It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Confirms New EM Thruster Violates Laws Of Conservation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+106 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wired reports:

Nasa is a major player in space science, so when a team from the agency this week presents evidence that "impossible" microwave thrusters seem to work, something strange is definitely going on. Either the results are completely wrong, or Nasa has confirmed a major breakthrough in space propulsion.

British scientist Roger Shawyer has been trying to interest people in his EmDrive for some years through his company SPR Ltd. Shawyer claims the EmDrive converts electric power into thrust, without the need for any propellant by bouncing microwaves around in a closed container. He has built a number of demonstration systems, but critics reject his relativity-based theory and insist that, according to the law of conservation of momentum, it cannot work.
US scientist, Guido Fetta, has built his own propellant-less microwave thruster, and managed to persuade Nasa to test it out. The test results were presented on July 30 at the 50th Joint Propulsion Conference in Cleveland, Ohio. Astonishingly enough, they are positive.

The Nasa team based at the Johnson Space Centre gave its paper the title "Anomalous Thrust Production from an RF [radio frequency] Test Device Measured on a Low-Thrust Torsion Pendulum".

NASA proposes that:

"Test results indicate that the RF resonant cavity thruster design, which is unique as an electric propulsion device, is producing a force that is not attributable to any classical electromagnetic phenomenon and therefore is potentially demonstrating an interaction with the quantum vacuum virtual plasma."

We could also interpret this another way, and say that the device proves the existence of an aether, because that's what it's apparently pushing against. "quantum vacuum virtual plasma" is another term for "aether."

In any respect, this is yet ANOTHER proven violation of the so-called "laws" of physics. These "laws" are obviously not real laws at all. They are assumptions.

Here’s a few more violations:

NASA confirms low energy nuclear reactions are a real phenomena.

Auburn, Urbana Champagne, and Rowan University all confirm Blacklight Power’s process of energy production is real and violates conservation laws.

Engineering consulting firms TRC and AirKinetics Inc confirm Solar Hydrogen Trends Inc new hydrogen reactor violates conservation laws in its production of hydrogen. The TRC’s validation report can be found here. AirKinetics’ report can be downloaded here. Full reports are available under NDA. SHT has also opened its reactor to testing by ANY qualified engineer who wishes to test it.

The people who still don't believe in Blacklight are going to be in for a rude awakening. These guys are already dealing with major defense contractors, major solar distributors, and a host of other firms that are going to be cooperatively bringing this technology to market. Energy production is going to change. Soon. I just watched a representative of a major defense contractor give a presentation along side Mills at a Blacklight press conference.

Beyond the fact that Blacklight is going to revolutionize the energy industry, they are also going to revolutionize physics. Mills has created a system of quantum level physics based entirely on classical physics. His models are hyper-accurate, and they are the only models that can describe what is going on with their energy production. The defense contractor was openly saying Mills work was going to revolutionize all of science. I agree with him wholeheartedly.

What's interesting is the guy who came up with this EM thruster device is claiming that it could potentially generate up to a ton of thrust per kilowatt of power consumed. If they could pull that off, interstellar spaceflight, flying cars, and a whole new Jetson's world will become possible.

Consider that Blackight's new device will be capable of providing tens of megawatts of power in a device that weighs less than a car. So put two and two together, and suddenly you have unlimited thrust and unlimited power to move anything anywhere. Imagine mobile homes that hover in the air and can "park" on top of Mt. Everest for a holiday.

In the near future, there will be no need for roads, no need for a power grid, and no need to mine the Earth for metals. It has to be asked, at what point do state powers become irrelevant? When airports and roads become antiquated, borders become meaningless. Bitcoin, or a similar currency, will make state dominated money antiquated. Technology is going to make the state irrelevant.

edit on 7/31/2014 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What are the other violations of the laws of physics? Or did you mean on a quantum level?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I'm working on that. I'll edit the article shortly after I'm done.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

Very interesting, This is one to follow for sure. I get the feeling this may go the way of seeing the story being posted then it dies a strange and mysterious death into obscurity like so many other previous new breakthroughs we've all read about over the past couple of decades.

I hope I'm wrong though

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
For some reason, I think in a few weeks we'll hear a retraction or find out the thrust provided is measured in microjoules. That is par for the course with NASA announcements.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So it works as the guy said it would. Nobody paid attention to the guy for many years, thinking he was nuts because it was in contradiction to what they were taught. Now NASA tested it and is trying to figure out how it works, trying to use Occams Razor to explain how it works. Who cares how it works, it works, it can be utilized and just because it defies the law does not mean it is a crime to use it.

This sounds normal to me, reality is based on beliefs. Breaking misguided beliefs is hard to do.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A working model will get us to Mars in weeks! Wonder what astr0 would have to say about that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Violate? More like Molesting the law.

Are there any patents or supporting docs to look at?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I wonder if whatever is effecting the decay rates of radioactive isotopes is the same thing this is messing with

Does that make sense to anyone but me?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Heres a good paper regarding this.

arxiv.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
OP beat me to posting this. (S&F) it's a big deal when NASA reports something like this. oh and BTW if you look at the NASA publication here:

ntrs.nasa.gov...

you'll see that Dr Harold "sonny" White (of warp drive fame and of QVPT fame) is one of the authors that may mean something

edit on 31-7-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It is a big relief to see a building consensus to change the current energy policy, good boys.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I am not a physicist, but I have a hard time understanding the science community when something like this is announced. So many of them dismiss it out of hand and claim you are an idiot for even bringing it up. As if there will NEVER be anything new under the sun. And if it was real, and big oil shelves it, then they appear to be right. If you bring up that aspect, then you must be a conspiracy nut. It makes these discussions seem so pointless. As if it will wrong even if it's right.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I am not a physicist, but I have a hard time understanding the science community when something like this is announced. So many of them dismiss it out of hand and claim you are an idiot for even bringing it up. As if there will NEVER be anything new under the sun. And if it was real, and big oil shelves it, then they appear to be right. If you bring up that aspect, then you must be a conspiracy nut. It makes these discussions seem so pointless. As if it will wrong even if it's right.

You and me both buddy.

The science of cosmology is corrupt, as are all state funded bureaucracies. There is a reason why I'm an anarcho-capitalist. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Now we just have to wait for the oil companies to violate this discovery.
any minute now...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Am I the only one who was immediately reminded of the guy posting a thread that he invented a warp drive and afterwards got harassed by alines?

The principles at work here seem to me not too far off, but of course we don't even know what principle it is which provides thrust. Astonishing article, to say the least...

More here:

emdrive.com...
emdrive.com...

edit on 7/31/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
when dismissing people out of hand became "science", they lost me.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So it works as the guy said it would. Nobody paid attention to the guy for many years, thinking he was nuts because it was in contradiction to what they were taught. Now NASA tested it and is trying to figure out how it works, trying to use Occams Razor to explain how it works. Who cares how it works, it works, it can be utilized and just because it defies the law does not mean it is a crime to use it.

This sounds normal to me, reality is based on beliefs. Breaking misguided beliefs is hard to do.

yes.I totally agree with you.who cares how it works.if it works use it.for example even aircraft lift is still not well understood with at least a dozen explanations but millions of planes flying out there.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
the nasa paper is authored by

Brady, David (NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, United States);
White, Harold G. (NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, United States);
March, Paul (NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, United States);
Lawrence, James T. (NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, United States);
Davies, Frank J. (NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, United States)

Paul March he is associated with Dr Woodward and Mach Principle.

Mach's principle as formulated it has a space drive or EM drive component and a wormhole component.

Dr White is associated with QVPT as well as warp drive. QVPT stands for Quantum Vacuum Plasma Thruster. it's a space drive just like in the article.

do you see a convergence here?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: championoftruth

originally posted by: rickymouse

yes.I totally agree with you.who cares how it works.if it works use it.for example even aircraft lift is still not well understood with at least a dozen explanations but millions of planes flying out there.

Yeah, but those millions of planes up there are contributing to climate change though. Looking at the big picture is crucial sometimes. Do we really need to be flying all over the place, the grass is not greener in California than it is here. There isn't even much grass in Vegas and the grass in the middle of the country is under water a lot lately or is covered by debris from the flooding. But these areas want us to think their grass is greener so they can get our tourist bucks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join