It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Ebola risks rising Feds "may close" govt. offices during next weeks African conference.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Stunning...and isn't this how most horror movies (and think the FX "The Strain) begin by REASSURING THE MASSES everything is under control, precautions are being taken, NOTHING to worry about, go about with YOUR daily life...but we MAY protect OUR government workers...the rest of you...keep on keeping on.

I have to ask (this IS a conspiracy site!) WHY they don't just CANCEL next weeks African Summit in Washington, and keep ALL attendees on their home soil! Would that not be the ULTIMATE procaution?

Question WHY they would let this go "on" with CONFIRMED cases of Ebola HAVING LEFT the African continent. Why the green light, all systems go (hey nothing to worry about, but the "govt elites" may get to stay home -- just in case).

CANCEL THE SUMMIT! CANCEL IT NOW.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...
edit on 30/7/14 by JAK because: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps Thank you.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

It is a head-scratcher. Why close down the government instead of stopping all flights from Africa? S&F

The Obama administration is urging federal employees to stay home during the summit of African leaders being held in Washington, D.C. next week and to monitor local news for announcement of a possible “closing of the federal government” —ostensibly over traffic issues.

At the same time the administration said the federal government is taking no “additional precautions” to deal with the potential spread of the Ebola virus by those attending the summit.

So we've got a Sh&*tload of Africans coming to DC next week for a summit? AmIREADINGThis right?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Question WHY they would let this go "on" with CONFIRMED cases of Ebola HAVING LEFT the African continent.

If you have a link to back that statement, I'd dearly love to see it.

As to letting this "go on", thats why they call them plagues.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So the US Gov't is talking about closing our government down while this African leader summit is on ... because of 'traffic issues'?? Is this standard policy to close our government down during summits because of traffic issues'???

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 7/30/2014 by FlyersFan because: forgot word

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

How about ANY terrorist group that hates the US using our open southern border to smuggle in a few of the infected???

Who needs bombs right?

My head is about to explode trying to figure out the thought process of our so called government.......

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Damn you FF, why'd you go and read the article and ruin all the fun?

It's a traffic issue, not ebola as is evidenced in the one two punch in the article that, apparently, very few people actually read:.

1. gov't workers should stay home to avoid traffic snarls.
2. no, the gov't isn't doing anything to protect against the spread of ebola as a result of the attendees to the conference.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The following link involves a woman in Hong Kong and a man who past thru England.

Global authorities on alert over Ebola outbreak
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I am limited in research time (at work) but just a cursory review of Google shows NOTHING (other than bad wx events) closing down government workers in metro DC. I cannot find any info (again time limited) to state the number of Summit attendees (thousands? Tens of thousands?) how much "extra" visitors would it take to snarl DC so badly?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

With my tinfoil bonnet neatly tied, I too question WHY NOT CANCEL THE SUMMIT and close US AIRPORTS to planes coming from countries affected?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That link says couple people "exhibit symptoms" but doesn't confirm it in any other country (yet).

From the bottom of USA Today link you provided:

In Hong Kong, China' state-run media group CCTV News reported that a female patient with suspected Ebola symptoms had been isolated for treatment in the city. However, the South China Morning Post reported that the woman who had been on vacation in Kenya subsequently tested negative for the disease.

Early Ebola symptoms emulate many other things. Lets not jump the gun?
edit on 30-7-2014 by intrptr because: additional, spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

It is a head-scratcher. Why close down the government instead of stopping all flights from Africa? S&F

The Obama administration is urging federal employees to stay home during the summit of African leaders being held in Washington, D.C. next week and to monitor local news for announcement of a possible “closing of the federal government” —ostensibly over traffic issues.

At the same time the administration said the federal government is taking no “additional precautions” to deal with the potential spread of the Ebola virus by those attending the summit.

So we've got a Sh&*tload of Africans coming to DC next week for a summit? AmIREADINGThis right?

Why are they having their summit in Washington, DC if no Federal Gov't employees are needed in attendance anyway? Why not pick a spot on their own continent that is central to all parties needing to attend?

Of course I wouldn't even care about that question/answer were it not for Ebola concerns. This Ebola threat to human life is what brought it to mind. Why take the risk, when government officials in the US are 'urged to stay home' (hence, not needed at the conference.) Why not urge the African leaders to stay home instead???
edit on 7/30/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So the US Gov't is talking about closing our government down while this African leader summit is on ... because of 'traffic issues'?? Is this standard policy to close our government down during summits because of traffic issues'???

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I know I have never heard of such a thing. And here is another concern I stumbled on when I looked for info on the African Summit:

The Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders is the exchange program of the President’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). This program brings over 500 young leaders to the United States each year, beginning in 2014, for leadership training, academic coursework, and mentoring.

Source
According to the video halfway down the page, they are just being welcomed on July 28, 2014. Yep, 500 folks from all over Africa right in the middle of an Ebola outbreak on their continent.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
After reading about all this plague this week, I feel the conference should be canceled until next year. That is a practical answer. Sometimes plans have to be canceled and changed. This is one of those events. Anyone with any sense and brains would realize this.
My husband has a friend in Kentucky who knows one of the sick American Doctors. He is asking everyone on his face book to pray for the doctor. It is a very small world. We should all be concerned and put our foot down. No more handshaking either, for now.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
Stunning...and isn't this how most horror movies (and think the FX "The Strain) begin

Not to feed into the fear but, in most near-future disaster/horror flicks, the US president is black.

Life imitating art?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Given some of the things we see in government today that seem bent on destroying America in many carefully selected ways, why would they not allow this event to take place? After all what's the harm? It must go on for the sake of PC. And if anyone complains thatt this particular crowd should not be coming at this time then, oh, god! It's racism!!!

Uh, no, it's geography.

edit on 30-7-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wonder if this was the plan all along. It seems we are bombarded with lots of zombies and outbreak movies and TV shows. Almost like they're trying to condition the masses to prepare us for the worst case scenario. That way we wont be so surprised when we see a crowd with full blown "rage" virus running after us down the street. Scary scenario (although unlikely, i know). I just hope that this virus doesn't become airborne at any point.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Cuervo

Given some of the things we see in government today that seem bent on destroying America in many carefully selected ways, why would they not allow this event to take place? After all what's the harm? It must go on for the sake of PC. And if anyone complains thatt this particular crowd should not be coming at this time then, oh, god! It's racism!!!

Uh, no, it's geography.

I wasn't really trying to make a social statement on racism, just a commentary on film tropes.

I remember before I voted for Obama, I joked about how it would lead to a sci-fi event if I did since the presidents are always black in the future. Or Bill Pullman.

top topics

join