It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Alert Off Topic Posts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
- or we could just be grown ups and ignore what doesn't interest us or seem relevant.

sigh, sorry about that. Yes, it is policy here and I try to respect it. But I guess I have moments of feeling a bit fed up with the whining for more protection from the big bad words.

I have had posts taken out as off topic because someone did not recognize what I was getting at, and I felt my point was very relevant. No system is infallible. Too much control can also stifle creativity and growth.
Not enough can result in chaotic mess, like cancer.
I continually find this site to have the most balance I have seen on the web.

You should try setting up your own forum discussion boards and run it however you would like and observe the effects!
It's an interesting experiment.....

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
You should try setting up your own forum discussion boards and run it however you would like and observe the effects!
It's an interesting experiment.....

Actually my OP was asking for clarification of how ATS intends this forum to be run.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose

All alerts are read and considered. Not all actions taken are transparent to the membership. There are a variety of things that can transpire between staff and a member that won't be apparent to everyone else.

If you desire more feedback than is readily apparent, you can always submit an inquiry via the Suggestion/Complaint function. I think you're attempting to read too much into things. Alert on a post, we'll take it from there. Continue to participate in a T&C compliant fashion as you normally would. Everything else will take care of itself.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

All alerts are read and considered.

Can an alert be read and considered, and then dismissed by a single mod?

A certain post gnaws at me by virtue of it being deemed acceptable(?) by staff (plural ?). I don't care so much about the post itself, it's about the integrity of the process.

Can I send you a link to the post that I alerted?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Can an alert be read and considered, and then dismissed by a single mod?

No.

Can I send you a link to the post that I alerted?

Save a step. Send it to the staff. That's what I'd do with it eventually if you sent it to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join