It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No US-Africa Summit in DC? West Africa's Koroma, Sirleaf CANCEL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As the Ebola crisis deepens in West Africa, Obama is being criticized for not calling off the planned US-Africa Summit. But two key participants cancelled - President Koroma of Sierra Leone and President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia. Likely Obama needed to show confidence in US border security and travel safety. Fortunately, he's off the hook.

From BBC:

Both (Sierra Leone) President Koroma and his Liberian counterpart Ellen Johnson Sirleaf have cancelled visits to Washington for the US-Africa summit next week because of the crisis.

Sierra Leone President Ernest Bai Koroma said he would meet with the leaders of Liberia and Guinea in Conakry on Friday to discuss the epidemic and that he was cancelling a visit to Washington for a U.S.-Africa summit next week.

edit on 31/7/14 by soficrow because: format

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I don't blame them. They got more pressing issues at home. Hope they get a hold of that outbreak soon.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's an epidemic, I insist - they're only calling it an "outbreak" for damage control. I mean c'm - multiple epicenters (aka outbreaks) from the getgo. Which incidentally, makes it look an awful lot like bioterrorism. Somebody should put a leash on our global corporate government. They really do not know what they're playing with.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay, thanks for the reply.

It's an epidemic, I insist - they're only calling it an "outbreak" for damage control.

Up until now all the other incidences of Ebola have been called "micro-breaks". The fact they are calling it an "outbreak" (even in the CDC) is remarkable in and of itself.

Next is Pandemic in the chain. And in retrospect, a Plague.

Bit I'm with you, this is the worst incidence of Ebola ever. If we're not careful, the world is going to pussy foot around with it until its to late.

Dunno about terror(ism). I will say this. The siege measures to subjugate a people in modern times is to disrupt the infrastructure by turning off power, water, sewage and interrupting transport of goods, food and medical supplies. These effects are the usual result of "bombing campaigns".

See Gaza, Eastern Ukraine, etc. The intent is to turn off water to wash with and flood the streets with raw sewage (people can't flush if the water is off) and that is intended to start plagues like cholera and typhoid on purpose.

So considering that Ebola deaths are minor in comparison to war and sieges to conquer nations, the powers that be don't really give a s*** about a few or even a million Ebola deaths in some backwater country.

Maybe Ebola was not started on purpose but but will be allowed to run its course?

Like a forest department controlled burn in a forest to reduce undergrowth, it is a double edged sword that could get out of hand.

Did you hear they are going to be maybe bringing infected people into the US? The last thing you want is the jump of Ebola from one continent to another by mistake but now they are intending to do that on purpose

someone kick me.
edit on 31-7-2014 by intrptr because: bb code and change

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No a surprise, I suppose.

Can you imagine any nation's leader leaving the country in the midst of such a crisis at home?

BTW, Sofi, did you see the 30,000 person search thing? Amazing.

edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

did you see the 30,000 person search thing? Amazing.

Yes - Posted about it a while ago, found the attributed source just to be sure. Huge, yes but I think might reflect the fact Nigeria has been covering up for a while... Still, if 60 people were on the plane with Sawyer and they each had contact with 10 people that day, who each contacted another 10.... you know how it goes. Doesn't take long. And Lagos is one big city. With very few public toilets it seems, thus increasing exponential exposures exponentially.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This conference has the leaders of 50 nations attending I do not see much happening in the world that would cancel something that required that much work and coordination with so many nations.

top topics

join