It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Website Has Cost $840 Million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
A new GAO report indicates that the Obamacare website has cost taxpayers $840 million. Frustratingly, $150 million of those dollars was thrown away on the version that failed during the early days of the website's release.

The Obama administration has spent roughly $840 million on HealthCare.gov, including more than $150 million just in cost overruns for the version that failed so badly when it launched last year.

Furthermore, it has been noted that this isn't even the final cost as some aspects of the website haven't been completed so far. HealthCare.gov still doesn't have a mechanism to pay insurance companies.

Rep. Fred Upton, the chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee, noted that key pieces of the HealthCare.gov system—including the part that pays insurance companies—still haven't been built.

Some of the ludicrous spending included paying CGI $12.5 million to design the website and promptly firing them. Thereafter, Accenture was contracted for $95 million, which was later raised to over $175 million. Why you would have to contract a company for over $175 million to build a website boggles my mind. This is yet another reason why the national debt is unnecessarily high.

This website has a nice breakdown on how the taxpayer money was "dispersed": GAO Report

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It makes a lot of sense to me...if you are an unscrupulous con. Great Job!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think the cost of the website is one thing, but the TRUE slap in the face of all the Americans is when the Obama Administration outsourced the creation of the website to a Canadian company when they DAMN well knew they should have given the contract to an American company knowing how much our citizens are hurting for jobs and all.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
For the Obamacare lovers.

The efficiency and proficiency with which Obamacare was started

is indicative

of the way it will be run (and has been run) -
note all the people we hear about who paid but still weren't covered because the government somehow did not communicate with the insurance people

If you want single payer healthcare

it is indicative of the efficiency and proficiency with which

single payer healthcare will be run by the federal government.

I can see it now, outsourcing Skype Doctor visits to India.
Can't see a Doc in person unless the one on "Skype" refers you.

edit on 31-7-2014 by grandmakdw because: italic

edit on 31-7-2014 by grandmakdw because: bold

edit on 31-7-2014 by grandmakdw because: when i edited it removed an entire paragraph I had to reinsert

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Pistoche

Totally picked the wrong career path....

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I wonder what the number is when you add in all the ads(pajama boy, etc) into that?

Sure wish I could have made a few million off this boondoggle. I'd have at least put it back in our economy.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Lol.

Can't believe people STILL believe in this. It has been debunked many times already, also here on the forum.

mediamatters.org...

Conservatives used the entire budget of that contractor, throughout many years past, and fabricated the falsehood that the Obamacare site cost $600M.

It's like adding up ALL the military spending of the US since...say...1940...and then say the US just bought a new tank which cost them [insert the entire amount here of military spending from 1940 to 2014].

The Obamacare site was certainly not cheap, but get your facts right before spreading and re-spreading falsehoods which have already been debunked many times.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

$1b for a website.

If this is the final administration before a financial collapse, this makes sense if the goal is to "kill" the dollar.

That's of course if the story is true.
edit on 31-7-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I could pay $20,000 for a freaking blueberry waffle if I had someone else footing the bill for it too...

Shame has all but gone the way of the dodo. Seriously. Calling this 300 different kinds of ignorant stupidity wouldn't even begin to accurately describe what this whole pile of shiite has turned into.

edit on 7/31/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

$1 billion for a website

Plenty of unemployed grad students who could have down in for a few tens of millions I bet.

Some ones bank account got big off this.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

for some reason I think if those grad students were given a chance at it the thing would have worked better the first time than it does now.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
Lol.

Can't believe people STILL believe in this. It has been debunked many times already, also here on the forum.

mediamatters.org...

Conservatives used the entire budget of that contractor, throughout many years past, and fabricated the falsehood that the Obamacare site cost $600M.

It's like adding up ALL the military spending of the US since...say...1940...and then say the US just bought a new tank which cost them [insert the entire amount here of military spending from 1940 to 2014].

The Obamacare site was certainly not cheap, but get your facts right before spreading and re-spreading falsehoods which have already been debunked many times.

You are linking media matters?They have as much credibility as Sorcha Faal!Geez!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

And who is surprised.

Can't wait till the Govt takes over more crap, so it can be run into the ground and the tax payer can be raped.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What's the difference between being $1 in debt and being $20-Trillion in debt?

Absolutely nothing if you never intend to repay it.
edit on 31-7-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

To the obumer haters, time can only tell how bad it will eventualy be, right now is mainly speculation and made up faux outrage.

top topics

join