It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli airstrikes within an hour, completely leveled.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How do you eliminate Hamas without killing civilians?

Ground invasion with Israeli troops. This is a war and in war there are always civilian casualties. America's invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq killed how many civilians? Look it up and Israel's offensive pales in comparison.

Normally with this type of counter insurgency asymmetric warfare a ground invasion will happen and the enemy, Hamas, will be hunted down and captured or killed usually after airpower and artillery strikes. The occupying force, Israeli army in this case, will occupy the territory, Gaza, and provide security.

This is a bloody and dangerous task for the invading ground forces and they could take significant losses depending on how strong, well trained and determined the defending force is. In short this type of warfare can be a bloodbath for both sides and considering the level of hatred on both sides indiscriminate killings are a real risk as the invading forces incur losses and seek revenge. Winning so called hearts and minds is a strategy however Israel will find this difficult with Gaza because of the bloody hate filled history.

So at this point the conflict will continue and go round in circles as it has done for decades, until both sides get serious about wanting real peace and an end to the hostilities. Which will probably be a long time in the future in my view.
edit on 2-8-2014 by JimTSpock because: spell

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: Flatcoat

I found your post amusing, not death. Shall we continue our discussion?

How do we eliminate Hamas without killing civilians? I'd really like to find a solution.

To that I don't have an answer, but Israel has one of the most advanced militarys in the world, and possibly the most feared intelligence service as well. With that in mind, this level of "collateral damage" is totally unacceptable. It almost appears intentional.

Well you are proposing that Israel stop going about the situation the way that they are. You have no solution as to how they should go about this situation but yet their solution is wrong.....lol

Israel doing nothing is NOT a solution.

You have no argument.

-Alien

Any solution where 80% of the casualties are innocent civilians is wrong. You have no argument. Unless you consider 80% innocent victims acceptable losses, then you have no soul.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
horrible overuse of weapon / firepower without regards of innocent civilians casualties.

everyone , ask this question regarding this farce :

what have israel did to the USA before this, so that the US gov and its allies totally supporting this gaza debacle ?

i mean, Israel must have done some diety work somewhere for uncle sam and this is their reward, an orgy of killing without restrain and without protest by western goverments.

did Israel helped the West by covertly train the Western proxy army ISIS ?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Never mess with Israel if you dont want to get bombed

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: buntalanlucu

I suppose the West is afraid of radical Islam more than they despise Israel.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: Flatcoat

I found your post amusing, not death. Shall we continue our discussion?

How do we eliminate Hamas without killing civilians? I'd really like to find a solution.

To that I don't have an answer, but Israel has one of the most advanced militarys in the world, and possibly the most feared intelligence service as well. With that in mind, this level of "collateral damage" is totally unacceptable. It almost appears intentional.

Well you are proposing that Israel stop going about the situation the way that they are. You have no solution as to how they should go about this situation but yet their solution is wrong.....lol

Israel doing nothing is NOT a solution.

You have no argument.

-Alien

Any solution where 80% of the casualties are innocent civilians is wrong. You have no argument. Unless you consider 80% innocent victims acceptable losses, then you have no soul.
Your comments are vapid. You continue to provide no better solution to the problem you are discussing therefore it is evident you have no better solution therefore you have no argument....If you disagree and you believe you have an argument then by all means please present your solution and show me that you have an arguement .

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

A large part of my frustration comes from the fact you have observed. There are great number of people (too many, in my opinion) who have no idea how to solve a problem, but they are certain that any step Israel takes is monstrous or inhumane.

If Israel does something that no can find any fault with a particular action, it must be because Israel was forced to it against their will by the noble warriors of Allah.

Unfortunately, these people have so specialized in finding a way to condemn Israel that they cannot find anything wrong in their side's behavior.

If Hamas was interested in peace, and it's becoming increasingly clear from their words and actions that they're not, they would call a conference and say something like:

"Hey, you guys have screwed up, we've screwed up, that's why we're in this mess. So, OK. If we launch rockets you kill our people, and yours have to live in bomb shelters. How about, we don't launch any more rockets, and promise to give up plans to destroy you. On your side, you promise not to shell us or ever try to destroy us. In addition, it would be nice if you could give our people some humanitarian supplies and help us rebuild. If we can come up with some way to prove there aren't going to be any more launches (Yeah, we haven't been too good about keeping our promises), do we have a deal?"

I think Israel would say "Shake, podner," (in Yiddish) in a second and a half.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join