It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buried WMDs Found ... In Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

U.S. weapons experts are struggling to deal with the remnants of a decades-old biological weapons program. They are trying to find potentially dangerous materials � once shrouded in secrecy � with only poorly kept records and fading memories to go on. Thousands of tons of hazardous substances like anthrax are at stake.

According to The Washington Post, the U.S. Army has spent two years and $25 million cleaning up an area of central Maryland's Fort Detrick that was used as a target range and waste dump. In what has become the Army's biggest remediation project ever, the cleanup of Area B has unearthed vials of live bacteria and nonvirulent anthrax. Some 2,000 tons have been scooped out of the ground to date, in a project due to end in 2003.

"You never know what's there until you start digging," Col. John Ball, Fort Detrick garrison commander, told The Post.

CBS News Report

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My AIT school got transfered shortly after I graduated to aberdeen proving ground maryland. Lovely place, no wonder the new generation of Generaor mechanics were screwy. probably poisned.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We have something similar here on LI. I live very close to an old Grumman's Factory, the AWACS used to take off from the factory in the 80's I believe. A state park was recently closed because they've found toxic chemicals and radiation materials underneath the soil (4-8ft) that the factory used to just dump there, this was of coarse before the area was made a public park.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Daddy! Look what i found in the sandbox!

oui

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey mutilator, I didnt know you were from L.I. so am I. (suffolk county) any how go to the NYPIRG website, and you will be amazed at how much there is under our ground. You can find the information, along with many other interesting topics in the superfund area.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
during the 60's the CSIRO (commonwealth serum investigative research organization) in Australia, dumped tonnes of bio-hazardous materials in landfills in the Melbourne area, the ranged from experimental vaccines to canisters containing viruses and other nasties, today most of the landfills, have been turned into housing developments, just sit back and wait for the birth defects to begin.....

new topics

top topics

join