Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Used Doctored Headlines In Ad

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This would be unbelievable if it wasn't so typical for the GOP. I'm sure they will claim this is a "freedom of speech" issue, but this is obviously blatant lying. Honestly, I can't believe this kind of thing isn't illegal.

GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Used Doctored News Headlines In TV Ad

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yeah, I know. Here's one in which a Democrat candidate stands next to a coal miner. The miner asked the Republican candidate "How you could have voted to raise my Medicare cost to $6,000 dollars?"

Well, his medicare costs weren't changed and the Republican didn't vote for it anyway.

And another:

newsbusters.org...

In Louisiana, incumbent Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu is fending off a tough challenge from Republican Rep. Bill Cassidy. The Senate Majority PAC paid for a TV ad in the state that said: “We’ve been battered by hurricanes, lost everything to floods. And for thousands of Louisianans, flood insurance and hurricane relief are our only protection. But the out-of-state billionaire Koch brothers funded the fight to let flood insurance premiums soar, helping the insurance companies and cut off hurricane relief for Louisiana families. Now they’re spending millions to buy a Senate seat for Bill Cassidy so he can fight for them. If the Kochs and Cassidy win, Louisiana loses.”

Four Pinocchios is the highest ranking the Washington Post’s “Fact Checker” gives to a false political claim.

“This is the third time in a month that the Fact Checker has given Four Pinocchios to an ad sponsored by Senate Majority PAC,” the Post said. “That’s a pretty dreadful track record, and does little for the organization’s credibility more than six months before the midterm elections."

www.theblaze.com...

Or, this one:

It’s really time for Democrats to drop these repeated “Mediscare” references to a supposed $6,000 increase in premiums. It is so out of date as to be laughable.

But even without that claim, the use of Jenkins’ quote about Medicaid to make broad charges about Medicare is a ridiculous and misleading mix-up of policies. The Rahall campaign should be ashamed of this ad.

Four Pinocchios

www.washingtonpost.com...

Enough for now?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Horrible tactics.

And in Illinois of all places.

Well like they say....

Fight fire with fire.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This would be unbelievable if it wasn't so typical for the GOP. I'm sure they will claim this is a "freedom of speech" issue, but this is obviously blatant lying. Honestly, I can't believe this kind of thing isn't illegal.

GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Used Doctored News Headlines In TV Ad

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Where are all your posts about Democrats lying? Or do you only care when one party does it?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow op getting called out by gop fans, must have hit a nerve or something. The beauty of the gop is there awsome power to ridicule themselves, just give them a mic or a podium and voila pure comedy gold.

But no worries jeb bush will be your next runner up, good times ahead.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Wow op getting called out by gop fans, must have hit a nerve or something. The beauty of the gop is there awsome power to ridicule themselves, just give them a mic or a podium and voila pure comedy gold.

But no worries jeb bush will be your next runner up, good times ahead.

And you missed the whole post, which is that people on both sides do this.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

"I can't believe that sort of thing isn't illegal" would be the last words the OP would say if you started a thread talking about democrats doing the same.

Guess it's all justifiable, if it's for "the greater good", right?

Bleh

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No where did i say the democrats dont do it, i pointed out its a right wing flaw of faux outrage with no facts, sorry if i did not include the left propaganda as the op was not about that.

top topics

join