It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Votes to Sue Obama (Updated) (Video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The Republicans issue with the NLRB was the illegal manner in which Obama appointed the members. SCOTUS said it was illegal and the appointments cannot stand. That created over a 1,000 NLRB rulings that were affected.

Currently the unions are doing all they can to stop the courts from allowing right to work laws, specifically the rulings that prevent unions from collecting dues from non union employees. Union dues going to PAC's / political support is forcing workers who do no share that political viewpoint to support the position without the ability to opt out.

If you look at recent union contracts one can readily see why there are money issues in some of these sectors. As for Obamacare you need to look at the Unions position on the matter and what Obama promised them. When it turned out unions would not be exempt from obamacare it pissed some unions off.

Contrary to popular belief not all unions support democrats and not all union members support democrats. Trying to blame the republicans for some of the issues raised is a perfect example of democratic talking point strategies.

At what point in our history did the democratic party decide that they can dictate to a branch of government held by the opposing party? It does not work that way and I think Democrats need to understand that. Hell even Bill Clinton understood that when the republicans took the majority.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No, I read what the article said, I will go with that.

You have your point of view about the unions and I have mine. My family were union members. My husband with the Laborers union for 38 years. I did labor as CNA for 20 year. That is one occupation that needs a union, because they get abused by corporations.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
No, I read what the article said, I will go with that.

Not a surprise really, Union slaves go along with whatever they are fed, you do as you are told.

You have your point of view about the unions and I have mine. My family were union members. My husband with the Laborers union for 38 years. I did labor as CNA for 20 year. That is one occupation that needs a union, because they get abused by corporations.

But the kicker to the story is that the Union workers just traded one slave master for another. You could say that most of these Unions are Corporations themselves.

You have no say whatsoever about how your dues are applied and used in the political influence game. Union workers are just herded, useful tools.

God help a Union member if they are not a good little sheople and vote Democrat.

Yep, They have to look over their shoulders for slugworth while at the ballot box. Trust me, I know some of these people, they are closet Conservatives.

Basically, You sold your souls just to have the right to claim that your back hurts when all you really wanted was to play hooky. ~$heopleNation
edit on 7-8-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

"Not a surprise really, Union slaves go along with whatever they are fed, you do as you are told."

We are retired.

"Basically, You sold your souls just to have the right to claim that your back hurts when all you really wanted was to play hooky. ~$heopleNation"

Yes, our backs hurt. My husband poured concrete, that was his specialty.
Our ballots in this state come to our home and the "union boss/thug" never came to our home in 38years.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

We are retired.

Oh well that is nice, I wish you both a very happy retirement then.

Yes, our backs hurt. My husband poured concrete, that was his specialty.
Our ballots in this state come to our home and the "union boss/thug" never came to our home in 38years.

Yeah I poured concrete when I was in my 20's. 90 pound jack hammer too, the whole deal. Glad it was only for 5 years. But no, they may have never came to your house, but they took your dues and used them for political gain. That was my point. Enjoy your retirement. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Why is it bad for unions to be political? The laborer needs a voice also. Just like corporations.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Why is it bad for unions to be political? The laborer needs a voice also. Just like corporations.

Labor and Corporations seem to be buying the same politicians.

The results are astounding.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Why is it bad for unions to be political?

Because Unions can never represent every single member's political beliefs. So what you end up with, is people unwillingly funding issues and politicians that they do not support.

The laborer needs a voice also.

Yes I agree, to a certain extent, but xuenchen made my point for me.

Just like corporations.

The Democrats are in bed with the Corporations just as the GOP is. You're a smart person, don't fall for that division bs. Just as both parties are supported by the Bankers. Just look at who contributed to the last 4 winning presidential elections. Look it up my friend.

Basically, they jump sides because their masters have already orchestrated who the winner will be. Again, Unions have basically became Corporations in their own way.

~$heopleNation
edit on 12-8-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I know all the politicians are bought. Everyone is bought, when you think about it. But I still believe the democrats care more about the wage earner. We are all crumb snatchers one way or another. Most people just want to make a decent living or take a vacation once a year. But the corporations and republicans will starve the wage earner to get to an appointed bottom line, then cut funds to SNAP.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I know all the politicians are bought. Everyone is bought, when you think about it. But I still believe the democrats care more about the wage earner. We are all crumb snatchers one way or another. Most people just want to make a decent living or take a vacation once a year. But the corporations and republicans will starve the wage earner to get to an appointed bottom line, then cut funds to SNAP.

I don't think that any of them on either side give one damn about the wage earner, they only care about themselves. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join