It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Water Main Break In Los Angeles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The link says it all - the video of the stairway 'waterfall' is quite impressive, as is the gusher.

LA Water Main Break

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

So much for 'the truth' in their water shortage, huh?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So much for that water conservation idea . . .

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Calling ALL Water Cops !?!?!?

AND

Public-Service-Announcement: "FREE WATER - B.Y.O.B."
( bring your own bucket )

edit on 29-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I live in the Owens valley where much of L.A. Gets their water, this is a damn shame. I face fines even here for watering before 7 p.m. Even though this valley is full of natural water. L.A. Has been stealing our water for the last 60 (?) years, most of the land here, which is over 200 miles away from L.A. Is owned by the Los Angeles department of water and power(LADWP)

Sidenote; because LADWP owns so much land, there are very few parcels of privately owned land, which makes this place nearly impossible to buy a home in, unless you've got mad $$$.

. . . but I guess most of CA is super expensive too . . .

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Is Nestle Waters Inc, affected by water restrictions as well i wonder??

Looked at the back of my Arrowhead water and noticed all the California springs listed.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: palmalBlue2

Looked at the back of my Arrowhead water and noticed all the California springs listed.

Nestle gets their water from one of the great lakes. Which is another whole controversy. Lake levels are hugely down.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sucks because that's the way it always is, I grew up in florida and I remember the decade of drought, Pasco county was farms and ranches, many went under because the water was sucked out from under them so old people in Clearwater could water their lawns twice a day.

took 2 decades of non-stop lawsuits to fix the system and force them into other means to get fresh water.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So much for 'the truth' in their water shortage

Are you seriously claiming that a city of millions of people doesn't need all the water?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So 200 year old pipes...Soon as we have our big earthquake, should be interesting to se how our water system holds out.
Glad I have 80 gallons ready just incase.
edit on 29-7-2014 by jamesmm791 because: change a few words

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamesmm791
So 200 year old pipes...Soon as we have our big earthquake, should be interesting to se how our water system holds out.

And the dirty little secret is the pipe is called transite pipe and what are the ingredients of this pipe you ask? Asbestos... Now theres a class action suit for a bunch of bloodthirsty Lawyers that matches no other class action suit.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Nestle gets their water from one of the great lakes. Which is another whole controversy. Lake levels are hugely down.

Not according to my bottle of water.... The tiny print on the side that lists the springs, under that is Nestle Waters North America inc.

I knew about the great lakes, but even then....do companies face restrictions as well?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Not according to my bottle of water.... The tiny print on the side that lists the springs, under that is Nestle Waters North America inc.

I knew about the great lakes, but even then....do companies face restrictions as well?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I can tell you from personal experience Arrowhead doesn't come from a spring they have the biggest RO system known to man, this old guy has seen it.

Do a little google this is supposed to be a big deal because lake levels are falling, and I forget the story but China is involved in some way. Here it is Source

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Thanks for the article, I do remember being flabbergasted at the idea of China taking our water.

I'll have to see if I can find an older thread that discussed that issue as well.

But for this thread... If I lived in Cali. with all thats going on with the severe drought, water resrictions, etc and now this main break in LA, I would be pissed to know that a company could still bottle up and sell the water out of state.

Thats why I asked about do companies have restrictions as well?

www.nestle-watersna.com...

The above link is to a Arrowhead document entitled "Bottled Water Quality Report".
Look on page three, entitled "Sources of Water", specifically paragraphs one and three.
This source should give you all the information I mentioned.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'd like to think they do . . . but I doubt it. That's a cash cow, there.

a reply to: palmalBlue2

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

a reply to: MarlinGrace

Thanks for the article, I do remember being flabbergasted at the idea of China taking our water.

I'll have to see if I can find an older thread that discussed that issue as well.

But for this thread... If I lived in Cali. with all thats going on with the severe drought, water resrictions, etc and now this main break in LA, I would be pissed to know that a company could still bottle up and sell the water out of state.

Thats why I asked about do companies have restrictions as well?

www.nestle-watersna.com...

The above link is to a Arrowhead document entitled "Bottled Water Quality Report".
Look on page three, entitled "Sources of Water", specifically paragraphs one and three.
This source should give you all the information I mentioned.

As I said in my post I have been there and seen it. If anyone thinks they drive a tanker truck up and down the mountains all day in So Cal traffic bringing water to the masses then they don't think logically. I can also tell you bottled water tests differently throughout the year. I did water testing in So. Cal. for the car wash industry and used bottled water for comparison. When it's all said and done, and having a few years of experience, everything i cook with and drink is distilled. And distilled through my own distiller. I don't drink tap, bottled, or filtered water.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There are no water restrictions on private owned wells in calif.

If you own a well you can pump all you want.

Arrowhead water comes from company owned wells not springs.

Yes there were springs but the company put in wells and pumped them dry.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamesmm791

Yeah, thats a major issue all across the country, crumbling infrastructure. Eventually they're going to have to fix it, and when they do, water bills will go way up. It makes that country house with septic tank and well look a whole lot more sensible.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a damn shame really, but why in the world did it take them 4 hours to turn it off? 4 hours?? shouldn't there be separate points with valves to shut off the water in case of a break somewhere in the line?.

heck I would turn off the main line altogether from the source rather than sitting around while 38 million liters of water go to waste like that even if it means a lot of people will have no water till it is fixed. a few angry people is still better than wasting so much water.

I might be wrong with all that but there must have been a better way to handle this instead of gawking around like frogs while the water goes to waste.

top topics

join