It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo: Matt Drudge ‘doing his best to stir up a civil war’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So the issue causes tension, not the reporter.

Food for thought.

Geraldo doesn't get to limit opposing focus on an issue he happens to support, which is of course why he had to make Drudge the subject.

Lame.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't agree that drudge is trying to incite a civil war, he links to stories after they have a conservative slant to them. Am radio on the other hand is IMO attempting to incite civil war, and tax evasion, judging by there ads.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I don't agree that drudge is trying to incite a civil war, he links to stories after they have a conservative slant to them.

And Huffington Post has a liberal slant.

I know this about both. I read both.

Fortunately, I'm not so feeble minded that I can't determine if I agree with something or not.

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Am radio on the other hand is IMO attempting to incite civil war, and tax evasion, judging by there ads.

Don't listen to radio, so can't comment.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Geraldo has done some real good work over his career.....and he has some epic failures as well. I tend to take each issue one at a time with him. I feel the same way about the stuff Drudge posts. Some good some bad. You just have to weed through the crap to find the good stuff.

So I would say Geraldo is wrong in this instance. I don't believe Drudge is trying to start a civil war.

Now if he would have said the hard Right is trying to start a civil war......I would agree 100%. They try day in and day out to get people outraged at different groups of people. Hell, some of the Hardcore Righties have openly advocated for killing dem "illegal immigrant invaders".
edit on 7/30/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
All i can think when i hear this clowns name. A want to be reporter sorry but that is how i fell
about him. H e likes to try to stir up crap
www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Isn't this how the majority of Conservative news companies make their money? By spreading lies, misinformation and fear aimed to anger their listeners and readers.

Sean Hannity does it
World Net Daily does it
Rush Limbaugh does it.
And looks like Matt Drudge has stooped down to their level as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

And looks like Matt Drudge has stooped down to their level as well.

How so? By linking news stories the left would rather not talk about?

Please, I review many left leaning sites every day just to keep perspective. You'd be amazed how many scandalous and miserable stories this administration has caused that they just don't want to talk about.

Edit - Like your new avatar though.

edit on 241pm0404pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't like Geraldo, but a lot of alt news sites have inflammatory and hysterical headlines.

Cover the facts, not what could/might/maybe happen in a worst case scenario.

Take this from Infowars today:

www.infowars.com...

Why not reach out to the Ruskies, instead of feeding the tension?

Do a dualcast with Russia Today if you're sincere about peace.

link   
I don't like Geraldo, but a lot of alt news sites have inflammatory and hysterical headlines.

Cover the facts, not what could/might/maybe happen in a worst case scenario.

Take this from Infowars today:

www.infowars.com...

Why not reach out to the Ruskies, instead of feeding the tension?

Do a dualcast with Russia Today if you're sincere about peace.

link   
Double post. Modz plz delete.
edit on 31-7-2014 by HiAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Geraldo Rivera really looks like Tom Selleck to you?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I'm not so sure that Drudge uses an algorithm to find his links. He has an "alert Drudge" link on his page, and I believe some of his "local stories " are found that way. (His reader links to the local newspaper, TV station etc). Drudge ALSO links heavily to the UK media, where surprisingly, MANY US related stories are first published. These are usually stories that call out either the duplicity or illegal activities of American elected officials. The British journalists seem to be more apt to use FOIA than US mainstream media (who take press releases, memes as the Gospel truth and "run" with them.). Drudge gives a forum and a convenient "one stop" way to FIND the news that is "overlooked" by our non investigative press corps.

As for Geraldo, well I've thought for years he reports (w/added hysterics) on what he feels will get HIMSELF positive accolades and invites to the "best" cocktail parties. Meh...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but I think it is time for the threat of a civil war. I won't go on about why I consider the government out of control...but it obviously is. Remove the entire government from power, by force if we must. Tear it all down to nothing and start over from scratch. Then with the new government, put better restrictions in place. Short term limits, once you serve a term you can never again, etc. A master plan of no waste, no internal power and only what is absolutely needed. Empower the states as it was meant to be. If you don't like what the majority of a state makes their laws...move. Allow each state to be a kingdom and people can choose between them all as to where to live.

That is where we should be living...in my opinion. Living with people of similar likes and dislikes so representatives can actually represent the views of the state. No federal government dictating the laws of a state and its people.

Yeah...I know. Not possible and too many problems. But I would say that it is better than trying to force everyone to have the same beliefs, likes and dislikes. Which isn't possible. We are not united...not any more. Why continue to act like we are?

Or in other words...why live under the rules and control of people you disagree with when you can live under the rules with which you agree.
edit on 8/1/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

originally posted by: stirling
Heraldos a tool.......so is Drudge....What do we make of THAT?????

Care to expand on why Drudge is a tool? Why say that, does he link stories you are against?

Other reasons?

I find it amazing how the political left so quickly resorts to name calling and lies in order to slander anyone with opposing viewpoints.Of course in between all of these hateful,often times crude remarks the left slings at anyone who can develop a opinion of there own,they`re crying about any perceived slights directed towards them from the right,comments often times taken out of context or so vague they call them dog whistles.Supposed comments that have no apparent ill will on the surface, but hidden inside people of like mind find hidden messages of ill will directed towards the left.The hypocrisy is mind boggling!
I`m neither Republican or Democrat,I think for myself although I do lean conservative. I feel the lefts eagerness to misrepresent facts, lie about past practices and resort to name calling rather than honestly debate there positions and the ramifications there of show the weaknesses in there arguments.And yes Republicans do it too, but no where near the amount of the democrats.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's amazing how people can read so much into Matt Drudge's staff choosing links to show in an aggregation site. They don't type a word of content or news or even opinion. They just link other people's reports and stories. If the news is that bad, maybe it is the people making the news who need a closer look. Like the one complaining in this case? Geraldo is quite a pot to call other kettles out for sensationalism.

Maybe what annoys them is much simpler though. Maybe what has Geraldo and Fox in a tizzy is about money. Fox isn't #1 in everything and they can't stand that.

VISITS TO DRUDGE 8/01/14

027,307,258 PAST 24 HOURS
748,073,631 PAST 31 DAYS
9,944,816,757 PAST YEAR

Those are the Drudge traffic stats and more can be found here. I think the numbers speak for themselves on what the public uses for a quick glance at headline links around the net.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think conservatives are doing everything they can to stir their base into a frenzy.

It won't come to an outright civil war however. Most hardcore conservatives are too old to fight.

It will lead to more isolated incidents of violence. When ignorant fearful people are pumped full of propaganda some don't see any other alternative than to take matters into their own hands and commit acts of murder to solve their perceived problems.

The main aspect of all this, and I see this every day, is that the fear and hate in conservative media is robbing many of the elderly of any joy they might have in their final years. Being angry at minorities and feeling like their white tribe is losing power is causing many of them grief to the point that they will have no happiness for the rest of their lives.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Frith

I think conservatives are doing everything they can to stir their base into a frenzy.

Do you think this is what Drudge is doing? I don't think he's going for a frenzy, just focusing the spotlight on many of the ideological issues of today. He is stirring the pot though IMO and I hope he keeps it up.

Most hardcore conservatives are too old to fight.

If we look at the congress in this regard what I see is that many of the old guard GOP are 1) old and 2) not all that conservative. That's why they are having a rebellion within their ranks.

It will lead to more isolated incidents of violence.

Maybe so. When people believe they have been manipulated, backed into a corner and are heavily outgunned by say the DHS, BLM, EPA, etc, it's quite possible things at times will go sideways. Human nature I suppose.

edit on 730am3737am112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
Do you think this is what Drudge is doing? I don't think he's going for a frenzy, just focusing the spotlight on many of the ideological issues of today. He is stirring the pot though IMO and I hope he keeps it up.

Drudge, Fox News, AM radio pundits, Breitbart media, and all conservative media are doing what they can to get conservatives angry and outraged.

From the 80s until the mid 2000s people caught crossing the U.S. Mexico border averaged around 1 million a year. Today that number has dropped to about 400,000 a year. A 60 percent decline.

So why the focus and outrage now? Because its false and propaganda to keep conservatives mad.

Drudge knows his audience. They lap this stuff up.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Matt Drudge is a parasite, living off of the turmoil his slanted 'news' stories creates. His money comes from social unrest he nurtures. Scum profiting off of lies.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Matt Drudge is a parasite, living off of the turmoil his slanted 'news' stories creates. His money comes from social unrest he nurtures. Scum profiting off of lies.

That's a little harsh don't you think? Do you feel the same way about the far left sites like The Raw Story or MSNBC?

Scum profiting off lies..?? Such as pointing out stories and whoppers by politicians like "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor?"

Drudge generally doesn't write news stories, he just links to stories already published. I think you just don't like anyone shining a light on what's really going on when you'd rather not have it publicized.

edit on 803pm3636pm12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join