHS aren't even informing local officials in some places where the immigrants are being dumped.

What better way to begin population control? Just read another story of chicken pox halting any more new mexico facilities from taking in immigrants as well. They are being transplanted all over the US at this point. All it takes is one infected person in each location to create a completely uncontrollable outbreak. This is playing out like a crazy movie script.

How crazy would that be....chicken pox/shingles and Ebola hitting us at the same time. Chicken pox alone would spread through the US adult population very quickly. Kind of like a one two punch...weaken the immune system enough to allow for Ebola to spread even easier for the kill shot.

edit on 7/31/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

u mean like the wheel well of a American military transport???

i hope the autopsy doctors checked.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Don't get me wrong. I still don't at all think it's likely that this scenario could occur, but I don't think it's impossible either. Everyone who wants to break into this country from anywhere in the world knows the way in is through Mexico. And right now, our pants are seriously down with this immigration stupidity and refusal to control the border in the hopes of creating a crisis worthy of Pres. Phone and Pen.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Thats pigs and monkeys.

So far it not airborne in humans.

Luckily for now.

If it went airborne we would know dammed quick.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: thesaneone
How easy would it spread during flu season?

Flu season runs thru football season in the U.S and there is plenty of drinking going on during this time and we know alcohol can weaken the immune system, so would a crowded Super Bowl venue be the perfect place to spread Ebola?

Wont spread as well as Flu is airborne Ebola not.

The risk from handling vomit and bodily fluids. Its why it normally spreads to the family and caregivers of the patient which is a big thing in Africa as due to limited hospital facility's its normally family and friends that provide care.

I understand what you are saying, what I really want to know, is flu season the perfect time to spread Ebola since people are handling bodily fluids?

How long would it go unnoticed because of the flu season.

O it wont go unnoticed, that's one advantage of Ebola.

But you may have a slight point as people may be more prone to infection. Still its a much different animal to flu.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah, I think they mean "airborne" in the sense of someone with Ebola coughs or sneezes and the infected mucus particles travel a short distance and someone else breathes it in and becomes infected that way. It's not yet airborne in the traditional sense. * KEYWORD: "yet".

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

As I have a small child, I don't even want to go there in my darkest nightmares.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

As I have a small child, I don't even want to go there in my darkest nightmares.

Well there is a Airborne strain the Ebola Reston. Its almost identical to the Zaire strain genetically but that airborne mutation make its mortality rate 0% those infected even showed no symptoms or mild cold like symptoms.

So a airborne mutation may render it harmless.

MAY

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The bastards in control are probably WAITING for a nice burn through Africa.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just heard on local news they are actually flying two people with Ebola into the US and one is to be treated in my town...atlanta...at Emory. WTF? Now I'm a bit freaked out. Why the hell would you fly them in?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Why the hell would you fly them in?

I answered this in another thread:

I expect, in part, this is to facilitate study of the virus in patients where more resources and minds can be brought to bear. My bet is there will be more than just this one ( I guess now two) patient(s) brought here over time.

edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
World Health Organization to convene committee on Aug. 6-7 to decide if Ebola constitutes international public health emergency - @Reuters

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
World Health Organization on Ebola: 'This outbreak is moving faster than our efforts to control it. If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socioeconomic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries' - @ReutersWorld

top topics

<< 1   >>

join