It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan storms Hawaii beaches to prepare for island threat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

How about this then troop, my use of the term
"Harbor bomber"? Would you deem that offensive?
Because even tho I don't and didn't mean it to be?
I have the feeling some thought it was and would
relish a thought from you.

I'm of the opinion that it terms a truth for the sake of
conversation. And only pokes a bit of fun at the same time.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: crazyewok

NEWS FLASH!

World War 2 ended!

Thank you Flash for that on scene report.

Seems honor for our fallen dead also ended.

You'll find that a lot of soldiers respected their enemies, even those during WW2. True, some came to hate...but more came to understand that all soldiers were pawns, and went through the same hell, of being ordered by governements, and politicians, to do deeds that weren't always honorable.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

Reminds me of something," Firdinand The Great" once said.

"If soldiers ever began to think for themselves?
There would be none left in the ranks".

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

....... when they invade North Korea.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Japan isn't going to invade North Korea. They're not the best allies, but Japan and South Korea are allies, and that would piss the South off enough to break the alliance. And once that happens, China will have free reign. The only thing that could stop them is a joint alliance between multiple nations in the area. They're not strong enough to stop them on their own.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk

KANEOHE BAY, Hawaii -- Japan has been practicing storming beaches with the U.S. and other countries in Hawaii this month. The amphibious landing exercises, which are relatively new to Japan's military, come as Tokyo tries to boost its ability to defend small islands it controls but China claims as its own.

Japan storms Hawaii beaches to prepare for island threat

What else could Japan know more about than defending a small Island? They DO NOT need the extra practise.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Storming is NOT defending. Its one thing to defend, it's another to attack, which with the current South China Sea situation, that is an entirely real possibility for the future.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Now that Japan is rearming for external missions I bet they get alot closer too.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Philippines are an independent nation now so i dont think we and japan could just show up and do invasion drills....least not with out being invited

and if were honoring our dead on "holy battlefields" why would the Philippenos want to have people who didnt just bomb but occupied their territory do a practice run again?(seems far more offensive to them then the honored dead at pearl)

and with geopolitics being in the state they are now something tells me china would stage a nice hissy fit(and observe the whole thing being close to them and all like other members pointed out) and get mad at us carrying out exercises in what they seem to view as their seas(them not me think this mind you) then that whole south china seas thing would flare up in addition to the hotspots and an Ebola epidemic going on in the world so they probably think using pearl is easier and more wise from a logistical stand point and from an anti espionage stand point

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

So I can cross off Secretary of the Navy, as far as any
future job perspectives go right?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yes because it's all a nefarious plot. They're going to wait all this time, slowly change their constitution and then do it again and take over the world with their giant robots and mecha.

Didnt you know?

On December 7 they are going to attack pear harbour again!

But this time........

WITH ROBOTS!

Also I hear from my British contacts we are building a fleet to retake the colony's

I already have my redcoat ready.

A British officer was captured by the French during the Battle of Toulon.

A French officer asked the captured Englishman why their officers wore red coats, as the color made them easier targets for French gunners.

The English officer replied, " That is so that if a British officer is wounded, the men will not be able to see his blood and thus will not become disheartened."

The French officer thought for a moment and said,"Hm..That is a very good idea."

From that time on, French officer's trousers were brown.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Started in 1971 and have happened pretty regularly.

Rim-Pac '90 with the Missouri doing fire support gets my vote as coolest.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Started in 1971 and have happened pretty regularly.

Rim-Pac '90 with the Missouri doing fire support gets my vote as coolest.

Heck yeah. I did a midshipman cruise on the Wisconsin and we got to fire the big guns at the Rosie Roads range. Talk about earth shattering.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Haha!

I thought I heard them all, new one to add to the list!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: NavyDoc

Haha!

I thought I heard them all, new one to add to the list!

Just for you my friend. You and Old Blighty.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I venture to guess that they'd rather it be this way, then another war with them.

I do find it amusing in a way that the Japanese, a former enemy, are involved in exercises designed to warn off China, a former ally...

Ah, international politics.

The Japanese have been allies for over fifty years now... They've been training with US/Nato for some little time now.

Alliances make for strange bedfellows. Two hundred plus years ago? Who'd have ever thought that the Brits would be among our staunchest allies? After WWII? Germany and Japan are our allies?

Russia, though that was never more than an alliance of necessity, became an enemy, and now is a frenemy (did I actually use that word?), China an ally, now an enemy, or at best a competitor.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

or at best a competitor.

K, I understand the competition in regards to territory,
resources, etc. But sometimes it seems the amount of
competition vies a far more ultimate spoil. Can't call it
tho.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

That?