It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Warriors in New Mexico go too far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Apparently I am unable to post this in 'Posse Comitatus', so here it is in 'Other Current Events'.

Uhm, for those who cannot watch the video, here is the explanation from 'reasontv' on youtube.

In October of 2012, Timothy Young was pulled over for failing to use his turn signal in Lordsburg, New Mexico. When Hidalgo County deputies saw that Young’s companion had an open container, they asked to search the truck. Young consented.

The search dragged on for more than two hours. Deputies eventually called in a K9 unit and claimed that the dog, Leo, alerted on the driver's seat. While deputies sought a warrant for a more extensive search, deputy Patrick Green continued to interrogate Young, at one point asking him, “Do you have it up your ass?”

After the deputies obtained a search warrant, they handcuffed Young and drove him an hour away to the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, New Mexico. Young was x-rayed and digitally probed without his consent. No contraband was found. A few weeks later, the hospital sent Young a bill for services rendered.

Young sued all parties involved. So far he has received a judgment of $925,000 from Hidalgo County.

Ha, wow, almost a millionjudgement to be recieved. Can you imagine the amount of money people that have been in his situation could get? (One billion, kajillion, fafellion, shubalubadooamillion - Dr. Evil)

This is'nt even the worst case we've seen.

edit on 30-7-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

Well at least he got paid for this. That is ridiculous that they did all that for a failure to use a turn signal.
I don't get how they impounded his car, don't they have to have more the suspicion to tow it?
Or is the dog 'hit' enough for that.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
yup thats some silly shiiiiizzzzz.

Its like those boy scouts that got stopped for a boarder check going to Canada and one took a pic of the boarder guys (not illegal) got wrenched out of the bus and threatened with a fine and a jail sentence.

Cops and law enforcement officials need to read their own rule/law books before they go on any crazy rampages, esp against kids!!

edit on b53531228 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

#, the 'dog' procedure is so.... i can't think of the right word.

originally posted by: Biigs
Cops and law enforcement officials need to read their own rule/law books before they go on any crazy rampages, esp against kids!!

^^This^^, and dogs... or just 'life' in general.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast
a reply to: Sremmos80

#, the 'dog' procedure is so.... i can't think of the right word.

originally posted by: Biigs

^^This^^, and dogs... or just 'life' in general.

yuuuup

You cant defend yourself in court without a law degree but can get charged for a law you didnt actually know you broke.

The system is screwed up and the LEO's are no better.

Lets not even get into the strange "when a LEO breaks the law they are let off, when his next door neighbor commits the same crime its years in prison" thing.

How can a guy who's job it is to know and enforce the law not be punished more than the person that doesnt? what the hell is that about?!

damnit, i said lets not get in to it, and then i did, im as hippocratic as they are *sigh*

edit on b5858147 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I have had to drive through Lordsburg probably 20 times, and it is situated at a point on my trip where I always have to stop and take a leak. That town creeps me out. I get a feeling that I should just keep going - i always go the speed limit because there is always at least one cop (usually state) with a speed trap set up. There is also a brand new, HUGE border patrol station off the last exit as you're headed wet out of town. Not one you have to drive through - a big central station where they have a lot of vehicles and stuff. I hate that place.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You know how as part of training cops are required to take a tazer hit before they are allowed to carry and deploy one..you see where Im going with this

I think it should be the same for all the things they are able to do to us.
Awsome judgement..too bad it couldn't come out of all involveds life savings.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You can tell that this "attack" that they did in the emeregency room caused this guy some trauma, as in PTSD type of trauma-a.k.a. sexual abuse. This guy has a lot of bravery to come on TV and expose what had happened. I feel that by him telling the truth about what happened may actually make his life worse. I hope he takes the judge and/or cops to court for this. I think he would win with a good attorney, but what can he do to restore his dignity?

I predict this guy will not be driving late at night, for fear of being molested by the "authorities." "Freedom. That's what they call it....?"

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee
Yes he is pretty brave, most rapist rely on the victim being intimidated and too ashamed to come forward and go through the court process.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

This country needs a constitutional convention and we need to start before this mess goes madmax.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast
Young sued all parties involved. So far he has received a judgment of $925,000 from Hidalgo County

Wait a minute here. Mr. Young was literally raped by LEO's and health care workers and gets a million (well deserved) dollars.-

Meanwhile a geriatric, fading star gets literally twice that ($1.8 million) for crying like a bitch on the witness stand?
Jury Awards Ventura $1.8M In Defamation Case

Yay American justice!
edit on 30-7-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

This country needs a constitutional convention and we need to start before this mess goes madmax.

We have a Constitution. We just need politicians who will follow it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

No we need politicians who ENFORCE it!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I hope that the 925.000 dollars are paid by the salaries of the officers involved..... that will teach them.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Tax payers foot the bill.

Even more of a reason to hold the officers accountable for their actions.

We should figure out how much money is wasted on crap like this. Be cool anyway.
edit on 7/30/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: groingrinder

No we need politicians who ENFORCE it!

I'd like to emphasize on your emphasis.

ENFORCE!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Outrageous behavior by law enforcement. Truly disgusting.

top topics

join