It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Recruitment Drive!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Freemasons say reports that they're trying to take over the country are greatly exaggerated.
But they are having a recruitment drive.

Freemasons are now trying to change those perceptions with advertising and public relations campaigns. And, for the first time, some Masonic lodges are engaging in recruitment drives.

That number has dropped steadily over the years to about 1.6 million this year, many of them older members. To refill the ranks, Masons are looking to appeal to the 21-to-55 age group, says New Jersey Grand Master Daniel Wilson.

taken from
www.usatoday.com...

This is new for the masons, to be actively recruiting new members.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Originally posted by chief_counsellor

Freemasons say reports that they're trying to take over the country are greatly exaggerated.

Wow, what a lead in to the story. Such a hook to get you to read the story.
If some Lodges are seeking new members, what of it? From what I have read here, Lodges in other countries already seek out new members.
Surely, you are not suggesting that this is sinister

[edit on 3-12-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

taken from
www.usatoday.com...

This is new for the masons, to be actively recruiting new members.

Could you please show me where it outlines a recruitment drive? In the U.S. the Grand Lodges (that I am familiar with forbid any kind of recruitment, though Masonic awareness is allowed... In other words, you still have to ask). The article was poorly written and researched, it indicated:

USA Today
To do so, lodges in New York and elsewhere are taking steps such as cutting the year-long initiation procedure, in which members must pass the first three (of 33) Masonic "degrees," down to a two-week course...

It's neither year long, nor the first of 33 Degrees, there are only Three Degrees in Freemasonry, the Sublime Degree of Master Mason being the Third and "highest" Degree. Way to go �Life� section of �USA Today�.

The Blue Lodges are not recruiting (in the U.S.), period.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
that would probably be the dumbest move the masons could make. its like they were trying to destroy themselves. its equivalent from moving to a volunteer army to a draft imo.

i mean its almost like the masons are trying to go the way of the democrat.

oh and that article clearly states that they are trying to activley recruit. it may not be true, BUT thats what the ARTICLE says. (yes it is only some lodges, but that would be a change in policy would it not?)

"Freemasons are now trying to change those perceptions with advertising and public relations campaigns. And, for the first time, some Masonic lodges are engaging in recruitment drives."

didnt the LPOTLEOZ say something about Genitive masonry? u guys got to do a serious mole hunt.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow this artical is so poor its scary. I wounder if adding the new Nicholas Cage movie was a way to turn the Masons into more of a "private society". Its dumb at first its a movie ad then it turns into a half a$$ed expression to show that the Masons are in need of new members. I dunno but this was a BIG step back just like National Treasure. 1 year to 2 weeks wish they could do that for school... 24 weeks long then you got to college for a month or two

[edit on 3-12-2004 by The_Final]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Wow, what a lead in to the story. Such a hook to get you to read the story.
If some Lodges are seeking new members, what of it? From what I have read here, Lodges in other countries already seek out new members.
Surely, you are not suggesting that this is sinister

[edit on 3-12-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

Not suggesting it's sinister, but it is strange that they would start actively recruiting, cuz it's not usually done.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The headline seems rather misleading when compared to the body of the article...

While the Masons may be looking to increase the numbers of its membership... the article provides no support for the use of the term "Membership drive" in the context of an active and outreaching force.

The entire article seems to have a bit of a slant... the choice of some of the words, what facts they choose to mention and which ones they choose to leave out.... but oddly enough... at the end of the article, the slant doesn't seem to have affected the article in any significance.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
actually, I was wondering about this...the local college's student newspaper has been running ads for a local freemason organization (afm 59, if i'm remembering rightly, it's been a while since i saw one of the ads so i could be forgetting a bit...), and it just seemed weird to me. i'm not used to thinking of masons advertising for new members (which the ads explicitly mentioned) but then again I know next to nothing about masonry...what's up with running ads for new members?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
*cough* anti mason crap *cough* *cough* crap *cough*

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
seems to me the most openly ohio masons have recruited is through the 'one day' initiation things where you get all 3 degrees in one day, which seems like cheating to me. they still don't advertise or try to recruit people to go to it though

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The only valid recruitment is the recruitment of viable candidates for the U.S. Military, an honorable and necessary organization. The Masons are honorable as well, but will not protect the country as needed.

Uncle Sam wants you, and maybe the Masons do as well, but there's only going to be one poster.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I thought you had to be asked to be a Mason.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pbrez

I can't speak for other states, but I know in Ohio you still do.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
CC, you've definately earned the Drama Award:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I can never understand why the obvious is never acceptable.

Lets make it nice and easy.

----------------------

I have a beach ball, it is a lovely beach ball.

I like you all, so come play with my beach ball.

-----------------------

If you have something that you think is good and will benefit others, it is a human reaction to say .

"Look everyone , this was a great experience for me, I would like you to consider this also".

If you want to consider that as recruitment, go ahead.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi

I can't speak for other states, but I know in Ohio you still do.

No offense, but you apparently can't speak for Ohio either. You both have it backwards. You have to ASK a Freemason to become a Freemason. We're not supposed to ASK YOU! (That's not to say it's never done, but it's not supposed to be.) It's that way in Ohio, it's that way in Michigan, it's that way in Missouri, it's that way. Period.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by senrak]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification. I don�t know I am not a mason but in a past post someone mentioned a mason had to approach you to join. I wasn�t sure.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification. I don�t know I am not a mason but in a past post someone mentioned a mason had to approach you to join. I wasn�t sure.

A lot of people are under that impression for some reason. Sadly, this has kept many good men from joining, because they never approached and asked. I recall when I petitioned 15 years ago. I talked with a member of the local Lodge for over an hour about Masonry, then finally asked "What do I need to do to become a member?" He replied, "You just said the magic words!"

Regards

new topics

top topics

join