It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SolarWorld Win's Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
theenergy... collective.com/eric-wesoff/445786/solarworld-wins-again-big-anti-dumping-tariffs-us-china-solar-panel-trade-case

“We and our workers are very gratified to hear that the U.S. government once again has moved to block foreign government interference in our economy and clear the way for the domestic production industry to be able to compete on a level playing field,” said Mukesh Dulani, president of SolarWorld Industries America. “We should not have to compete with dumped imports or the Chinese government. Today’s actions should help the U.S. solar manufacturing industry to expand and innovate.”

Well say bye to buying any solar panels for .25 cents per watt. At this rate no one will be able to afford to go green. This is not just a tax it is a message to the industry. I know some will say that this helps in the long run because of emission standards in other countries are not worth us reducing ours but i disagree. This just slows a growing industry in the u.s. to try to create one that will never compete with low prices of manufacturing other companies can manage to pull off.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have solar panels that come from Korea, best I could find out. Always before I had thought about solar and was put off by the prices. Then I found some on Amazon for a good price. Bought 4 of them. Which led to me buying a US made charge controller with remote ($700), a pure sign wave convertor ($500), bunch of expensive copper cable, bunch of aluminum (for framing), etc... A decent amount of money moved because I found solar panels that I could afford.

The solar panels alone were so expensive before I simply would not commit the money. But, why in the hell worry about solar panels. I go into walmart and not only are durable goods almost solely the province of China but now increasingly the food is also. I just chuckle when people think an air freshener is going to make that broke down junk car worthwhile.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
theenergycollective.com...

The current status quo of the energy industry is providing a lot of resistance to alternative energy sources, including solar. One example is how any solar cells more than 20% efficient are denied a patent due to national security. You would think that energy independence is in the national security, but instead it is maintain oil profits and all the growing troubles it brings. In fact they are creating a lot of resistance and trouble all around the world with all the wars and conflicts going on. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

new topics

join