It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Bugging Out, What If We Are ORDERED To Shelter In Place?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Like many of you, I have been watching the (somewhat limited--once again the UK media doing the heavy lifting) US coverage of the Ebola outbreak in Africa. With international travel can (even w/the best of precautions/screenings) anything stop the spread around the world, and if so, what would/could be done if it turns up in various population centers around the globe? My best guess would be we would be ordered (Martial Law type situation?) to "shelter in place." Stay put. No travel. No leaving your home. Medical personnel/police/fire/military quarantined in work settings...and the rest of us ORDERED (remember ALL those military type vehicles local police now have?) to stay indoors and away from others?

If that occurred, would chaos ensue? How would people survive w/o access to stores (think Sandy but the storm doesn't end for 7 weeks). To that end, I would like to suggest (in addition to staying on top of news) to prep.

Prep...be prepared. Just like in hurricane season in some parts of the country. It isn't crazy, or being a tin foiler, it's thinking ahead, preparing for what MIGHT occur if you cannot leave your home. For weeks.

Canned goods, dry beans, rice, bottled water. Shelf stable items. Perishables only if you can freeze (unlike a storm, there should be no loss of power). But please keep the thought of "extra" in your mind.

Prep incase the Ebola becomes a pandemic.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Not a chance......Here is why you mention all those military vehicles the police have.......LOL. We could not even control the major cities in Iraq with the real military. You are talking 1000 to 1 in the US if not more.

That being said people out of fear might end up bugging in. To be honest unless I had to I would not bug out with my family. I do have the needed kit to do it but exposure is the real deal.
edit on 30-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
In a pandemic. Those found to be carrying the virus or who have been in close contact with those who have will be quarentined. They happens for TB.

I suppose they could make it all up and just tell people this.

I don't know the protocol for this but I imagine they could mark homes. That way neighbours would snitch if you went out.

I read up on the protocol once. Quite a shocking read, concerning the dead. Being there would be so many, they won't be running the usual coroners service of picking up corpses. It's DIY. They won't be able to keep an accurate check on this either. As in u might as well murder that person you've always hated and bury them. I'm just kidding. No autopsies though. If you're interested.

Would it be chaos. Yes there would be widespread panic. People fearing others who may be a carrier. People who won't obey. That would be me. People who just plain overreact.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
considering the economic damage this would do I don't think it would happen. the elite would shelter in place but would still expect us to get out every morning to do our jobs and keep their money growing!

what the heck I hear they want most of us gone anyways

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Point a negates point b in your post.
Just saying.ba reply to: dawnstar

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

This is a very very realistic scenario...more than I want to go into...but roads would be easily locked down to prevent people from moving. this was the number one reason to go off grid and leave the usa...because when the # hits...they will surely lock you down.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

In the urban areas of the US such a protocol would almost assuredly lead to widespread chaos. The cities would become free fire kill zones. My reading and research indicate that in the event that such a protocol had to be ordered up, the "First Responders" would be ordered to cordon off the city, shoot anyone attempting to leave, then wait 3 to 5 days for the residents of the impounded area to either die or kill one another off.

That's why we've already bugged out.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ebola only spreads through direct contact with an infected persons bodily fluids and isn't transmissible during the incubation stage

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CZ75P01

I would bug-in.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Mutation.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Basically, they would likely do what they did during the Spanish Flu Epidemic. They told people to avoid large public gatherings and cancelled those gatherings. They would ask people to voluntarily quarantine themselves as much as possible before becoming ill - basically, only go out as much as necessary like you do during bad winter weather now. Those who turn up sick would almost certainly be forcibly quarantined in isolation units and then their families might be put under non-voluntary in-home quarantine until the incubation period had passed.

And they would ask businesses to keep close unless they were essential if things got really bad.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is why I am glad I have a sailboat stocked and ready to go. I can survive indefinitely at Sea minus some deadly illness or injury.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheIronShadow

Mutation.

*sigh* There is no evidence that Ebola has mutated to be any different in how it infects you.

Yes, there is always the potential that it *could,* but it's equally likely to mutate into something benign, too.

And there's not a very good chance of either.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Shelter in place is the preferred way to get through a crisis. If at all possible, it's usually the best thing to do. Bug out is supposed to be the last option. We always have a three month at home prep. It's the smart thing ... Ebola or not.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIronShadow

Well in the case of a mutation, id bug in and hope to any higher power I dont catch it. Cuz Ebola....nasty A** virus.

new topics

top topics

join