It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to All ATS Members

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hello there, you may call me Paige. Technically, you may call me whatever you like, but I'd prefer Paige, if you will.

Well, let me start off by saying that I am 21 years of age. Yes, I know 21 is considered young, but who's to decide what is young and what is not? I have seen more than most people twice my age. Experienced more, felt more, hurt more. I've been told I am wise beyond my years, that I have an old soul. Well, to be honest, I really don't know anything about anything. So far, I have only been able to conquer the ability to have an open mind, to accept anything that anyone might throw at me. I'll pretty much believe anything I hear and I only question things in my mind.

Alas, I am tired of living in my mind! I desperately need an escape from where I am to a place I've never been. I need to escape from my mind, for it to be pried open and filled with endless facts, or opinions, about things people either don't want to hear or are just too close-minded to acknowledge.

So, I am starting right here on ATS. So many different opinions in one place, where else to try to learn about what is really going on out there? If I can't learn anything alongside hundreds of thousands of humans voicing hundreds of thousands different points of views then where can I?

I only ask for one favor: If each person reading my words here, my cry out for change, could send me just one thought, opinion, truth, lie, belief, whatever it is that comes to mind when painting the pages of an open book. Would it not be somewhat of a prideful thing to know that you each helped out in the creation of a new mind? Well, mine is open and ready to be painted with every color.

Keep in mind, though, that a person only gets one. Once you lose it, you don't get it back. So tread lightly on the shimmering waves. Help mold my mind to the perfect shape, not for anything in return, I ask, but for your OWN personal gain. A gain that most would overlook. The ones here, though, You are not like MOST, that's why you're her, right?? To put what you know and believe OUT there.

So, if you are going to put your awareness anywhere, why not put in in me?? I won't turn anything away, I will never put you down. I could either end up another obnoxious ego-tistical loser who sits around spitting out mindless, unknown facts that no one will find interesting just for the simple fact that I am spitting them out...OR...You could help mold me into someone who can make something happen. Or perhaps stand beside others who will be making things happen.

Its up to you, fellow enthusiasts. I've put my message out there, left myself open and ready to let anyone and/or everyone molest and penetrate my innermost thoughts and beliefs. I'm 21, remember. I still have a lot to learn.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I like your enthusiasm. Be careful trading through these threads though when filling your mind. There is alot of nonsense in these forums so don't take everything you read as the truth. The govt might even be putting a few things on here to see how they can mold the minds. So keep your mind open but stay stead fast to your belief so you have a reality to come back in to. But have fun clicking away. Check out the black triangle threads and see what ideas your brain can handle. But WELCOME!
edit on 29-7-2014 by IBossJekler because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Paige. Here you will find the wise, the fool, the troll, the skeptic, the believer, and everything in between. Take what you will from it and leave the rest for others that are on their own journey. It's good to have an open mind, but be careful with it and what you fill it with. As you said... You only get one.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. I certainly do. There is something for everyone here and some of the best folks on the internet reside within.

I will see you around the forums! Have a flag on me...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Welcome to the strange realm of ats .. erm.. was the free beer during happy hour brought me here .. oh.. oops wrong place ..

You will find many strange.. fascinating ... unique things around here .. just dont look under the beds or in the icebox thats where the truly scary things are ..

learning is lifelong it never stops .. patience when dealing with fools.. idiots and government officials .. most importantly life is meant to be lived.. live it..

The rest should be along shortly with your doorprises and survival kit ..

and now time for lunch here ..

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, "Desiderata"

P

ETA. Hey! Want an Avatar! Click here to go to Avatar Land www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29/7/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Welcome Paige. I think you picked the right forum to find what you are looking for. We were all 21 once. Well except for me, I was hatched fully grown out of an egg my "mom" found in a trash can.
You seem ahead of the curve and I am sure thousands on here will jump at the chance to penetrate your innermost thoughts and beliefs. Have fun and tread carefully. Not everyone who enters your mind will want to leave.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I look forward to seeing you around, and getting your take on the topics we discuss here.

I only ask for one favor: If each person reading my words here, my cry out for change, could send me just one thought, opinion, truth, lie, belief, whatever it is that comes to mind when painting the pages of an open book.

How about this for starters?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Welcome Paige!

Whatever your fate is, whatever the hell happens, you say, “This is what I need.” It may look like a wreck, but go at it as though it were an opportunity, a challenge. If you bring love to that moment—not discouragement—you will find the strength there. Any disaster you can survive is an improvement in your character, your stature, and your life. What a privilege!! This is when the spontaneity of your own nature will have a chance to flow. Then, when looking back at your life, you will see that the moments which seemed to be great failures, followed by wreckage, were the incidents that shaped the life you have now. You’ll see this is really true. Nothing can happen to you that is not positive. Even though it looks and feels at the moment like a negative crisis, it is not. The crisis throws you back, and when you are required to exhibit strength, it comes.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
a reply to: pheonix358

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks to all of your welcoming words of advice. I will take them with me as I travel through the pages of this amazing site. I can't wait to see what is in store for me here.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Paige you should fit right in here just fine. Glad you've joined us.

If I had to offer anything it would be:
    "Trust but verify as much as you can before accepting anything as fact."

See you on the boards.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

"And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'd say that is a very good start. Thank you! Its so much easier said then done, I'd say.

edit on 29-7-2014 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hi page saying hello but sorry trying to reach 20 so I can make some short story posts lol

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Epirus

Nothing can happen to you that is not positive. Even though it looks and feels at the moment like a negative crisis, it is not. The crisis throws you back, and when you are required to exhibit strength, it comes.

You wouldn't believe how close to home your words have hit me tonight. Thanks for the encouraging reply.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Amen what they said above and ....".don't take any wooden nickels"......

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
One of the things a mind should learn is how to unlearn .Lots of info is just that "info" It's a good thing to be able to consider all things but is it really necessary ? Best of luck and welcome to the zoo ...peace

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The mind is a mansion with many rooms.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I only ask for one favor: If each person reading my words here, my cry out for change, could send me just one thought, opinion, truth, lie, belief, whatever it is that comes to mind when painting the pages of an open book.

First impression: You're already a pretty aware person, just to make that request.

Now what do I have to say to you? Let me meditate for a minute, and see what jumps to mind. Ah...

Years ago I tried to write it into a story, I called "Notes From Jericho". The story was very metaphorical, and presented the idea that we are all living in this kind of walled city of managed perceptions, where its safe and comfortable. To be a person who really seeks the truth in any capacity, is ultimately to escape from the acceptable life of blindness, to climb up those walls, and to see what's on the outside. What we see when we do this is terrifying vistas of possibility, a world without rules. Its both a very uncomfortable and empowering experience.

Whether you're an advanced CTer, or a member of one of the many groups shaping world destiny CTers focus on, you've climbed up that wall, in one way or another, and looked outside. And you know there's no clear, feel good moral answers to what ails the world, you that life is complex and the good guys don't always win. This experience is like a fire, it burns down your previous worldviews you gained living "in the walls of the city" so to speak.

You clearly, already, aren't a total stranger to what I'm talking about.

So what I have for you is a question, not to answer to me, but to answer to yourself: What Gold is it that surivives this fire? What principles survive the process of waking up? What really matters?

Peace!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Welcome Paige, you have made quite the introduction! You are quite humble and earnest 2 things that are hard to come by these days!

Throughout my years, nearing my 30's now I have spent my time questioning the world I live in. I have always had a strong distrust for religion and government. This has served me quite well. It has not been easy, suffering is something that is not foreign to me. I remember one of the turning points in my life was when I read the quote "without suffering there could be no compassion" I forget who this is attributed to, but it changed my view greatly.

I have studied various philosophies and in conclusion found there to be truth in all of them. The metaphor being that they are all different paths up the same mountain. Ultimately I believe that we are manifestations of the same divine source creation that is playing itself out on the stage of life. There are various ways of connecting to source. Mediation is essential, as is nutrition, some form of physical exercise, been digging the # out of yoga as of late, Qi Gong, Reiki is a truly wonderful one that has revolutionized my understanding of prayer.

You have come to a great place to seek knowledge, for on ATS you will learn how to sift through information, misinformation, propaganda, erroneous opinions, bigotry, as well as thoroughly researched information, solid opinions, open minded communication, encouragement, love, wisdom of all kinds.

You can take this as an opportunity to sharpen your skills of discernment, seek what resonates with you, allow your intuition to guide yourself! Once again welcome!

Namaste Aloha

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amWednesday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Welcome, Paige!

A thought, for you:

Happiness is a CHOICE.

I hope you find many answers on ATS. Funny thing is, they always seem to lead to more questions!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join