The AUTO-Trigger to Launch Russian ICBMs ... ( "Dead Hand" )

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Dead Hand is a Cold-War-era nuclear-control system used by the Soviet Union.

General speculation from insiders alleges that the system remains in use in post-Soviet Russia.

An example of fail-deadly deterrence, it can automatically trigger the launch of the Russian intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) if a nuclear strike is detected by seismic, light, radioactivity and overpressure sensors.

By most accounts, it is normally switched off and is supposed to be activated during dangerous crises only; however, it is said to remain fully functional and able to serve its purpose whenever needed.

The purpose of the "Dead Hand" system, as described in a book of the same name, was to maintain a second strike capability, by ensuring that the destruction of the Soviet leadership would not have prevented the Soviet military from releasing its weapons.
Dead Hand

AND

Posted by EU Times on Jul 29th, 2014
Putin Issues "Dead Hand" Order

-
OPINION: An Entertaining-Example:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne
Interesting and well-written comprehensive article describing the current situation, whether or not you subscribe to the political slant. We may very well be headed for nuclear war. (Putin issues Dead Hand Order)
edit on PMTue, 29 Jul 2014 23:02:28 -0500America/Chicago1406692948K0229027 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well isn't that just wonderful. It seems war with Russia is inevitable at this point. We wont be fighting rag tags in the sand this time. . .

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Not really a reputable source. Been hoaxed myself on an article of hers.

Putin Issues Feared “Dead Hand” Order As Global War Nears

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Edit - I'm speaking of the EU Times story, not the Wiki info.
edit on 212pm4242pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
To be completely fair.

The United States is the only nation to ever have used nukes on her enemies. Right now the US Government is doing everything in their power to push a war with Russia - not the other way around.

Russia seems to be taking a more defensive posture (this dead man switch activation if true, bolstering and consolidation of forces, attempting to set up BRIC system, etc.) Meanwhile, the United States is taking a rather offensive approach to the coming war. (Round after round after round of new sanctions.)

What I am trying to say is - perhaps Putin's fears of having to use this dead man's switch may in fact be legitimate.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The dead hand system is still in use and the russian DUMB Yamantau in the ural's is perhaps Russias and one of the world's deepest bases the size of a city with several subcomparmentalized sections that are independant and underground railways taht connect to other bases is the russian equievalent of Norad, a hardened nuclear proof base that modern russia is still pouring billions into and is still off limit's to any but soviet military.
Other than the Dead Hand system the Soviet's were considering building a Doomsday Ship that would throw radioactive material around the world with the intention of making the whole world uninhabitable if the Soviet Union was attacked (kind a makes your feel fuzzy and cuddly inside toward them does'nt it - Pun intended).
Today Israel has there own Dead Hand system with there nuclear missiles primed to launch at a number of Target's if Israel is attacked.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.viewzone.com...

archive.geraldsteinberg.com...
www.nowtheendbegins.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

So since we all know that Israel is going to be attacked, not when but it will, nuclear conflict is not a possibility but an inevitability, kind a makes this round of tit for tat sanctions with russia pale to insignificance eh.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

The use of the bomb's at Hiroshima and Nagasaki though Horrible and arguably an attack on civilian's did shorten the war, it did save more lives than a protracted war would have cost so is it really relevant to bring that point up, if America had not somebody else would have before the horror made them take pause before ever using it again and is that not the point, all side's have them and all side's know the harm they did and will do.

I see america and the men whom carried those missions out as exonerated for that action simply because it was at the time the correct tactical decision and they actually saved lives not just then but after the war when conflict though precariously close and often faught through proxy wars became unthinkable and had public opinion turned against it.

Because of those actions we fear the bomb and the policians take note.

But then we are a people controlled by propeganda and of course it only takes one side to push the other too far, still I think the next nuclear exchange will happen in the middle east or from the middle east.
edit on 29-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
i can not blame them,, if russia falls so will the hope brics brings to the world and the controllers will control everything ,can we all afford to let russia fail ???????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'd be surprised if every nuclear capable nation didn't have some sort of "last resort" here in the UK our nuclear subs have sealed hand written letters from the prime minister telling them what to do in the event of the UK being nuked and they are unable to get any clear orders from any UK forces and they could be to join with other nations or nuke everything who knows

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

They are to report to friendly port's, Antarctic facility, Canada, New Zealand, Australia to protect those country's and scuttle she boat's rather than let them fall into hostile hand's but the RAN are then to be considered as in charge with the use of the nuclear deterrant as a last resort even then.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

The HIDDEN HAND that engineered the previous two world wars is at it again. WORLD WAR 3 IS NOT FAR OFF.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Not really a reputable source. Been hoaxed myself on an article of hers.

Putin Issues Feared “Dead Hand” Order As Global War Nears

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Edit - I'm speaking of the EU Times story, not the Wiki info.

did you click the 'source' link at the bottom of that article...?

propaganda leading to propaganda with links inside towards propaganda

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

and how did our "dear leaders" get into power.....?...so destruction of everyone and everything is better than losing...far out what do they still have a 6 year olds mindset ?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why cant we the people arrest our warlords I mean leaders for war crimes and hand them over to the Hague. I would love to see Putin and Obama share a prison cell. They have their own war by pillow fighting each other until there are no more feathers left. Perhaps then the world can have peace!

top topics

join