It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Time To Eat Chocolate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This is a video of cocoa farmers in Ivory Coast being give chocolate for the first time in their life. They harvest and sell the beans, but were unaware of what was done with them. Their reactions are priceless. I can not imagine life without a little chocolate here and there.

edit on 30-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: correction

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
S&F

Videos like this always humble me. We go through day to day life with so many things others never have a hope of having or trying... all the while bemoaning the things we don't have. 1st world problems anyone? Bueller??

It's a simple pleasure for so many of us, but to these folks it is their livelihood and they have never even seen what the fruits of their labor achieve until now.

Next they should be given bacon covered in chocolate.... FIREWORKS!!!

Very awesome Skunkape.

ETA - I literally lol when he said it's what makes the whites so healthy. I damn near choked laughing. I would have liked to have seen some women trying it too. It is a shame that they make so little and never get to see what their work produces, but I suppose that's for another time and another thread.
edit on 7/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Chocolate is harder to give up than Alcohol, Cigarettes, Marijuana and many other drugs!

I've been eating chocolate since I was a kid... and I love it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That's sad that they don't know what their product is used for. And I'm sure they're being taken advantage of and not getting the money that they should be getting(my assumption). I wish I could go to a place like this and give them chocolate, Nintendo 3DS(with Mario). I would love to see the look on kids faces when they experience something new and so life-changing. Imagine them having an IPod and listening to music and watching cartoons. It's sad. But S&F

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Just look at his face after he takes the first bite...priceless.
He's genuinely surprised the beans he's been growing actually make tasty food.

Thanks for sharing .

I don't eat a lot of chocolate,but I have to be honest, Reese's Peanut Butter cups have gotten me through some tough times.

We take food like this for granted, when some people never even get to taste it their entire life.
So sad.

edit on 30/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Chocolate is harder to give up than Alcohol, Cigarettes, Marijuana and many other drugs!

I've been eating chocolate since I was a kid... and I love it.

Haha me too! I love dark chocolate with hazelnuts or raspberries in it, mmmmm.

I will give up chocolate when I die otherwise you can't get me to stop! I have a little piece everyday in some way. It's my one "vice" but at $4 a chocolate bar I make it last quite a while.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I saw this on Facebook earlier. It's sad they help us get our chocolate yet they can't even afford the pleasure of having it. I want to send them all chocolate now.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That was so cool!

Notice they saved the paper to show the children but not the chocolate.

Reese's Peanut Butter cups have gotten me through some tough times.

Me too, RR, me too...

edit on 7/30/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Mmmm Reese's peanut butter cups. I have loved those my entire life. I like the mini ones. I keep them in the freezer. I cut out all sugary food but my dark chocolate and Reese's peanut butter cups. You would have to pull that from my dead hands before I gave them up!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I think that would be awesome. We take for granted our beloved chocolate, and the ones who make it all possible have no idea....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
great vid...but i would have liked to see the kids try it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

That was a good one to watch this morning.

I'm going to be smiling all day. Those guys were totally blown away by the chocolate, and it is something most of us take for granted. I am not a big chocolate fan myself, I mean, it is ok, but I would rather eat jelly beans.

I know now, after watching these guys react, that when I am presented a chocolate bar, I will eat it in honor of those hard workers who have never had one before.
The only thing that really kind of disturbed me a little was how they put it as a white persons food. That and the fact that it is so expensive there that no one ever gets to try or even is aware of what they are working so hard to get.

Even though I am not crazy about chocolate, I will now have a more open view and appreciation of the substance.

s&f!

new topics

top topics

join