It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo: Matt Drudge ‘doing his best to stir up a civil war’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
For those who dislike the Drudge report you can always check out the Anti Drudge Report

It's one big Obama dem lovefest.

I don't think Drudge is one way or the other trying to skew anything, just the hits his algorithm pulls happen to be the biggest and most read stories in whatever area they are being reported from.
edit on 7/30/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

The dissemination of misinformation, hyperbolic political nonsense, and the barrage of low caliber psychological ammunition of punditry is as amusing as it is disturbing in that many of my fellow Americans will believe most every word. This is water cooler, break room kind of sludge. You know, you walk out to whatever your employer's common lounge room is called and either hear this kind of thing or repeat it yourself just to see who'll actually buy it. For a few moments after reading this article I found myself struggling to wrap my mind around who Geraldo now worked for. Can anyone remember that scene from the movie 'Prophecy' starring Christopher Walken? The one where legions of angels are at war in the clouds above? That's how I picture the legions of political pundits vying for a shot at the public's ear with their party line goo.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I dont have an issue here, only difference i see here is im not sure if drudge has an amazing mustache.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling
Only way I would call him a tool would be....tool as In a tool in obtaining reference material for thread creation when starting a thread on ATS...,Right??

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The same Geraldo who instigated Ruby Ridge*? Yeah, that ### of course he'd rally around accusing people of civil war intentions.

The media reports that Weaver had fired on the Rivera helicopter became part of the justification later cited by USMS Wayne "Duke" Smith and FBI HRT Commander Richard Rogers in drawing up the Ruby Ridge Rules of Engagement on August 21–22, 1992.
-Even shared by mainstream sources.

Yeah, sure, Drudge picks up articles that may be sensational or old then re-used as seen lately but that's nothing compared to Geraldo's psyop.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Heraldos a tool.......so is Drudge....What do we make of THAT?????

I never considered Drudge a tool, but Geraldo is a fool tool of immense proportions. Lately he has had to come to grips with the idea of the POTUS not being the guy he thought he was. To watch him soft pedal any criticism of the president is almost comical.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
For those who dislike the Drudge report you can always check out the Anti Drudge Report

It's one big Obama dem lovefest.

I don't think Drudge is one way or the other trying to skew anything, just the hits his algorithm pulls happen to be the biggest and most read stories in whatever area they are being reported from.

Wow I didn't even know that existed. Front and center disqualifies it to be taken seriously when the headline reads:

President Obama Touts Vice President Biden's Qualifications, "Joe would be a superb president"

Obama is a fantastic used car salesman but I have no clue who he could sell this to. Other than a "Sucker".

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Didn't Geraldo just admit on TV that he was a "Zionist"?
Anyways, Geraldo is a laughable joke and always has been, IMO. He's part of the problem that is destroying America. But if Drudge is driving Gerardo insane then I may have to start watching again. Civil war is highly possible but many will share the blame.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Didn't Geraldo just admit on TV that he was a "Zionist"?
Anyways, Geraldo is a laughable joke and always has been, IMO. He's part of the problem that is destroying America. But if Drudge is driving Gerardo insane then I may have to start watching again. Civil war is highly possible but many will share the blame.

Yes he did I heard it with my own two ears.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Geraldo is what happens when society tolerates Window Lickers on TV.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well then what is Drew Curtis? FARK is a news aggregate site, too. Is he a tool for posting mostly odd-ball and left slanted stories?
edit on 30-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Insert the words self absorbed right about here↓
Geraldo is what happens when society tolerates Window Lickers on TV.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

LOL I'm not sure what a window licker even is but it sounds bad so I guess we can safely assign it as a designation for Geraldo.

Thanks for the new term/descriptor Macman.

edit on 840pm4242pm22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Supper Troopers, "The snozbeerys taste like snozberrys".

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

He's just mad Drudge is setting the agenda instead of following it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I didn't know that Geraldo was still relevant or still alive even.

So that in and of itself is news to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Has Drudge called for civil war over the immigration issue? Or is that just implied in the story links he selects?

....and the simpletons salivate in agreement.

So 'aggressive coverage' of any issue is now 'stirring up' civil war? Check. Watch out people of ATS. You might make the list.

But while we are at it, should we also add to the list those who explicitly mention the possibility of civil war in the first place, just because others might not share their political views?

Just sayin'
edit on 30-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I declare War on Drudge's stupid hat and Geraldo's "Geppetto" mustache.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Has Drudge called for civil war over the immigration issue? Or is that just implied in the story links he selects?

No he hasn't called for civil war that I've heard. This is just the hysteria of someone who apparently would rather throw hyperbole around than try to help find solutions. Geraldo apparently sees the focusing of attention on real issues as a challenge to the status quo and the liberal agenda. Though I still don't see what Ebola stories have to do with it.

Mr. Rivera argued during his radio show that Mr. Drudge, founder of “the most powerful website,” is “doing his best to stir up a civil war”

edit on 963pm4343pm52014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

No, he just posts a lot of links about the tensions this issue is causing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join