It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is god a thing of the past?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel

Originally posted by ninki
im am talking about the feeling inside that lets you know" hey that does not feel good when i hurt others",kill,cheat, lie etc....we all have it.....and of course it helps a great deal when you have good parents...but even when we dont we are still accountable.... i think inside we know what is right and rong


What about sociopaths? They have no concept of right and wrong, they feel no remorse for doing things we would call immoral. They feel no remorse if they murder someone, they cant comprehend things like "right" and "wrong". What about them? Did God forget them?



I guess they forgot about God.


I guess God doesnt exist and morals are relative to society.




posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ok now your going to get real mad but i think sociopaths are evil...that is right the big E word...i believe when you leave yourself empty and continually choose the rong path then sometimes that persons shell is taken over by Evil spirits,,, wooo i am going to make people mad...i think they take over that persons hollow exhistance and render that person useless and sometimes out of controll...god can change that. i still think this person is accountable for their actions...sometimes people can be sorry,forgiven and still have to pay the price for their actions.



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
ok now your going to get real mad but i think sociopaths are evil...that is right the big E word...i believe when you leave yourself empty and continually choose the rong path then sometimes that persons shell is taken over by Evil spirits,,, wooo i am going to make people mad...i think they take over that persons hollow exhistance and render that person useless and sometimes out of controll...god can change that. i still think this person is accountable for their actions...sometimes people can be sorry,forgiven and still have to pay the price for their actions.


OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYY IM GONNNNNNNNA BLOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Hehe. Angry? I can let people share their worldviews without getting TOO angry. Anyways, I have a few questions for you.

1. If they are taken over by evil spirits then how can God hold them accountable for their actions? They have no free-will.

2. How can sociopaths be accountable for their actions when they cant even comprehend whats right and wrong?

3. If sociopaths go to hell, to mentally retarded children go there, also?

4. Please remember when you think about this, sociopaths dont think "man, this is wrong", or "this is right" or "I shouldnt do this because of the consequences", they literally cant comprehend it. And if they go to hell, whats the difference between them and God sending mentally handicapped people to hell?



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hey i am glad you did not get angry
thats cool...alright now lets see..
#1.god makes them accountable because they chose vacancy in their lives and the darkness long before the spirit entered into them...they were born with free will.
#2.they at one point did know the difference between right and rong and chose the rong,,,before they (as you say lost control) but i kind of dont jive with that either, i think they knew its was rong and choose to go along with the dark forces anyways.
#3.i never said all sociopaths go to hell...god healed them in the scriptures he heals them today...but i did say that they are responsable for their actions prior to their restoration if their is a restoration.
Example. man kills little girl.man repents.man gets forgiven.man gets death penalty........
#4.on the issue of mentally retarded people, i think they can and do go to heaven,they also have free will. god will go to them on their level and reach them ,then they make the choice. if you want to go into people who are totaly out of it mentally but harmless, i think god is fair and they would go to heaven like a little child, who i believe to be un-accountable untell the age of accountability...dont ask me when that is because i think that is between the person and god....but i know your old enough:



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
Hey i am glad you did not get angry
thats cool...alright now lets see..
#1.god makes them accountable because they chose vacancy in their lives and the darkness long before the spirit entered into them...they were born with free will.
#2.they at one point did know the difference between right and rong and chose the rong,,,before they (as you say lost control) but i kind of dont jive with that either, i think they knew its was rong and choose to go along with the dark forces anyways.
#3.i never said all sociopaths go to hell...god healed them in the scriptures he heals them today...but i did say that they are responsable for their actions prior to their restoration if their is a restoration.
Example. man kills little girl.man repents.man gets forgiven.man gets death penalty........
#4.on the issue of mentally retarded people, i think they can and do go to heaven,they also have free will. god will go to them on their level and reach them ,then they make the choice. if you want to go into people who are totaly out of it mentally but harmless, i think god is fair and they would go to heaven like a little child, who i believe to be un-accountable untell the age of accountability...dont ask me when that is because i think that is between the person and god....but i know your old enough:


Cool, thankyou for answering. I have a question.

1. What if they were sociopaths before the age of accountability?



posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Cant happen ,they were accountable at some point to make that decision...and if they were not old enough to be accountable then i think i would class that like i said before as someone who is beyond our reaching and in that case i think god is fair,,,so many little details...all i know is god is fair...lets say a 10 year old kills your mom...can god forgive? can you? YES....but still that little person may spend the rest of their life in prison...action...reaction....action ...concequence...i spell for crap ....



posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Is god a thing of the past?
I dont believe Gods faith is as strong as it use to be in his people. But i do believe he is significant in todays society, but yet, im not sure if this is for the better or for the worse



posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDuRtAn
can man out grow god? can he be shed like a child leaving the house. can he reach a point where god is no longer needed?

god has many influences on our society today he affects many things in our very govt.

i will leave this broad so conversation can vary.


Unfortuantly.. it seems spirituality is wired into us.. so religion will always be the sideeffect.. though dangerous as it has proven to be. :shk:

cms.psychologytoday.com...:

Serotonin, the brain chemical crucial to mood and motivation, also shapes personality to make you susceptible to spiritual experiences. A team of Swedish researchers has found that the presence of a receptor that regulates general serotonin activity in the brain correlates with peoples capacity for transcendence, the ability to apprehend phenomena that cannot be explained objectively. Scientists have long suspected that serotonin influences spirituality because drugs known to alter serotonin such as '___' also induce mystical experiences. But now they have proof from brain scans linking the capacity for spirituality with a major biological element.

The concentration of serotonin receptors normally varies markedly among individuals. Those whose brain scans showed the most receptor activity proved on personality tests to have the strongest proclivity to spiritual acceptance.


I personally have my own theory that god is merely an 'evolutionary carrot'.. the question of 'why are we here?' and 'god?' which is heart the heart of all philosphies. We will no doubt be chasing 'god' to the ends of the galaxy and beyond [providing we don't wipe eachother out in 'His' name first.]

As for 'good' and 'evil' and this ridiculous and insulting assumption that athiests can't no morals.. empathy is also instinctive to most human beings. If we deliberately hurt someone.. we feel it on some level.. and hence are usually reluctant to do so. Hacking another human being to pieces with an axe would just feel bad and icky. Psychopaths obviously are misswired or/and may have been severely maltreated.. teaching them killing is 'wrong' would never prevent them from doing it.. it might even encourage them as it's the 'wrong' they get off on.. asserting power over someone else.



posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel

Originally posted by alienaddicted

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel

Originally posted by ninki
im am talking about the feeling inside that lets you know" hey that does not feel good when i hurt others",kill,cheat, lie etc....we all have it.....and of course it helps a great deal when you have good parents...but even when we dont we are still accountable.... i think inside we know what is right and rong


What about sociopaths? They have no concept of right and wrong, they feel no remorse for doing things we would call immoral. They feel no remorse if they murder someone, they cant comprehend things like "right" and "wrong". What about them? Did God forget them?



I guess they forgot about God.


I guess God doesnt exist and morals are relative to society.


seems you forget too.



posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
and how can God be a thing of the past? must be thou hasn't been in the presence of Him thy thinking thist. Go forth and walk with him. For thou to be not forgotten. Hence, what art thou? Reveal thyself. Trespass.




top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join