It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Time Lag?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I needed to see which moderators were online earlier today.

One of them was super moderator masqua.

But I was puzzled to see that at the time masqua showed up on the "online members," the profile page said "Member was on ATS 24 minutes ago." I refreshed the pages on my computer just to make sure that had nothing to do with the discrepancy:

Is there a time lag in the system between when someone goes offline and when it registers on the "online members" page?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose

Must be. I logged off and back on a couple minutes ago and I'm not showing in the "online members" box.

Try it yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have since received a U2U explaining that "All members online within the past 30 minutes appear on the online members list."

It's good to know these things.
edit on 07/31/14 by Mary Rose because: Correct wrong word

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose

Thank you, I was wondering. 30 minutes, huh? I thought I was a ghost in the machine…

edit on 31-7-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
the page/section in question is auto-generated [via cron job] at specific intervals. think it used to be every 10 minutes or so, but now i believe it's every hour.... hence the delayed change in status.

hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Also how come on everyones avatar the information reads like this:

56k10bSaturday000000America/Chica?

It's on everyone's including mine..

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

You've got a setting hosed somewhere.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Go into your account settings and change this field to DD/MM/YYYY or whatever you want:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There is another factor which hasn't been mentioned yet.
I frequently look at my mini-profile and discover that I was "on ATS ten minutes ago".
One ot the triggers for this phenomenon seems to be the act of posting.
If you look at the latest posts, you will often discover that the most recent one, which appeared in the last ten seconds, was put up by a member who allegedly left ATS five minutes before posting.
Whatever starts it off, the phantom "has left ATS" often continues for many minutes longer.
Therefore I never entirely trust the information that someone has left ATS, until he is definitely pronounced "offline".
It may be that the page which declared the Mod to be online was accurate, and the profile which labelled him as having left ATS was not.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

yup.

the in-thread profiles info does update more often than the main forums page info/list

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

Go into your account settings and change this field to DD/MM/YYYY or whatever you want:

Thank you that has done the job.

top topics

join