It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Votes to Sue Obama (Updated) (Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well they did it.

The House says "Sue 'em"

They will be suing over the Obama.Care employer mandate delays.

Although many legitimate reasons exist.

See you in court

Merits ?

Some Democrats are calling this an "impeachment" attempt !!

The House voted mostly along party lines Wednesday to authorize suing President Barack Obama, which Republicans called a principled move to rein in an increasingly lawless president and Democrats and the White House dismissed as a taxpayer-financed political stunt.

The resolution adopted 225-201 would authorize a lawsuit against the president over his implementation of the Affordable Care Act, with five Republicans joining all the Democrats in opposition — Paul Broun of Georgia, Steve Stockman of Texas, Scott Garrett of New Jersey, Thomas Massie of Kentucky and Walter B. Jones of North Carolina.

GOP leaders plan to sue over his decision to delay the employer mandate without authorization from Congress.

House Votes to Sue Obama (Updated) (Video)

H.RES.676

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Jeezuz that's a long ways down from impeachment aint it?
Just more prick waving im thinkin.....
I cant imagine what we could accomplish if we didn't waste the resources of government to pull political theatre at the peoples expense.....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ya let's sue him over something we kick and scream about not wanting to be implemented in the first time.
Doubt this goes anywhere and is just to stir up the base of elections

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wait...didn't the Republicans like the fact that he delayed the employer mandate? Now they are suing him for it? Please set me straight if I am wrong.

Also, what happens if Obama is found "guilty"?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I remember when democrats wanted to impeach Bush, but they played nice. I hope they have learned their lesson to never play nice with a republican president again. They have persecuted this man since day 1.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
John boner is such a damn idiot.
He and the rest if the idiots know this is going nowhere. But they sue anyways.
No court is going to hear this case, when congress has the sole power to deal with the lawless president. It's called impeachment.
Or they could use the other power they hold, the power of the purse.
But they're to damn stupid to use either.
In fact they surrendered both preemptively.

Damn fools the GOP. Really stupid fools at that.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ulterior motive. As always with politics. They think they are 7 steps ahead of everyone. And for the majority of Americans, they are.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Verdict - A Smokescreen for Israels Recent Bombing of Two UN Schools.
A Clever Trick Agreed to by Both Parties.
Nothing will come of this.

Left and Right - Two Wings on the Same Bird.

The Eagle Cannot Fly without the Co-ordinated Effort of Both Wings.

edit on 30-7-2014 by NeverMind2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I remember when democrats wanted to impeach Bush, but they played nice. I hope they have learned their lesson to never play nice with a republican president again. They have persecuted this man since day 1.

With good damned reason!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well I suppose if the GOP is never expecting to retake the White House this is some way for them to remain in the public eye and not just as the Congress that has done less then any other in our history. Sure it is a waste of time and tax payer money but, at least it will play to far right base. And right now that is all the GOP has.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Quite sad. The world is going to hell in a handbasket and all the little minions in DC can't get past their little tantrums and vendettas. Tunnel vision. And to think we are paying for it. Honestly makes me want to cry when I think about what the GOP used to be.

Aint "G" no mo.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

You think with "good reason"? Really? And what might that reason be?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Yep. I honestly don't think any of them are actually bright enough to run the country. Clueless. Duh. So they do what they know how to do. Bitch and complain. Whine and cry.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

What did he do to be persecuted like this? Wanted to get us out of wars, wanted to get us a health system that all can go to? Just please don't answer that because I am done. Stick a fork in the Presidency for good for Republicans.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Stick a fork in the whole greasy simpering bunch of em.....they are all done....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

What did he do to be persecuted like this? Wanted to get us out of wars, wanted to get us a health system that all can go to? Just please don't answer that because I am done. Stick a fork in the Presidency for good for Republicans.

Wow I must say that you are brilliant.

Persecuted?

You mean like the women in Iraq that are having their genitals mutilated by islamonazis?
That kind of persecution?
Yeah what a stand up guy.
Turns his back on Iraq and never looked back.
And he sure was quick to bomb the hell out of Libya though right? I guess that was one of those left wing nut job justified brown people bombings.

And Enjoy your make believe healthcare utopia while it lasts.
edit on 30-7-2014 by bjax9er because: Add

edit on 30-7-2014 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya let's sue him over something we kick and scream about not wanting to be implemented in the first time.
Doubt this goes anywhere and is just to stir up the base of elections

One thing I found ironic was the lack of shouting about the employer mandate delays.

What happened to the "importance" of forcing employers to pay for insurance ?

I thought that was one of the main points of the whole ACA ?

How many Americans have been forced into paying for their own insurance ?

Hmmm.

Maybe people thought it wasn't that big of a deal.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

It looks like the "suit" is about not going to Congress.

That must be the main point.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

What happened to the "importance" of forcing employers to pay for insurance ?

That was pure propaganda from the talking heads.

The main point of the ACA was to force all Americans to buy a corporate policy. It was a scam to trick people in to thinking they had a chance to find healthcare at a decent price.....but instead we pay out our asses for a policy that creates profit...not better health coverage.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is about the separation of powers. Everybody in the legislative branch should be supporting this lawsuit, whether Democrat or Republican. I think this is major.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join