It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antidepressants dulling intuition and psychic/spiritual energy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I was prescribed antidepressants recently, and I feel much less depressed.

The shame is that I no longer feel like I can 'see', so to speak. I used to be able to tell things were going to happen. Little things, like when someone was going to call, before it happened. Dreams containing elements of things that would later happen, that sort of thing.

But after being put on the medication, I can't seem to get in touch with my spiritual energy, nor my creative energy. I find writing stories, creating characters, and getting inside their heads to be difficult.

See, the way I always used to write, I would create sort of a thought-form, almost a mind of it's own for the character I wrote about, but now I can't seem to do such a thing. It's very frustrating.

Am I just crazy, or has anyone experienced such a thing? I would appreciate if we kept the topic of discussion limited to what I've spoken about, and not the other side effects. I know, I know, some people go nuts and kill themselves or others on the stuff, but it's a very small minority.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had sort of a dampening of spirit on such medication as I have had?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grifter42

Take a number and join the line.

I'm not to familiar with the science behind these anti depressants but I also have felt it's effects. They wither away free will and independent thought and the scariest part is you aren't aware of it.

However these drugs can help, no doubt about it. But If you feel they are stifling you in any way consult your doctor, he or she might be able to recommend alternatives.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
other meds do the same thing
beta blockers
alpha blockers
anti epileptic drugs - the list goes on

- I take alpha blockers for high blood pressure and things are better than wth beta blockers, also some of these chemicals cannot filtered out and remain in the eco-system thus having an effect on even more spiritual people

try working out and plenty of fruit, you get a great lift and its good for the whole system inside, outside and beyond
edit on 30-7-2014 by countingdown because: naff keyboard

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have recently started antidepressants as well. With the dreams, I have started to remember them again. In terms of the intuition it still seams about the same. I do feel and think more positive about things, makes a big difference to general well being. I guess some things are a little different, but it is quite subtle being on antidepressants. I expect as with out drugs in the past, the longer you are on them the more normal things get.

If you are concerned about your spiritual and creative energy you can try looking at treatments that help with the pineal gland. Do also talk to your doctor about it as there are many different types of antidepressants around and finding the right one does make a difference.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Since I do not know what medication you are on and cannot know how it will effect your psyche or body I cannot give you any answer.

When I had my first supernatural experience then the medication they put me on did not make any big difference from my point of view but I a man with 100-110 kg so maybe the dosage was to low for me to get those effects that you are having.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I managed to write something! Neat!

Got a thousand words down on paper. A nice tight little horror story that's a bit too foul in language to post here.

Awesome. That was fun.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Excellent!
Its a struggle that may just get easier with exercise.....I remember my sister got on paxil after her daughter was killed.....she actually got right chatty which is not her usual self ....tho shes been on it so long it seems normal now.....
Since the accident...(decades ago now)....shes been volunteering palliative care at the local hospital every day nearly.....
Its amazing how she can brighten up these peoples remaining days....yet isn't that some form of denial?
Im not sure really if its brave or self destructive ,foolhardy behavior....
Drepression, is an insidious condition....but I am not sure that drugs can cure it without some actual spirit/mind work on the part of the sufferer.....
I tend to go with Terrence Mc Kenna on this issue....
edit on 30-7-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've felt the same way while on fluoxetine... i have all these great ideas and want to make them happen, but i just can't implement them.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I have been taking Celexa for about four years now. I find now that I have gotten back to my hobby of singing/performing with a chorus, I feel my creative juices returning. I think having a hobby where you can engage your right brain helps you to be in tune, so to speak.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just last week I took myself off yet another antidepressant. No matter what I seem to try, they just make me feel too out of it. I'm staying on my anxiety pill though. People react differently to different meds. It is always trial and error.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would really like to know your medication type as I just recently switched medications and I am having an impossible time thinking clearly... which is bad news for the semester about to start.

I used to be on Wellbutrin for about two and a half years. and it is likely that what I'm experiencing now are just withdrawal effects from that. I really liked wellbutrin and I highly recommend it... I did not experience any of this downside that you are now complaining of.

I am now using stablon, which without a doubt brightens my mood significantly. but the best thinking that I can do consists of hitting the refresh button on ATS Recent topics. I also started taking Blood pressure pills at the same time And I hadn't considered that those were at fault, so thanks to the poster that suggested those as the culprit.

i may end up just using this as a short break from the Wellbut and resuming that in a few weeks.

good luck with that and I would be happy to hear other reports on this issue as my thinking processes are very similar to what you have described, and are critical to my success as a student.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Before you discount this, due to my son, and his experiences, its rather important we find one that works. His first one, he's only taken for a few days, and so far he hasn't noticed much of a change. He doesn't sleep at night, often falls asleep at 4-5 am. Its very difficult to deal with for him, and his weight loss. So we're trying to get him straightened though I don't believe in those kind of meds.

So we're about to embark on this journey with him. And may need to change his meds. But...there are other things that get you in touch with your inner source.

1. Sungazing, not necessarily actually doing it. But barefoot or in natural moccasins not rubber soles, just let it in the corner of your eyes, head tilted up, for like 15 minutes and get enough sun each day to fire off you vitamin D, so 30 minutes, to an hour if you can, on off times, not between 10 30-3 30, the harsh time.

2. hemi sync. Monroe institute has its waves right on youtube now.

But I found this very nice. Not as jarring as some.

Tibetan Flute Music for Buddhist Meditation, Deep Sleep and Quiet Mind

Sudha & Maneesh de Moor - Sharanam - Om Bhagavan (1 hour)

Hemi-Sync Alfa Synchro Theta II (7HZ-4HZ)7HZ

Tibetan flutes and harps, soothing and hemi sync theta.

Also melatonin at night before sleep might be ok to try if there is no health reason not to.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Drugs are baAad, mmkaaayy ! !! ! !!!

All I know is that the three antidepressants I tried over a decade ago gave me serious side effects. I couldn't even last 72hrs on any of them.

Now am taking Aniracetam. I like it cause it not only gives me a cognitive boost, but also improves the mood and eases anxiety more than the other racetams. No downsides to it yet, but am only 4 days into it so far.

Not sure what to say, except... you got a funky mind, and these are all experimental drugs. They affect everyone differently. It seems a good chunk of people who take antidepressants have nasty side-effcts. Some people perhaps only benefits. You maybe go midway into it. Not so good, not too terrible.

Also maybe wait it out. I would have, if I didn't feel like I was gonna die taking another dose. Yes, they messed with me that much. When I reported back to the doc that my blood pressure and pulse were sky high, he said, "that's common with this prescription, it'll pass after a week or two"... WTF?? Not okay, and I should have been told beforehand.
edit on 30-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Roman 8:28

they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
Mark 16:18

I wouldn't worry about it. Medical community still uses the snake logos and Gods above religions, science, and philosophy. Just a fact.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've been through a scope of antidepressants over the years and one of my main complaints had always been the lack of energy and lack of creativity....as an artist, I simply couldn't deal with that particular side-effect for very long...it actually made my symptoms seem worse because a large chunk of my life had been stifled, and led to a different kind of depression.

I spoke with my doctors about it, and was fortunate they understood my concerns about the medications I was on at the time. I'm on a mood stabilizer now, and finding new ways to cope with the depression aspect....positive music and meditation, exercise and a healthy diet has done wonders. I still struggle on occasion with lack of creativity, but the Muse is sometimes fickle like that.

I wish you the best of luck in finding your personal balance.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It seems a lot of people are turning to Pill's in order to cope with Life. Having said this, lets begin.

Seen so many friends, even my room mate who might as well start her own factory! Other then a small few, 4 out of 25 actually need them! Now having known the other 21. All seem to be worst then they were before! Yet not one wants to Talk about whats troubling them, or manly the Blame goes towards Others and almost never their Part in it all!

My dog has gone Coo Coo, room mate is God Knows Where; since she can't even remember what happened yesterday and just gave up on her dog she has had for over 13+ yrs! Normal people do not just Give The Hell Up! Meaning not taking anything to ease said Pains Of Life!

As I see it, Might as well just put them on every corner anyways! Dr's give them out like candy, explain how most I know can go in and 20 min's later have a percription? Straight to the good stuff, Paxcil, Zoloff even! Won't go into who has done themselves or others; messed up really!

Nothing in ones Life can be That Bad! Unless one does Nothing about it Themselves first. Should have, could have, Is long gone! Yet one still Has Today to change it! When you take the time to write things down and pay attention, you will find out Who is running your life, playing with it or just does not like you. never taking the time to allow them Feelings to Stay There and show you something one is hiding from!

Explains why people have this Lack Of Sleep we hear about everyday! Then when one uses said pill to sleep; dreams Tell It Like It Is Don't They?, it bypasses that rem sleepmode so one does not dream as much. Let me share something with you, since You Are Your Best Friend, next comes the daily Issues, only highlighted! One can not Hide, Period! So some go see the Doc again and get other pills to fight that mode so now 2 areas of your mind are being Blocked!

Depression is Normal since it allows one to Learn something! Not only Can you do it, You just Need Too Yourself! What good is having 500 friends who are all on Pills not taking Care of their Own Lives? Now, would you Want any Advice from them? Plus dealing with the moods, rudeness and straight out coldness why would you?

# Happens! We are lead to believe that Life is full of roses, pretty things and toys if one is to be Happy. Yet one discounts the very Power of what Live has to Offer You. To Learn to Use Ones Own Power In their Lives! Thats why depression happens, you gave up your power to another and feel deep down inside you know this to be true!

Why Keep Lying 2 Yourself? Simple form is hiding from Change, period! Either you or Life will Make that Change no matter What so might at least work things out VS. Life tossing you a Hard Ball and never seen it Coming! Either be a Part of it or Left out, your Choice.

Meds seem to make matters worst, cause many other problems down the line and some just ........................!

Sorry if I sounded so Cold! Truth Always Is!

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754

You sure seem to like to capitalize random words. It's rather strange.

To answer another person's question, I'm on sertraline.

It's got it's pros and cons. The muscle rigidity isn't very fun, but it works pretty well.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In the past 8 years I have tried about 10 different brands of antidepressants. The best advice I can give you is that antidepressants should not make you feel different (aside from being depressed), you should feel normal. If you don't feel normal you should ask to switch medications. Or maybe an herb, I heard St. Johns Wort is good. As with all meds take precaution, educate yourself and ask your doctor.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Pharmaceuticals dampen my intuition and creativity, I stay away from them.

I got over depression by using Vit C, Nascent Iodine, Lugol's + Magnesium Oil.

I also avoided sugars, cheap oils, fied foods, and other endocrine disruptors.

I have no medical tests, but I'm sure I have 5 times the serotonin I had a few years ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Lol the third video makes me sing.
. Very nice video.

Namaste

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join