It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja vu running amuk...what to do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have been having HUGE amounts of d�j� vu lately in regards to my everyday life.
More then I have ever experienced before. And it really is starting to disturb me.
It�s not just a feeling anymore. It is more like a portion of film being played in my mind.
Before, I would just get a �feeling� like I had done this before. Now, It�s more pictures and �scenes in my head�. And a lot of it is happening before the actual occurrence of the event.
Premonition maybe?

What really is bothering me is previous to this, my d�j� vu�s have been a sort of �sign� that something bigger was going to occur. So, what does it mean when it all of a sudden becomes stronger then it was?

Anyone else been having stronger d�j� vu lately?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have last week. I think I was watching Master and Commander. They were boarding the ship or something and just in my head I knew I saw this before. It's the weirdest thing ever.

My friends say that deja vu is like things that happened to you in your past life and you remember it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
cookie. I dunno. All I know is that it is becomming more constant and is stronger then before. I would say I experience it about once a week now.

I understand that some of the deja vu occurances can be dismissed as stuff you have done previously and just forgot about it until you do it again. Like watching the same T.V. show over again. What I'm experiencing is not like that.

I guess it is more like a premonition of near future events. It always relates to me, nothing like the destruction of the earth. (which is good, because I couldn't deal with that)

Just wanted to see if anyone has had this experience and can put some sense to it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
By the way it was my first time watching it.

-to post on bottom

It's okay I just misinterpretted.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
to imply anything. Just trying to give more detail.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe you should write down all the things that happen and see if there is a pattern on when this occors or how many things come true,

It may be that you are begining to be able to make preminitions,

Dose anything occor in your dreams like this?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Always during the day. I will start taking notes though. I think that will help me to make sense of it all if nothing else.

Quite honestly, I don't feel I would want to be able to have preminitions.

Have you had much experience with this?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Deja vu running amuk...what to do?

I havent noticed it?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've been getting alot of de ja vu recently to. It's the weirdest feeling.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Amuk would you stop doing that!!!

Blend, most of the deja vu stuff i have experienced also seems to come in periods. don't know if this is similiar to you, but I sometimes go weeks and even months without an experience only to have several in one day or in a short amount of time.

I have been keeping a journal of all things like this, trying to see what causes the effect, but I have NOT pinpointed anything yet.

I agree with Asala for you to record these events and then try to see what events in your life or the world around you it correlates to.

[edit on 12-3-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Before I say something let me just say that I don't believe that Deja Vu is something spiritual, rather I look through science lens.

According to my scientific understanding Deja Vu is nothing but your brain's neruons firing at the wrong time. For example you might remember reading this same post sometime ago, but you probably didn't, you are unconsiously making connection with some other post you read and this, because of the similarity in these two posts. Your brain acciendently thinks this is the post and fires the memory neurons saying this is it.

Maybe I am totally wrong, it is upto you to decide.

Surf

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have a little but only from my personal experience,
I used to have deju vu alot when I was younger then I started to re live it,
In terms that as I thought " I feel like I have done this before" I would also remember things that were going to happen, like a car driving past etc.
This got deeper as I got older and when I felt like I was having deja vu I would remember more from later that day,
like sitting watching the news and there being a plane crash, I often said to people I feel like theirs going to be a plane crash, sometimes I was wrong but more time I was right,

I started to keep notes and found that I was having premonitions...
I still keep notes and still they come to me, not all the time but just when theirs going to be a plane crash (why plane crashes I still don�t know)

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I started to keep notes and found that I was having premonitions...
I still keep notes and still they come to me, not all the time but just when theirs going to be a plane crash (why plane crashes I still don’t know)

Asala I am not trying to doubt you, but did you get anything on 8/11/02 or early morning 9/11/02?

Just wondering.

Surf

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
That used to be the way it was. But like I said before, this is more frequent then normal and it has changed from a "feeling" to more of pictures. Almost like a scene from a movie is playing in my head.
The change in the way it presents itself is what worries me. I have had deja vu since I was a child. I'm used to it. I believe in it and it has helped me with some major lifechanging decisions. I guess I've learned how to use it. But this is just freakiness.

I guess all I can do is monitor it and see what develops.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
can you give me a link to this? I am really looking for anything to explain this away.

thanks,
b56

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I believe in deja vu. But I'm not sure I am ready for the premonition side of it. Not saying that people can not have premonitions, but just saying that I am not ready for that.

Did you notice any shift from one to the other?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Nope not at all, i had no feeling at all about that,

some happen that i do not get anything on, i still try and work that out why it only seems to be some crashes,

I felt that one not long ago where 3 planes went down in Russia, I said to a member here that i felt like a plane crash had happened, then i thought theres more.... theres another one and again one that was confirmed on the news i still felt like there was more,
20 mins after that the other plane went down,

It was scary and i cryed i just felt overwhelmed, its not something i want to have the gift off,

**Blend** nope it just happened to me, Believe me i was not ready for it and still struggle with how to deal with it, But like you its best to research this as much as you can in the jope of getting an understanding...

[edit on 3-12-2004 by asala]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
give me telekinesis.(misspelled?) I'll take that anyday. But to have preminitions about plane crashes? Rough. I think that is partially why I am so fearful. I would not want to know when people are going to die. especially if you only know moments before it happens.no chance to help.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Textgive me telekinesis.(misspelled?) I'll take that anyday. But to have preminitions about plane crashes? Rough. I think that is partially why I am so fearful. I would not want to know when people are going to die. especially if you only know moments before it happens.no chance to help.

Spot on, I always feel so helpless.

But who know some people get premintions that are ok and they enjoy the gift they seem to have, Im not sure if you can stop it, but understanding is the key i guess, and thats where i am, just trying to learn a way to control it.. i have heard that this can be done so its something im looking it to

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
so now I feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone. I just went to a few website on this stuff and the one that got my attention stated this:

Premonitions can be as subtle as a gnawing feeling or can be so overwhelming that they jolt you out of your everyday routine and prevent you from thinking of little else. They can be vague, nothing more than a feeling, or they can be so vivid that some experiencers say it is like watching a film. Premonitions can foretell something that happens a minute later... or weeks or even many months later. They can come while you're doing the dishes or they can come in dreams.

So vivid its like watching a film. Thats what I am having. It also stated that I should document them. Just as Asala and worldwatcher said. So I will.

I thank you guys for the input. As i was a little freaked by this and you guys helped calm my fears. I am going to research both ends of the spectrum and figure out whats going on.

Asala,
I hope you find out how to control your premonitions.
thanks for all your help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join