It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Votes to Sue Obama (Updated) (Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yeah...OK. The Dems and supporters of Obama realized that fund raising goes up with talks of impeachment. The Republicans aren't going for that at all...they are just forcing a law-avoiding President to be held accountable for not enforcing and/or ignoring the laws WE made. So...keep watching where the word impeachment is coming from. It is always from your left.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Xcathdra
If we allow the President to continue to illegally use executive orders to make changes, why should we assume it will only be restricted to immigration or the aca.

Except Obama is NOT illegally using EOs, but keep posting your little fantasy if it amuses you!

You don't actually believe that...do you? You can't possibly be that fooled. This administration (along with most others) have been breaking the laws of our country since day one. Illegally providing weapons to criminals...supporting terrorism (eg. money to Hamas)...attacking Americans (IRS)...etc.

If you simply want to support the ideals of the left...go for it. But laws are laws and this ass-in-chief breaks them daily and dares anyone to oppose him. Well...guess what. Someone is now opposing him. That is how our society works...you break the law...you go to prison or get sued.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Obama's race

Is a issue to birthers - that is the reason they make all sorts of silly claims about Obama and have tried so many silly lawsuits - which is what I said.

No his race is not an issue for birthers.

Obama's nationality is what they are trying to determine.

We know this because not everyone from countries located in Africa are black.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

yes it is - otherwise why are they demanding all sorts of records no previous President ever showed - what is so different about Obama, one just has to look at his picture to find out why!

We know that, from his BC's, the announcement in the papers put by the Hawaiian Dept. of Health etc.

What has Africa got to do with Obama being born in Hawaii - or do you think this is a documentary?

edit on 1-8-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

yes it is - otherwise why are they demanding all sorts of records no previous President ever showed - what is so different about Obama, one just has to look at his picture to find out why!

We know that, from his BC's, the announcement in the papers put by the Hawaiian Dept. of Health etc.

What has Africa got to do with Obama being born in Hawaii - or do you think this is a documentary?

Try a Google search for Chester Alan Arthur. Same some embarrassment. Well...next time.
Chester Alan Arthur

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Senator McCain went through the same issue. He provided the info to the Senate, who passed a resolution stating McCain met all conditions set in the Constitution to hold the office of President.

S. RES. 511 - A resolution recognizing that John Sidney McCain, III, is a natural born citizen.

Sponsors -

Mrs. McCaskill (for herself, Mr. Leahy, Mr. Obama, Mr. Coburn, Mrs. Clinton, and Mr. Webb) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

Currently Sen. Cruz is going through the same gambit since he holds dual citizenship (US and Canada).

You side stepped the issue you raised. Obama is being challeneged on where he was born - IE Nationality verse natural born - and NOT his race.

You are the one who stated the birthers have issues with his race. I pointed out the issue is with nationality and not his race (which by the way is human like every other person on this planet).

edit on 1-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Obama is being challeneged on where he was born - IE Nationality verse natural born - and NOT his race.

All the silly court cases attacking Obama have failed - over 200 of them. Obama was born in Hawaii - even if he was not he still would be a natural born US citizen

Cruz was born in Canada, so birthers must also have a problem with him, unless.....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Obama has not even come close to doing damage to the constitution and our freedoms that the Bush Administration did. Bush did it all with the Patriot Act. You have no idea. I remember when americans could not be detained for no cause at all, or send SWAT to break into your house. I never thought I would hear anything like "constitution free zones" in my life. I do not think Snowden is a traitor. I think he is a hero exposing the real abuses of our freedoms. Until republicans fix that, they just talk out both sides of their mouths on any issue to do with the constitution. Now they want to sue instead of governing. From the time they get back from their nice long paid for vacation until the end of the year, guess what is on their schedule. Suing Obama, and you pay for it. Maybe that is ok with you, but I won't be played like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

That as done by Republican Presidents, so they are fine, this was done by a Democrat President so it is so bad!

Sigh.

I guess it is too much too look of the FACTS like these:

The Iraq Resolution or the Iraq War Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002,[1] Pub.L. 107–243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing military action against Iraq.

ntroduced in Congress on October 2, 2002, in conjunction with the Administration's proposals,[2][7] H.J.Res. 114 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. EDT on October 10, 2002, by a vote of 296-133,[8] and passed the Senate after midnight early Friday morning, at 12:50 a.m. EDT on October 11, 2002, by a vote of 77-23.[9] It was signed into law as Pub.L. 107–243 by President Bush on October 16, 2002.

en.wikipedia.org...

The countries 'next' president.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

How are Republicans supposed to "govern" when Democrats have full control of the Executive Branch and a majority in the Senate ?

Would you expect them to simply "give in" on every Democrat/Progressive demand ?

Maybe Republicans are actually slowing down the "Progress" that will eventually kill off the U.S. system.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Obama has not even come close to doing damage to the constitution and our freedoms that the Bush Administration did. Bush did it all with the Patriot Act. You have no idea. I remember when americans could not be detained for no cause at all, or send SWAT to break into your house. I never thought I would hear anything like "constitution free zones" in my life. I do not think Snowden is a traitor. I think he is a hero exposing the real abuses of our freedoms. Until republicans fix that, they just talk out both sides of their mouths on any issue to do with the constitution. Now they want to sue instead of governing. From the time they get back from their nice long paid for vacation until the end of the year, guess what is on their schedule. Suing Obama, and you pay for it. Maybe that is ok with you, but I won't be played like that.

Lets try it this way...I helped elect them to congress along with a lot of other people and for many of us...THEY ARE DOING WHAT WE WANT. You and many others keep pointing to them like they are doing something unique that they were not elected to do. Well...I want them to make Obama enforce the laws, obey the laws, reign in the government, cut spending on the BS they spend it on, minimize government to a necessity...not a huge, over-paid business, promote economic growth (not their own), protect and maintain our Constitution, leave the people alone as much as possible, get rid of corruption (Lerner), etc.

So...you want to be pissed about what they are doing? Does Obama want to call them names and make fun of them? Then have the freakin guts to do that to me and all who put them in office...because for many of us...THEY ARE DOING WHAT WE WANT THEM TO DO.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The real funny thing is, you guys still talk about it, like any of it is real. Are you Americans still as stupid as 6 years ago?

You guys still believe the crap coming out of DC, still thinking democrats and republicans are any different. You guys know all the answers (as you say) but still you discuss, day by day, the most useless discussions ever. Congratulations. You just won the stupidest country award.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
As the liberal Nate Silver showed; Democrats are way more obsessed with impeachment than the republicans are:

fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
As the liberal Nate Silver showed; Democrats are way more obsessed with impeachment than the republicans are:

fivethirtyeight.com...

Because they can A - fund raise off of it, and B - trying to change the story to Republicans wanting to impeach obama is a way to distract the voters for the midterms. Its about the only strategy the Dems have to try and stave off an election landslide defeat for their party.

After Pelosi's temper tantrum on the House floor when a Republican was speaking, she needs to be voted out /. removed from office. If San Francisco wants her, then we should give California back to Mexico.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

No. This is not a benevolent move. This is about republicans know they are not going to win the Presidency for at least the next 18 years. Two more years left of this president, 8 years of Hilary, then 8 years of Warren. So they want to make the presidency impotent, unlike the way they treated Bush. I don't know who they will replace the old white voters with when they die off.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Lol really?

Absent the end of the orld I dont think Democrats are going to hold on to the Senate in the midterms and I think they lose the presidency in 2016.

The Real Reason Obama Wants Amnesty for Illegals

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Its a toss up for the mid terms currently. In 2004 the republicans got anti gay marriage on statewide election hoping to bring out there base and it worked. In 2016 legalizing pot will be all over state ballots to bring out the vote.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Maybe this is the real reason republicans don't want an immigration policy, because they are going to need cheap labor for the illegals that they want to keep that way. They are after the working man again, because illegals do not like unions. Plus their opposition to requiring businesses to use Everify:

"GOP Plots Offensive Against Labor"

Link
edit on 6-8-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The Republicans dont want immigration policy?

What policy? This administration is acting like a brain damaged test monkey. Throwing money will not fix the problem and not enforcing existing immigration laws compounds that.

The Real Reason Obama Wants Amnesty for Illegals

Also, not against Labor, against the NLRB. You know, the action Obama took when he decided he could put Congress in recess and make illegal appointments to that board (NLRB).

Even the courts told Obama no.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

"Also, not against Labor, against the NLRB."
According to the Republicans it is about labor, from the article:

"With majorities in the House and Senate, Republicans say they would push back against NLRB rules that have made it easier for unions to speed up their elections and organize multiple departments within a single company, among other things."

Read more: thehill.com...
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Since they passed Obamacare, the intent of every action by Republicans has been revenge. They will NEVER pass an immigration bill until they have the Senate or Presidency, or both. Pride and shame rules the GOP anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join