It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooky CCTV footage captures ‘ghost’ at theatre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Spooky CCTV footage has emerged from an Essex theatre that appears to show a chair moving all on its own – just hours after a psychic medium took to the stage.

In the clip, recorded on security cameras at the Brookside Theatre in Romford on Sunday morning, a chair moves backwards unaided and a table appears to get pulled as orbs of light float across the room.

spooky video

This one has a little more stuff: Daily Mail
edit on 7/29/2014 by lindalinda because: another link

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well......really?

I mean heck, a 5 yr. old could pull off a moving chair bit. A little bit of fishing wire and a knot and you have yourself an instant poltergeist.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Not spectacular and without knowing the folks involved there is nothing definitive... though some of us know this stuff happens and it's old hat anyway.

I will say, though, that if I were constructing a hoax for a video (if I lost respect for truth and decided to fool others to boost my ego, that is) I would make something more... interesting.

So thanks for bringing it to the site... and I won't deride it. This stuff, while relatively rare, does, in fact, happen.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda I feel sorry for the way you've been treated there. I'm sure you were sincere. So I enjoyed it and thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No worries! I found the video interesting and wanted to share it. The fact that someone jumped to view it and post negatively within 4 minutes I find a little odd but it doesn't bother me. Personally I don't think a 5-year-old could recreate that video, remaining off-camera, complete with darting orbs and the moving podium (I know, it is partly out of camera range so obviously a prank, right?).

Glad you enjoyed it.

reply to: Alien44

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lindalinda

Spooky CCTV footage has emerged from an Essex theatre that appears to show a chair moving all on its own – just hours after a psychic medium took to the stage.

In the clip, recorded on security cameras at the Brookside Theatre in Romford on Sunday morning, a chair moves backwards unaided and a table appears to get pulled as orbs of light float across the room.

spooky video

This one has a little more stuff: Daily Mail

This looks real. The medium Kevin Lee and myself go ghost-hunting occasionally and we have seen a char moving by itself.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I checked out the YouTube account. It was only created for that one video , what's the point of adding one video , if that theatre has a website. My opinion on this one is "fake"

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There was a medium event that night or the night before, I'd say the staff got a little excited and pulled a prank.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz
I checked out the YouTube account. It was only created for that one video , what's the point of adding one video , if that theatre has a website. My opinion on this one is "fake"
I'll see if I can find anything the theatre is abt 3 miles away from me

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't think that being their first video proves anything. Assuming I found the right website, it shows that the theater is tiny, max 100 seats, which is nothing. This is probably the first time they had something like this on video.

The theater wouldn't have the rights to post video of the productions held there, so doesn't have much reason to post videos.

Note this comment they left on someone else's video: "Can I suggest that you remove all of the clips you have of Disco Inferno The Musical off Youtube .. you have broken copyright law and the contract with Josef Weinbergers by recording the musical and could be sued for a lot of money and we are in the process of having all clips removed from YouTube!!"

a reply to: JustKoz

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
How do you propose they created the various darting orbs? a reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

they didnt create bugs flying....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What I am curious about is why he would check the security cameras in the first place?

It is an interesting catch on camera, but I don't see how anyone could judge either way.
I do find it interesting that a medium was doing a show there the night before, but that could just lead to a practice joke as someone already said.
It could go either way as spirits do move things around sometimes,
but so do people.

What matters to me in this video is why he checked the cameras.
If you have ever had to check security cameras before, you know what kind of a pain it is to watch the screen for hours,even if you know what you are looking for.

Did someone suggest to him to check? If so, it is probably a practical joke.
I can't see anyone checking a camera over a chair falling over the night before,
It is just not that big of a deal to do all of that searching IMO.

on the flip side,
you just never know.

Also after reading the 2nd article, I am a bit more open to it being something paranormal. If they have had prior reports of such things, it leads to a more likely possibility of it being something out of the norm.

s&f
edit on 9-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good question, but maybe someone heard the chair moving and checked the tape after finding nobody there.

ETA:
I checked the story and it says the chair moved at 4 a.m. so obviously nobody heard it, and also obviously no 5-year-old on the premises who knew there was a camera on.

But this is why they checked the tape:

'The only reason we checked the CCTV was because we came in on Sunday morning and the chair was out of line,' he said.
'One of the last things I do when I close up is line-up all the chairs so I knew something had happened. It had clearly moved.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... OOe

a reply to: Darkblade71

edit on 8/15/2014 by lindalinda because: looked at the link

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yeah, I caught that part after I posted.

Certainly an interesting story.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join