It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Warned Israel SEVENTEEN TIMES That School Was a Refugee Camp - 16 People Murdered

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Germans aren't/weren't the monsters most people think they are/were.

Allies aren't/weren't the saints and saviors most people think they are/were.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am sorry, I did destroy the original post, as is self-evident for any thinking person. Thanks for playing.

As to your second point, you simply demonstrate that the UN Isn't "anti-Israel." The UN helped set up Israel. However, Israel has NOT complied with many of the resolutions by the UN, like returning land from the 1967 war. Or ceasing all new settlements. And just to remind you, Israel is a signatory to the UN Charter. Hence it is obliged to listen to resolutions per international law. Sorry that you guys hate being held accountable to the very agreements that Israel signed. It's called "keeping your word" and "following international law." Perhaps you could do with a little bit more international affairs knowledge than Fox News talking points.

Thanks for playing again.

originally posted by: VashKonnor
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

You just used not only a straw man argument but also a current propaganda technique.

I'm nearly peeing myself laughing at the irony of that sentence...

In trying to deflect away from the fact that most Palestinians have lost the land that their grandfathers were living on, a verifiable and credible complaint, you instead use the straw man that we are claiming that Israel should not exist and all JEws should be expelled. Please.. Don't try that on smart people. It won't work.

I think you need to get back to preschool and learn something as basic as sarcasm.

BTW, the UN you stroke so gently, was the organization that said Israel could exist where it does. Israel was attacked the very next day by a coalition of arab nations. Funny how that works, eh?

And Israel did comply with multiple UN resolutions since 1947. It was exactly because they obeyed UN and got kicked in the nuts by organizations like Hamas that they stopped following them... They did nothing for them or peace.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
What is bizarre is that the very people who claim to be extremely religious and follow Jesus seem to care the least for the poor, justice, and are all about war.

Jews are not Christian. In fact some / most them are the opposite. They believe in the Talmud, is like the Holy bible for them.

In the Talmud non-Jews are considered beasts.

take a look to wiki

Accusations against the Talmud include alleged:
1 Anti-Christian or anti-Gentile content;
2 Absurd or sexually immoral content;
3 Falsification of scripture.

edit on 30/7/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SUBKONCIOUS
Absolutely appalling... It blows my mind they get away with this sort of thing.. What kind of precedent does this set in place? And the UN might as well be guilty too. Is this not exactly the type of thing that they were formed to intervene upon?

It is. But what can the UN do? No matter what the UN decide about Israel, the US just veto it. Every. Single. Time.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The original poster began bashing the "leftists" new to ATS supposedly.

Generally, in the US right wingers are mostly Christian, with exceptions of course. Although in other countries, the right wingers become the majority traditional religion: Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, etc.

Also, most Jews I know are pretty liberal, meaning "cultural jews." Very few are truly orthodox. I'd say far more Christians I know are orthodox than Jews now days. So probably most Jews I know don't follow the Torah nor the Talmud. In fact, one of my best friends Jeff who is a super liberal Jew was horrified when I showed him the genocide in the Old Testament.

originally posted by: voyger2

What is bizarre is that the very people who claim to be extremely religious and follow Jesus seem to care the least for the poor, justice, and are all about war.

Jews are not Christian. In fact some / most them are the opposite. They believe in the Talmud, is like the Holy bible for them.

In the Talmud non-Jews are considered beasts.

take a look to wiki

Accusations against the Talmud include alleged:
1 Anti-Christian or anti-Gentile content;
2 Absurd or sexually immoral content;
3 Falsification of scripture.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka

Absolutely appalling... It blows my mind they get away with this sort of thing.. What kind of precedent does this set in place? And the UN might as well be guilty too. Is this not exactly the type of thing that they were formed to intervene upon?

It is. But what can the UN do? No matter what the UN decide about Israel, the US just veto it. Every. Single. Time.

Exactly, and only UN Security Council resolutions are binding. When you combine that fact with the US being able to veto all SC resolutions, it explains the non-action.

The US actually is the primary vetoer out of all of the permanent-five. Russia does it often too.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

List of UN resolutions on Israel, good, neutral, and negative

This is important to look at for anyone interested in the conflict.

originally posted by: merka

Exactly, and only UN Security Council resolutions are binding. When you combine that fact with the US being able to veto all SC resolutions, it explains the non-action.

The US actually is the primary vetoer out of all of the permanent-five. Russia does it too often.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed
If they had warned them 18 times maybe you'd have an argument but 17 warnings leaves too much to chance.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am sorry, I did destroy the original post, as is self-evident for any thinking person. Thanks for playing.

I don't understand what you mean. Are you proclaiming some sort of...victory? If yes, it's quite pathetic.

However, Israel has NOT complied with many of the resolutions by the UN, like returning land from the 1967 war.

...and you, by mentioning that and not mentioning the reason why Israel didn't release the territory, is proof how ignorant you are about the whole thing. And it's not "1967 war". It's called the Six-Day war. Or do you call WW2 "the 1939 war"?...

And just to remind you, Israel is a signatory to the UN Charter. Hence it is obliged to listen to resolutions per international law.

You try to put forward this idea that you actually understand what you are saying, when you do not. At all... And anyone educated on the matter can call your bluff.

Israel did obey a lot of UN resolutions, did put down arms more often than it's enemies and did try time and time again to reach peace with Palestine. What people like you don't understand, and you don't even know about it, is that during the Cold War the Soviet Union was constantly giving false information to countries surrounding Israel.

The Six-Day war (or "1967 war" like an expert like yourself calls it) is even believed to have been started on false Soviet intel given to Syria and Egypt.

You see, while you sheeps keep farting the "Israel is murder" chants, you fail to understand that during the whole existence of their country they have been cursed, attacked, insulted and chased. These are the same people that just wanted peace after having many relatives murdered in WW2 by the Nazis.

Yet you only need to read this thread to see inhumane accusations of them being nazis and whatever.

Sorry that you guys hate being held accountable to the very agreements that Israel signed.

"You guys"? What? You think you know me?

If Israel signed them, they weren't the only ones signing them. Where are the idiots like you asking Palestine political groups to be accountable for not fulfilling their part?

It's called "keeping your word" and "following international law."

You don't even know what international law means, or what it is. Stop trying to be a beacon of liberty for all interwebz to see...

Perhaps you could do with a little bit more international affairs knowledge than Fox News talking points

I'm not American you fool... I couldn't care less for your means of dumbification. Since Fox News is the channel you mentioned, I'm assuming it's also the one you watch, since you are projecting it onto me.

Maybe you should stop watching that crap. You clearly show signs of being disconnected from reality.

People die in both sides, and to idiots like you, this is just a game. Spreading stupidity so that you can look good on a forum... You are a fool. A modern day fool.

Someday you will wake up, wash your face, and realize you have been doing nothing but to spread BS at the cost of the suffering of a lot of people. That will be enough punishment for ignorant people like yourself.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
If israel wanted to genocide all the Palestinians it would take all of an hour or less.
And im damn sure Israelis want rockets to stop hitting their neighborhoods.
Maybe the "refugee center un schools" shouldnt double as rocket launch pads and weapon depots

this line of reasoning is straight up retarded
sure israel could drop the charade and just start openly exterminating palestinians
and if they do so the rest of the islamic world will roll over them and erase any trace they ever existed
and the israeli leadership knows that and so maintains a facade of legitimacy

at this point its starting to look like the better long term strategic option would be to let israel sleep in the bed its made and then after they have suffered the consequences of their actions swoop in with a peacekeeping team to occupy and rebuild the area
in this way the land is retained for the forces who have seen it necessary strategically and at the same time removed a violent and destabilizing element in the region
(however israel has nuclear weapons and would not hesitate to use them to spite the rest of the world if support dried up)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashKonnor

I don't understand what you mean. Are you proclaiming some sort of...victory? If yes, it's quite pathetic.

No, the original post used an obvious bullsh%t straw man argument and propaganda technique, manipulating the discussion away from loss of some land of the Palestinians into a claim that we all want Israel to disappear. Clearly junk and manipulative. I have no time for manipulative and deceitful people.

However, Israel has NOT complied with many of the resolutions by the UN, like returning land from the 1967 war.

...and you, by mentioning that and not mentioning the reason why Israel didn't release the territory, is proof how ignorant you are about the whole thing. And it's not "1967 war". It's called the Six-Day war. Or do you call WW2 "the 1939 war"?...

Semantics.

And just to remind you, Israel is a signatory to the UN Charter. Hence it is obliged to listen to resolutions per international law.

You try to put forward this idea that you actually understand what you are saying, when you do not. At all... And anyone educated on the matter can call your bluff.

Israel did obey a lot of UN resolutions, did put down arms more often than it's enemies and did try time and time again to reach peace with Palestine. What people like you don't understand, and you don't even know about it, is that during the Cold War the Soviet Union was constantly giving false information to countries surrounding Israel.

The Six-Day war (or "1967 war" like an expert like yourself calls it) is even believed to have been started on false Soviet intel given to Syria and Egypt.

You see, while you sheeps keep farting the "Israel is murder" chants, you fail to understand that during the whole existence of their country they have been cursed, attacked, insulted and chased. These are the same people that just wanted peace after having many relatives murdered in WW2 by the Nazis.

Yet you only need to read this thread to see inhumane accusations of them being nazis and whatever.

Sorry that you guys hate being held accountable to the very agreements that Israel signed.

"You guys"? What? You think you know me?

If Israel signed them, they weren't the only ones signing them. Where are the idiots like you asking Palestine political groups to be accountable for not fulfilling their part?

Ummmm. Israel and the US have been blocking the Palestinian political groups from recognition at the UN. So unfortunately, they are not signatories to the UN Charter. Israel is.

It's called "keeping your word" and "following international law."

You don't even know what international law means, or what it is. Stop trying to be a beacon of liberty for all interwebz to see...

Perhaps you could do with a little bit more international affairs knowledge than Fox News talking points

I'm not American you fool... I couldn't care less for your means of dumbification. Since Fox News is the channel you mentioned, I'm assuming it's also the one you watch, since you are projecting it onto me.

Maybe you should stop watching that crap. You clearly show signs of being disconnected from reality.

People die in both sides, and to idiots like you, this is just a game. Spreading stupidity so that you can look good on a forum... You are a fool. A modern day fool.

Someday you will wake up, wash your face, and realize you have been doing nothing but to spread BS at the cost of the suffering of a lot of people. That will be enough punishment for ignorant people like yourself.

People like you justify war crimes on the part of Israel, trying to create a false equivalency between 40 mostly Israeli soldiers dying and 1000 mostly Palestinian civilians dying. You are the old guard. You are the outdated conservative colonial thinkers who can justify or sheepishly go along with mass murder and justify it because it is some dehumanized out group, or because the media told you it is okay. This is all studied in social psychology studies.

I am not going to continue to debate with you because you can't even admit that the post i was replying to was a complete straw man and manipulative tactic, to which I fairly shut down. You also are trying to use the ancient victimhood argument in order to justify massive civilian deaths on the part of the Palestinians. This isn't war. This is war crimes. Jews have been the victim of oppression in the past. Jews don't = Israel. Right now Israel is oppressing the Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It is time to bring Israel to justice.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mattsawaufo
If they had warned them 18 times maybe you'd have an argument but 17 warnings leaves too much to chance.

It appears that for every time you warn them they target the same amount of civilians in an attack... Oh what you warned us 17 times. Why I'll show you what 17 warnings looks like.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Gaza: nothing more shameful than attacking sleeping children, says Ban Ki-moon

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 30-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

People like you justify war crimes on the part of Israel, trying to create a false equivalency between 40 mostly Israeli soldiers dying and 1000 mostly Palestinian civilians die.

I don't justify war crimes. If they are being committed, then there are plenty of organizations that could bring Israel up to court. It's not my place to judge that.

Regarding the casualties, the only reason why so few Israelis die is due to their effort to defense, which has become increasingly better through time, culminating in them having rocket defense systems and all that.

What kids like you don't remember are things like suicide bombings and constant bus bombings. Not so long ago, you couldn't travel inside Israel without the doubt of "is this today this bus is going to blow up?".

You moan about strawman arguments, but all you do all day long is to appeal to this emotional and humane side of the subject, so that you can disguise reason and logic with emotional crap.

Israel grew tired of giving Palestine political leaders their chances. They got rough with time. I don't support it, but I don't pretend I don't understand it. I would demand the same thing if my country was constantly attacked by people who want nothing with peace.

Besides, Palestinians die because it's handy for several groups that they die. Gives their propaganda strength, the same propaganda people like yourself munch on all day long. Not a single arab nation tries to give them shelter or support them, yet they paint themselves as these great friends of Palestine, especially during their own elections.

Doesn't take make you question "why?"? Doesn't that raise doubts in your mind? How nobody gives a f# about Palestine yet everyone is interested in judging Israel?

Doesn't it make you question how Palestine is aided by their arab peers just enough so that they can exist, but never enough so they can defend themselves?...

Palestine is a sacrificial lamb for the leaders that pray on the Palestine cause as a means to attack Israel and the West. These are the same people who tell their youth that it's "okay" to strap a bomb across your chest and blow yourself up in revenge.

You think they care to send the whole Palestine into the path of Israeli bombs? You are delusional if you do...

You are the old guard.

I'm neither old nor a guard.

You are the outdated conservative colonial thinkers who can justify or sheepishly go along with mass murder and justify it because it is some dehumanized out group, or because the media told you it is okay.

Huh... I hate colonial philosophies, and it's exactly colonial thinking that started this whole mess. You would know what I mean if you knew about the history of the creation of Israel.

But you don't, so it's pointless.

Other than that, you are just putting insults together, trying to hit a nerve. You fail miserably.

This is all studied in social psychology studies.

Now you are a psychology expert? If it amounts to the same expertise you had with the "1967 war" then it's pretty much hot-air.

I am not going to continue to debate with you because you can't even admit that the original post was a complete straw man and manipulative tactic

You aren't going to continue because you can't keep up. And I won't admit to something that you just made up and keep parroting because you see more intelligent members saying those things.

It's quite sad to see you use an expression without understanding the meaning of it.

You also are trying to use the ancient victimhood argument in order to justify massive civilian deaths on the part of the Palestinians.

I'm not the one portraying as victims the same people who can't keep their own cease-fires.

Funny how 100,000+ Syrians can seek refuge in other parts of the Middle East but 1000 Palestinians can't leave Gaza.

Why don't you wonder about that instead of trying to come up with cute forum comebacks?

This isn't war. This is war crimes.

Of course not. Hamas couldn't handle a conventional war. They need to use Palestinians as cannon meat and tunnels as weapons. Can you imagine how many shelters and houses for Palestinians they could build using the same materials they so eagerly used to make tunnels? Let's not even mention the man power that was put into attacking Israel, that was never used to improve the living conditions of the Palestinians.

War crimes are what they have been doing for decades. And they still do it. In case you don't know, storing ammunition and weapons inside a neutral-ground is a war crime. As it is many of the things Hamas has been doing...

But I guess you and your enlighten pals aren't going to go after that.

You are so concerned with making Israel the bad boy, that you don't even care about what happens inside Palestine. Actually, nobody gives a crap about Palestine. And that is what saddens me the most, right after the ignorance of people like you.

Jews have been the victim of oppression in the past. Jews don't = Israel. Right now Israel is oppressing the Palestinians.

They have been victims of oppression for thousands of years. And you know why "Jews don't = Israel" ? Because the state of Israel is actually open to people from all religions. Care to guess the one's that aren't?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: R_Clark
Sorry, Hamas tactics have been to store weaponry in UN locations and schools... Defending yourself from these type of fighters is a dirty business.... take a look at Hamas.... take a look at ISIS...

I guess your solution is to shower them with rose water?

and... stop using caps in your title... crass and vacant...

Hamas are wrong and if guilty of war crimes you haul them in front of a war crimes court. This ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE ACTION BY THE ISREALIS. If you can't work out why then I suggest you read a history book on the actions of occupying forces.

No, let me guess, you expect a mother with a baby in her arms to go up to an armed fighter and "demand" he lays down his arms.....like that works. Only morons would think that that does !

Did the UK government bomb the crap out of Dublin due to the IRA building bombs in the republic and blowing up UK civilians ? NO, but according to your logic we should have.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I am amazed how polarized the discussion quickly becomes, we each come to the discussion about who we think is right or wrong based on the loose information presented by various media outlets. We should consider discussing the article and the issues with personal opinion aside, review the facts and then come to a conclusion of the acts and action each side can be verified making on a case by case situation.

With that being said, evidence shows Israel was warned it was a UN sanctuary, it is also said they warned Israel 17 times, we also know Israel had in fact bombed a school used by the UN for parents and children who were instructed by Israel to flee their homes.

Based on this information that has been verified Israel committed a grave crime against humanity and the Palestinians.

Untill Israel can prove both locations of weapons, and their lack of accurate targeting systems, I have to take the stance that in this particular circumstance Israel had no regard for the preservation of human life.

Do not assume that in this response that I take one side or another as a whole, both parties should be held responsible for their acts. Regretfully the group responsible to intervene is apperantly also guilty of not taking action I.E. UN.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VashKonnor

Funny how 100,000+ Syrians can seek refuge in other parts of the Middle East but 1000 Palestinians can't leave Gaza.

Jon stew as an answer for that:
youtu.be...

Hamas couldn't handle a conventional war. They need to use Palestinians as cannon meat and tunnels as weapons. Can you imagine how many shelters and houses for Palestinians they could build using the same materials they so eagerly used to make tunnels? Let's not even mention the man power that was put into attacking Israel, that was never used to improve the living conditions of the Palestinians.

Sorry to p**s on your bonfire but Israel was created by an ethnic cleansing of Palestine, and that it committed numerous massacres way before Hamas was even born.

By the way:

Ron Paul - Israel Created Hamas

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
750 U.S. citizens are fighting for the IDF right now.

3 Billion a year in military aid.

And now, days after pushing for a ceasefire, the U.S. is resupplying the Israeli's with grenades and mortar rounds.

This blood is on our hands. U.S. representatives continually put Israeli interests ahead ours, Israeli security ahead of our own.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VashKonnor

Bravo, sir! Intellectual smackdowns like that need to be administered more often in these rabid anti-Israel threads. Who'd have thought an understanding of history and current events could outclass pretentious ignorance?

The anti-Israel crowd leans heavily on the purported death tolls from each side, using the disproportionate numbers for moronic claims of genocide on the part of Israel. How about we compare the number of attempted attacks? Rocket launches, bus bombings, air strikes, naval bombardments -- everything from both sides over the past decade.

Those numbers might give us an idea of how many innocent Israelis would be dead today, if the Israeli government had failed to protect its people. You know, like the Palestinian 'government' fails to protect *cough--sacrifices--cough* its own people.

Methinks it would also reveal that the most of the aggression in this conflict comes from one side, and it's not Israel.
edit on 30-7-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join