It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to All ATS Members

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The one thing i learnt a long time ago, if you can spot bullsh1t you wont go far wrong
Welcome to ATS have a great day

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

“To recognize bull#,
nose is better than ear.”
― Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
nothing is permitted, everything is true.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
If you do want to be one that makes a difference rather than another lost in this darkness then focus on just one problem. This world is just too big with too much wrong for just one person to fix it all. By focusing all your energy on just one piece rather than the whole puzzle you have a better chance of making a fit. With one problem down you can move to the next. If the problem is too big then try starting on a smaller part of it. While there are still people, there will still be problems, have been for a very long time.

Most important, look after yourself. If you dig deep enough you will find a lot of disturbing things. Take some time out when you need it. There are many others feeling the same things and always willing to talk about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wonderful Opening Thread Paige.

I have a very long list of wise words of wisdom to some day put into a time capsule. Yet i still yearn for more knowledge of the un-known, seeing things not meant to be seen, feeling things that hurt like a black swirling hole inside my chest. And still i persist on.

You seem like a very strong individual, keep on working at it. Some day, the world will need someone like you. And the more the merrier. When the Purge occurs, the world and universe will need people to guide them in the right direction. And i believe that there are many Here on ATS that can and will do this task successfully, glade to know your our one of them too.

Respects,

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

“To recognize bull#,
nose is better than ear.”
― Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity

Ha ha, good one.
Also, "he who laughs last, laughs last"
--My uncle on the beer one night..
edit on 30/7/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14

I only ask for one favor: If each person reading my words here, my cry out for change, could send me just one thought, opinion, truth, lie, belief, whatever it is that comes to mind when painting the pages of an open book. Would it not be somewhat of a prideful thing to know that you each helped out in the creation of a new mind? Well, mine is open and ready to be painted with every color.

You must chase many rabbits before you can discern truth. There is no shortage of rabbits here either. Welcome to ATS and best of luck on your journey.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Remember always that you are just a visitor here, a traveler passing through. your stay is but short and the moment of your departure unknown.

None can live without toil and a craft that provides your needs is a blessing indeed. But if you toil without rest, fatigue and weariness will overtake you, and you will denied the joy that comes from labor's end. Speak quietly and kindly and be not forward with either opinions or advice. If you talk much, this will make you deaf to what others say, and you should know that there are few so wise that they cannot learn from others.

Be near when help is needed, but far when praise and thanks are being offered. Take small account of might, wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds. Treasure silence when you find it, and while being mindful of your duties, set time aside, to be alone with yourself.

Cast off pretense and self-deception and see yourself as you really are. Despite all appearances, no one is really evil. They are led astray by ignorance. If you ponder this truth always you will offer more light, rather than blame and condemnation. You, no less than all beings have Buddha Nature within. Your essential Mind is pure. Therefore, when defilements cause you to stumble and fall, let not remorse nor dark foreboding cast you down. Be of good cheer and with this understanding, summon strength and walk on. Faith is like a lamp and wisdom makes the flame burn bright. Carry this lamp always and in good time the darkness will yield and you will abide in the Light.

Welcome and cheers my friend!
edit on 7/30/14 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Believe in yourself and do not be afraid to follow your internal instinct on things you may think of or encounter that others may find unbelievable or too outta box.
Also try to keep a balanced conscious outlook on reality, that has been "taught" to you for there may be more to it that can be perceived if you look deeper...

Welcome to ATS PageLC14, see you in the boards and good luck

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So much I wanna say but ill tell u when u get home

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Page, welcome to the end of the internet, where the Wizard of Oz actually makes sense. I don't normally take part in these welcome exercises, but for you, Ill make a short exception.

Ill share this bit of wisdom

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.
William Shakespeare

Never throw any bit of information out, and your mind will be full in short order. Enjoy the mind toys...

Welcome........

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I have only advice to give dear Paige. You must remember that while it is a wonderful ideal to open yourself to others opinions and ideas, it is what you do with them and how you shape and form them into your own that is the most important part. Enjoy the imparting of knowledge as it comes but do not assume it all to be true. Empirical evidence, while important, is still as susceptible to fabrication as unsupported opinion. In the words of Mark Twain, "For the history of our race, and each individual's experience, are sewn thick with evidences that a truth is not hard to kill, and that a lie well told is immortal."

Facts are simply opinions that have enough supporting evidence to make them universally acceptable. Bear this in mind while you sift through the ideas you are presented with here. Question everything until you are satisfied with the answer you receive and you will never be left wanting for understanding of a subject.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Here is some words for you to ponder upon.. I don't remember anymore when and where i stumbled across this message but i find it... ..excellent.

Old man once said:

In dwelling, live close to the earth.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don't try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

When you are content to be simply yourself
and don't compare or compete,
everybody will respect you.

Fill your bowl to the brim
and it will spill.
Keep sharpening your knife
and it will blunt.
Chase after money and security
and your heart will never unclench.
Care about people's approval
and you will be their prisoner.

Do your work, then step back.
The only path to serenity.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Welcome.
But I am curious about something; You asked to be called 'Paige' but you have spelled it 'Page' in your screen name. What gives?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Unfortunate typo and I can't change it without creating a new acount. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Greetings Paige,

Im TrueBrit, and you can call me anything you damned well please!
Pleasure to make your acquaintance, and I am looking forward to interacting with you on the boards!

A word of caution for you, if you will permit me. Sometimes, you will find yourself frustrated by certain things around here, no matter how worldly wise you may be. Sometimes it will be the attitudes of people who simply seem to have their priorities wrong, and you would probably be right in your conclusion, but let me let you in on a little factoid to help. First of all, I highly recommend re-reading the terms and conditions of the site occasionally, especially when you feel that someones response has been less than polite.

Rather than react to these things, it is always preferable to decompress and talk to other members, perhaps via U2U, or in chat, and without naming names, outline the problem. There are, along with persons who may occasionally aggravate, people around here who will gladly give of their time to help you with all manner of problems. Whether you are having trouble creating avatars, affixing links and embedding video, or just problems with members or with site functions of any kind, someone on the site either knows how to fix it, or will direct you to someone who can.

Also, it is worth mentioning that membership here gives you access to one of the most original thinkers, and widely read memberships on the web. We have physicists, avionics experts, legal eagles, law enforcement professionals, engineers of every stripe, bankers, ex state governors, hunters, farmers, and a whole plethora of other skills sets represented in this membership. I have a feeling that given your enthusiasm for the site, you will discover who is who and what is what in short order, but for now all that remains to say, is welcome aboard, and enjoy yourself!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Also, it is worth mentioning that membership here gives you access to one of the most original thinkers, and widely read memberships on the web. We have physicists, avionics experts, legal eagles, law enforcement professionals, engineers of every stripe, bankers,exstate governors, hunters, farmers, and a whole plethora of other skills sets represented in this membership.
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm beginning to see as I spend more time here just how far out of my league I may be. Unfortunatley, I feel like I've already started something that can't be stopped. I don't think I could leave even if I wanted to.

Thanks for your reply and words of advice. Ill remember then when I am feeling overwhelmed which I'm sure won't be too much longer.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well, my inbox is always open if you need a chat about anything, and I am sure others would say the same given the opportunity!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
well it's been a while since i saw a 20 flag intro so I thought I'd pop in. You seem like you have good intentions for your membership. nice to have you on the boards.

as far as advice? idk. how about don't dwell too close to the river for when the storm comes you may find yourself washed away.

backs out kneeling and bowing...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

don't dwell too close to the river for when the storm comes you may find yourself washed away.

Hmmm another line of advice to write down and ponder.
Thanks for popping in and leaving me a little more confused then what I started out. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join