It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question? Can an insurance company cancel your insurance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
After they have already taken your money and after they have already signed the agreement. Can they cancel you if you don't sign an exclusion clause?

I feel that they already signed a contract and have already taken my money that I should not have to sign anything. They should have already had this signed when I signed their agreement. I do not plan to pursue my pool, which is damaged. The insurance people are making it a big deal and even sent an insurance adjuster to my house to take pictures. This is 2 months after I signed the agreement. This should have been done then, not now. And, I have made no claims about my pool and do not plan too.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

Read the original contract they usually have about 30 to 40 days to cancel a policy with cause.
They must also return your money Pro rata.
Also a broken swimming pool is a humongous insurance underwriting nightmare

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If you fill in the pool with dirt or cover it with a wooden deck and send pictures to the company it may take care of the issue
I am A licensed insurance broker by the way

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They can cancel for what ever reason you breached in their contract, and they will do so at the drop of a hat.

For example, if you don't have railings in your stairways they could technically cancel because it's unsafe.

Auto insurance as well, if you get say a speeding ticket for 50 KM/h + they will most likely cancel because you breached something in the contract, but auto and home are different, auto is just a few hundred a year, where as home could be thousands, I would contact a lawyer if you really wanted to follow up on whats going on.

But honestly, insurance is just legalized theft they call the shots, they know people need it, and they pick and choose through the statistics game what candidates would make them the most profit.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I know, it is a scam. I still think they are in the wrong. My father already blabbed to them, so there is no getting out of it, or covering it up. lol I just don't like be woken up in the wee hours of the morning to sign a stupid clause that should have been taken care of since day one. I feel that they are at fault.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Neglecting to mention a swimming pool or large trampoline or other structure would invalidate your insurance contract as an omission of material fact.
Better you find out now than when you try to collect a claim

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Neglecting to mention a swimming pool or large trampoline or other structure would invalidate your insurance contract as an omission of material fact.

I never planned to claim it anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Be very wary about letting the insurance company cancel the cover as one of the questions you are often asked when getting new cover is have you ever had a policy cancelled. If you say yes they may refuse to cover you,and if you don't tell them it could invalid your cover if you ever claim. Better to cancel the policy yourself after getting agreement from them to waive any cancellation charge.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if YOU planned to claim it. If ANYBODY got hurt on your property, when the claim adjuster got there and saw your pool or
Trampoline or amateur rocket lab you would be on the hook to pay all claims

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't know why my father switched in the first place to this no name insurance company. State farm was just fine and never had a problem in 10 years with them. I swear he's just like my sister sometimes. lol I can see where she gets her blabberness.
I will sign the stupid clause, but I am more pissed that they sent someone to my house early in the morning and he woke me up on my day off. Which I am trying to enjoy.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

originally posted by: dashen

I never planned to claim it anyway.

It does not matter if you ever intended to claim damages to it. If you failed to mention that you have a pool, then you did not disclose a material fact that carries a HUGE liability. If they had known from day 1 that you had a pool, then your insurance rates would have been much higher. I do believe, depending upon which state you live in, that if your insurance was cancelled, then you are entitled to a pro-rata refund on your premiums.

To answer your question as to whether or not an insurance company can cancel your policy, the answer is yes. Insurance companies are very meticulous about this stuff, as they could be sued for improper termination. In your case, they have a strong legal standing.
edit on 31-7-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I could of used you guys before I drained the water out. Where were you ATS? lol Too late now, damage is already done. I got tired of looking at a swamp that my x so nicely left me.

I also don't like the fact, that the agent lied to me. Oh, he's there to take pictures of the shed, when the adjuster said he was there to take pictures of the pool. Apart from abruptly waking me up. It made me in a bad mood from the get go.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When you signed that contract you stipulated that you gave full disclosure to the insurance company and reported that pool. If you did not, that's fraud and you committed it. A pool is a liability and is taken into account when a policy is issued. The only way you can eliminate the pool is to "decommission" it, and that involves breaking the bottom of the pool into little pieces and filling the pool with dirt and covering it.

But you didn't do that, did you? Instead, you "reasoned" that if you weren't going to use or fix the pool on Scout's Honor, that you didn't have to disclose that you had one. You got caught and now you blame the insurance company for "legalized theft," which is complete nonsense. The amount of money you pay for home insurance is peanuts compared to the liability you are insured for.

And guess what? If someone fell down into that empty pool and cracked their head, or drowned in that full pool that you thought would be okay to fill "just this once" then the insurance company would be OFF THE HOOK to pay anything because you committed fraud in the first place.

So the question becomes this: Would you rather know about this issue NOW or would you rather find out about this AFTER an accident and you are suddenly liable for wrongful death because some idiot came onto your property without your permission to take a look at this "attractive nuisance" and managed to kill themselves?

Which is it?

And as far as forcing the insurance company to insure you? That's laughable. You don't have a leg to stand on, whether your Daddy yells at them or not.
edit on 7/31/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

They, never asked me about a pool. If they did, I would have disclosed it, at the time of agreement. No, I had to waste two trips of gas to this place. If this is truely a company, they would had their ducks in a row, in which they did not.

So, why wait, two months later, to get it in a row period? That is what I am pissed about and waking me up this morning. I had already paid for my full year of drought, that a hurricane and tornado will miss anyways. Hasn't happened in 10 years with State Farm. And, I never claimed the pool with State Farm.

Now, all of sudden, the pool, is the problem. The insurance, covers nothing anyways. Especially, anything naturally caused. So, why bother with it? This insurance company will cover nothing, if a plane crashes on it, or a lighting strike hits. It is pointless, to even fight a pool.

That is why, I am so invested in it. I don't get why my dad bothered with this stupid company. It is not my choice, but whatever. What do I know... Never sign your house to someone else or your family members. You will regret it later. I know that for a fact.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Argue with me if you want. I don't care. What I said is true. You're going to get there eventually, whether you kick and scream or not. You did not disclose the pool. That's your problem. Take 'em to court of you want, but be prepared to lose.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The amount of money you pay for home insurance is peanuts compared to the liability you are insured for.

The amount of money that I pay for insurance, could have paid for the pool. Just like health insurance. A scam period.

new topics

top topics

join