It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you fix the border problem?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ok so this border thing is getting some heated discussions. I can see that the majority of people agree that the illegals need to go, but the arguments are stemming from how to make them go. I can only imagine that if it is this bad between citizens, how bad it must be between the people that make the official decissions. After reading and participating in several discussions I decided this might be a way to actually get people thinking towards a solution that might filter to congress somehow.

I want to hear peoples actual ideas and plans of how they would best resolve this issue. And just to be clear "put them on a bus and send them back, no amnesty!" is not a solution. What i want is for you to pretend your in charge and you are making the plan to fix it, lay it out step by step from capture to deportation or citizenship (whichever you choose). If you could put as much detail as possible into your plan.

I know it is difficult but lets try to make some actual headway on this issue instead of just bickering.

(post by Poppcocked removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

All you are going to get is people saying militarize the border and build a big wall.
Then it will come up that we should start shooting at them to scare them.
You will also get the idea of making a 5 mile buffer zone and anyone that gets caught in there goes to a labor camp and that we send mexico the bill for it.
It is all a pipe dream, there is no way to secure the border 100%, a user going by MrSpad always brings up the money and force involved in the N. Korea/S. Korea border and people still get across there and it is a tenth of the size of our southern border.
Good luck with the thread tho.
And IMO all we can do is what we have now, sensors and agents responding to those sensors.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Thank you. I know its a risk starting a thread anywhere close to this topic as I have seen how the others ended.

I tend to agree with you what we are doing now is basically all we can do but a little funding could go a long way.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would hire migrant workers to build a really tall wall.

And employ some ground penetrating radar to spot tunnels.

I would deport people who enter the country illegally.

This (and only this) would keep the Canadian border secure!!!

So vote Elton in 2016!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think we should accept the children. Educate them house them and award them citizenship.

But....

At the age of eighteen they must serve a minimum of two years for the U.S. Military. It seems a fair exchange.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

LOL I like what you did there.
We can arm the southern border to the teeth but then they will just come in from the north.

And texas I agree that some more funding would help, but I would rather see that funding going to the reform of the legal process in making it not so long and costly.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I would hire migrant workers to build a really tall wall.

And employ some ground penetrating radar to spot tunnels.

I would deport people who enter the country illegally.

This (and only this) would keep the Canadian border secure!!!

So vote Elton in 2016!

Sure like people are breaking down the door to enter Canada.

Edit - Oh. that was a joke. (it was funny.
) So I guess you're clever or something......
edit on 30-7-2014 by justanothermember because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What border?
Sorry, too soon?

Ah,this is the general chit chat forum, so please excuse my lighthearted behavior.

I've read several threads on this subject, and some people say the government should step up and do something,or have the military take care of it, or even some people suggested how about they take things into their own hands.

I would strongly advice against civilians taking action themselves.
Imagine the chaos that would ensue.

I think your president needs to find a solution to this problem.
I know it's easier said than done.

edit on 30/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have lots of ideas on the subject but none of them are original. I would just be regurgitating what has been said a thousand times.

It really does take money and manpower to really secure the border. There is no other way to go about it.

I have an idea?

Maybe something like this between a double fence? We can call it Electric Avenue (Jackass) I'm not very original sorry.

Electrify a fence? Or how about taser turrets?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
OK, I will be a little more serious...

I think we want people to cross the border (I don't know why) otherwise we would decide to police the border and return illegals. Talk about job creation, hire and train lots of border patrol (subsidized by federal government, as it's a national issue, not a Texan one).

As long as we don't want to secure the borders (for whatever reason) they will not be secure.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I just brought up this topic in another thread.

Do away with the idea of a border altogether. Actually overhaul the economy to deal with doing such a thing ( so get away from monetary economics) and basically establish a force for the people and not the corporations. I would assume only a military dictatorship would pull this off. But I doubt it would have to be in power very long .....that is if people weren't so opposed to change. But people are and in general are pretty dumb...so yeah, there really isn't a REAL solution to thus conundrum.

Building a wall isn't a solution. Throwing all the illegals out won't work either. Nor is keeping the illegals in the country a solution either.

Basically the only viable option that would work for everyone is to stop believing that imaginary lines actually define who you or anyone else are as humans. Deal with the REAL issues. Illegal immigration is NOT the real issue. Socioeconomic problems are a significant part of the problem as to WHY everyone is jumping the border. Figure out WHY people are illegals and then fix that...then you will have no border problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
OK, I will be a little more serious...

I think we want people to cross the border (I don't know why) otherwise we would decide to police the border and return illegals. Talk about job creation, hire and train lots of border patrol (subsidized by federal government, as it's a national issue, not a Texan one).

As long as we don't want to secure the borders (for whatever reason) they will not be secure.

Not much a solution. maybe you should stick with the jokes.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Fixing illegal immigration is easy, fine anybody that hires undocumented workers. Second offense gets jail time.
Eliminate any funding for people without social security numbers or immigration papers. When they can't make a living here or feed themselves they will stop coming here.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Build a large canal along the border from the Gulf to the Pacific hiring any immigrants who wanted the job. After completion of project they can have full citizenship.

Since we no longer have ownership of the Panama Canal it would give a new shipping lane along the southern border of the country and create thousands of jobs.

The canal could be patrolled by Coast guard and Border patrol.

It would bring sea water to 4 of the driest states (NM, TX, AZ. southern CA.) who could build desalinization plants to produce fresh water. ( hundred - thousands of more jobs created)

It would give a legitimate opportunity to people who wanted to be citizens to become one.

Once the border was sealed and SECURED to stop the never ending flow into the country then I would offer citizen ship to all the illegals already here after they registered and under the agreement that for 10 years they would keep a clean police record and gainful employment. They would not be able to receive ANY type of government assistance for the first 5 years

Any felony would be an automatic deportation and you couldn't just walk back again because the border is better secured now. Come back after deportation and it's an automatic 20 years in prison.

I am sure many will find fault with this plan but I feel it's better than any out there. It would give those wanting to live here a way to do it legally. Realistically there is no way to get the ones out that's already here and I would be willing to help them become citizens under certain condition stated above. If you come here to work, fine but we don't need anymore career welfare recipients and criminals. There's enough of those already.

The canal would also help Mexico's industry with the shipping access should they care to use it.

I am not racist and like having them be able to come here for a better life

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
" How would you fix the border problem? "

1. Cancel NAFTA

2. Demand the U.N. set up and enforce a 5 mile "DMZ" on the Mexico side.

Think of the training opportunities.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You will never secure the border.

NEVER

All you can do is stem the tide.

To sort the issue you need a mixture of measures.

For punitive measures:
Build a fence and increase patrols within reason. But that wont stop it, but 100 foot concrete walls and armed guards on it 24/7 would not be economical or cost effective. Its fantasy.

Harsh penalty for Company's in the USA that employ illegals. Massive fines and asset repossessions. They are encouraging the problem, let them pay for it.

Stricter welfare rules. No illegal should be able to claim a penny.

Humanitarian measures. ( YES I said Humanitarian, punitive measures wont sort the problem on there own)

USA should take a look at how there foreign policy current and past has affected the Latin American country's
then:
A) Stop any policy s *cough* war on drugs *cough*.
B) Take measures to improve the economic stability of Mexico and other high immigrant states.
C) Stop chasing Muslims in the ME and help Mexico eliminate the cartels who are a REAL threat to the USA.

Insistent a low skill work visa program like Australia for temporary work for unskilled labour that no one wants to do with the option with good references to upgrade to a more permanent status. That way there are on the books working and paying taxes.

That MAY stake the burden off.

But what ever you need a MIXED approach.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
" How would you fix the border problem? "

1. Cancel NAFTA

2. Demand the U.N. set up and enforce a 5 mile "DMZ" on the Mexico side.

Think of the training opportunities.

UK has a 30 miles ocean on it border and we still get immigrant pour across our borders.

a 5 mile DMZ? Mexicans will just laugh at it and find ways round it!

We are talking human beings here no apes. No matter how big the fence or wall you put up they will adapt!

The problem here goes allot deeper than than what any simple "CLOSE THE BORDER!" type mentally will sort.

You will need a alot more of a mixed bag of solutions.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Build a large canal along the border from the Gulf to the Pacific hiring any immigrants who wanted the job. After completion of project they can have full citizenship.

Since we no longer have ownership of the Panama Canal it would give a new shipping lane along the southern border of the country and create thousands of jobs.

The canal could be patrolled by Coast guard and Border patrol.

It would bring sea water to 4 of the driest states (NM, TX, AZ. southern CA.) who could build desalinization plants to produce fresh water. ( hundred - thousands of more jobs created)

It would give a legitimate opportunity to people who wanted to be citizens to become one.

Once the border was sealed and SECURED to stop the never ending flow into the country then I would offer citizen ship to all the illegals already here after they registered and under the agreement that for 10 years they would keep a clean police record and gainful employment. They would not be able to receive ANY type of government assistance for the first 5 years

Any felony would be an automatic deportation and you couldn't just walk back again because the border is better secured now. Come back after deportation and it's an automatic 20 years in prison.

I am sure many will find fault with this plan but I feel it's better than any out there. It would give those wanting to live here a way to do it legally. Realistically there is no way to get the ones out that's already here and I would be willing to help them become citizens under certain condition stated above. If you come here to work, fine but we don't need anymore career welfare recipients and criminals. There's enough of those already.

The canal would also help Mexico's industry with the shipping access should they care to use it.

I am not racist and like having them be able to come here for a better life

Britain has that......we call it the channel.

Guess what it dosnt work......Immigrants still pour through.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Get every "legal" an RFID chip.
Make every aspect of society dependable on that chip.
Paying, housing, driving cars, education.. Etc.

Scan roads, airports, harbors on anyone without a chip.
Integrate scanners with CCTV, demand CCTV at home for insurances, demand RFID login to enter the interwebs

Just make it impossible to live without any form of chipchip and enforce huge punishments for the chipped to interact with chipless

Ohw wait...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join