Geraldo: Matt Drudge ‘doing his best to stir up a civil war’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So according to Geraldo Rivera "Matt Drudge is trying to stir up a civil war." Really now, Geraldo is reduced to counting links on the Drudgereport website.

Maybe what Drudge is doing is simply linking the stories he considers most important. Illegal immigration meltdown in the US, largest Ebola outbreak in history seem important to me. Not to Geraldo though, he seems convinced of Matt's ulterior motive, causing "civil war."

Geraldo: Matt Drudge ‘doing his best to stir up a civil war’

Fox News host Geraldo Rivera has accused conservative blogger Matt Drudge of trying to inflame conservatives and “stir up a civil war,” due to his website’s aggressive coverage of the border crisis.

“Shame on Drudge,” Mr. Rivera tweeted Wednesday morning. “His authoritative website has gone hysterical on issue of immigrant children. 14 stories like ‘Could Ebola sneak across?’”

Mr. Rivera argued during his radio show that Mr. Drudge, founder of “the most powerful website,” is “doing his best to stir up a civil war” with his headlines, Mediaite reported.

Too bad Geraldo , some of us take the border breakdown and Ebola outbreak seriously though I'm uncertain how stories of the disease will cause a US civil war. I'd suggest Geraldo is just upset about a spotlight being shown on the disgraceful way the POTUS and his administration is handling the illegal alien invasion on our southern border.

edit on 749am3030am112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Heraldos a tool.......so is Drudge....What do we make of THAT?????

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Gosh, I think Geraldo is 100% correct. Matt Drudge has lost any credibility he once had, IMO.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

LOL You've got a great point!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Al Capones vault was his greatest accomplishment.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If he is worried about someone stirring up a civil war, I think he should start speaking up about the division being created from within Washington D.C. wouldn't you think?

I guess he is showing his Progressive agenda by trying to use the ole "homegrown terrorist" term to shut down ideology that goes against his political church........

Check out this video of Geraldo talking about the airliner that was shot down in Ukraine.....keep in mind this was almost immediately after the story had broke! I'm not trying to change the topic or derail the thread to talk about Ukraine, but to show how Geraldo definitely is promoting a specific agenda. I think I'll just start calling him "Mr. Propaganda"!

edit on 30-7-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

This is coming from a guy who had a jerry springer like show and the same guy who thought he found Al Capone's secret stash. Lol.

Geraldo you are a has been time to move on.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willrobinson

I was surprised the vault wasn't filled with illegals!!!

Sensationalism vs Sensationalism.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

If he is worried about someone stirring up a civil war, I think he should start speaking up about the division being created from within Washington D.C. wouldn't you think?

I guess he is showing his Progressive agenda by trying to use the ole "homegrown terrorist" term to shut down ideology that goes against his political church........

Rivera is irrelevant any more. Nobody listens to him.

link   
a reply to: Willrobinson

And let's not forget how he tried to get our troops killed in Iraq by giving away their location.

link   
Geraldo is just upset because he has Latin genes. I don't see FAUX covering anything without their own "bought and paid for" opinion slipped in. Perhaps "Geraldine" and his fellow smoke blowers at Fox can take lessons from Drudge about real reporting that isn't corperation or state guided.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: Willrobinson

I was surprised the vault wasn't filled with illegals!!!

Sensationalism vs Sensationalism.

They are at this very moment refurbishing said vault to accommodate said illegals. Pool tables, Big screen TV's, full kitchen, etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Heraldos a tool.......so is Drudge....What do we make of THAT?????

Care to expand on why Drudge is a tool? Why say that, does he link stories you are against?

Other reasons?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yeah, guess if it's bunches of illegals protesting outside the White House with no fear of being arrested Vs. conservative news oriented people well, we certainly know which side of the "civil war" he's on.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Does anyone here actually think Drudge is sitting on his PC updating links personally? The dude wrote a script that does it for him based on an algorithm. It is just a news aggregator. Sure he is able to add terms and whatnot to search on there, but chances are it is based more on the number of hits a topic or article are receiving then pulls them in and groups them. The more these articles are in the news and similar incidents are reported the more they will pop up on his site.

Geraldo is an idiot who has never recovered from his Capone crap and tries to latch onto anything that he can get some exposure from. He doesn't seem to realize that there are so many news outlets reporting on the things on Drudge that the algorithm is simply taking the ones with the most interest and placing them on Drudge.

Maybe he should tell all MSM to quit reporting on these things. Now that would be a great test to see who uses what kind of aggregation to pull stories....wonder what would pop up on news sites world wide.
edit on 7/30/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Maybe what Drudge is doing is simply linking the stories he considers most important.

I agree with this caption above...His politics are clearly all out against the dems.., but politics aside I still think the Drudgereport continues to be the go to site for finding links to the important stories..

Thnx Bassago
edit on 30-7-2014 by wutz4tom because: wasn't clear

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What does Drudge do besides put up links to other peoples reports?

Should we blame the public library for just about everything then since it makes all those books available?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Geraldo aka Magnum PI.
who listens to him?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

What does Drudge do besides put up links to other peoples reports?

Should we blame the public library for just about everything then since it makes all those books available?

That's pretty much my take on his site as well. Which exactly why I keep links to left leaning sites as well.

Now the library issue!!!! Heavens those things lead to all kinds of agitating documents. Why I could probably even find a copy of the "Constitution."

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it is Obama who is trying to stir up a civil war. He is sanctioning an invasion of our country with his flood of illegals.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join