It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Israel really an "ally" of the United States?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They're no ally; They are a cancer and an embarrassment to America. Or they should be.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes, Israel really is an ally of the United States.

We supported the creation of the Jewish homeland of Israel in 1948, primarily to subvert a Soviet-Arab oil alliance. We provide massive aid to Israel (mostly military aid). Israel provides the USA with a strong military support structure in the Middle East, and we share many strategic, military, political, and economic interests. We conduct joint military exercises. The USA maintains large military assets in Israel at multiple sites.

Both the USA and Israel conduct espionage efforts on one another. This is no secret and is to be expected. We conduct espionage on *everybody* - and we expect the same in return. This is why we have intelligence and counter-intelligence organizations like the CIA, the NSA, the DHS, etc.

It is current US law and US foreign policy to guarantee Israeli military superiority over Israel's enemies.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuyvesant
Yes, Israel really is an ally of the United States.

We supported the creation of the Jewish homeland of Israel in 1948, primarily to subvert a Soviet-Arab oil alliance. We provide massive aid to Israel (mostly military aid). Israel provides the USA with a strong military support structure in the Middle East, and we share many strategic, military, political, and economic interests. We conduct joint military exercises. The USA maintains large military assets in Israel at multiple sites.

Both the USA and Israel conduct espionage efforts on one another. This is no secret and is to be expected. We conduct espionage on *everybody* - and we expect the same in return. This is why we have intelligence and counter-intelligence organizations like the CIA, the NSA, the DHS, etc.

It is current US law and US foreign policy to guarantee Israeli military superiority over Israel's enemies.

And just what do we get out of this "alliance deal" that we could not get somewhere else?
I did notice the parts where you said how much we did to help, or do, for them.
How about a little positive return on all this giving?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommanderAnd just what do we get out of this "alliance deal" that we could not get somewhere else?

I'm open to any ideas...

Libya? No.
Egypt? No.
Sudan? No.
Saudi Arabia? No.
Jordan? No.
Lebanon? No.
Syria? No.
Turkey? No.
Iraq? No.
Iran? No.

Need I go on? Nowhere in that region of Planet Earth does the USA have any "friends." Israel is the only one. For over 60 years we've developed, maintained & supported this ally. As I stated, Israel provides the USA with a strong military support structure in the Middle East, and we share many strategic, military, political, and economic interests. Nowhere else in the ME are those interests shared.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CoolStoryMan

I'd say that the USA is an ally of Israel, not the other way around.

edit on 30-7-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue
a reply to: CoolStoryMan

Text? Does it mean siding with Islamist forces that want them eradicated? That's really the question here. I mean I see the death numbers in the latest conflict, and I feel for the Palestinians. But at the same time, this isn't out of a clear blue sky.

It means when Israel is wrong, you tell them they are wrong. when they blow up hospitals using many innocent people as collateral they are wrong.

When they publicly trash john kerry's attempt to atleast try and find a solution where is our response? it's some tepid BS it just seems the US is afraid to make them mad
edit on 30-7-2014 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
People hate Israel for the same reasons they hate the US...

The reason is TPTB who are hiding behind the facade of a government, are the ones behind all of the atrocities such as the USS Liberty debacle and 911.

This is NOT Israel or America.

Israel is the people of Israel and NOT those in control of the Nation.

Those behind the hijacking of our government offices are the ones who deserve all the hate.

Hate them, not the people who live there.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stuyvesant

originally posted by: teamcommanderAnd just what do we get out of this "alliance deal" that we could not get somewhere else?

I'm open to any ideas...

Libya? No.

Egypt? No.

Sudan? No.

Saudi Arabia? No.

Jordan? No.

Lebanon? No.

Syria? No.

Turkey? No.

Iraq? No.

Iran? No.

Need I go on? Nowhere in that region of Planet Earth does the USA have any "friends." Israel is the only one. For over 60 years we've developed, maintained & supported this ally. As I stated, Israel provides the USA with a strong military support structure in the Middle East, and we share many strategic, military, political, and economic interests. Nowhere else in the ME are those interests shared.

Ah yes, by all means go on.
You have given a good start to a list of countries which Israel, and the US, have for the last 40 years tried to manipulate and even dominate with interference or invasion.
As I said, if your BBF is a bully, you will be thought of as a bully also.
Having just one "friend" within a region does not automaticly make that "friend" right in everything they do or say. I will be very glad when someone in the U S government grows a pair and cuts this succubis loose to fend for them selves on every level.
edit on 31-7-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join