It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in Scranton Pennsylvania are currently holding a kidnap victim against her will, to ensure th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
She wouldn't be a “material witness” if the case could be prosecuted without her. Obviously, if she drops the charges he is going to walk, and that is the only thing keeping him in jail atm.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

ok, but as i said, there are still alternatives to putting her in a cell.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Wrongful imprisonment.......Million dollar lawsuit coming in....3...2...1...The PTB want to push the limits to see what people will put up with and what they cry out over.

Just like the countless news story scandals rocking the government every week it seems. Apathy and fear are what drive this population today.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
If she wasn't being a hostile witness, she could most likely just stay at home. She is creating her own conditions by refusing to cooperate. When you see people being put up in hotels and assigned officers those are people who are willing witnesses that are in danger, not ones giving the state a hard time after asking them to get involved in the first place. I can also pretty much guarantee you this isn't the first time around between the police and this couple, I'll bet you anything she has a known track record for calling the police, then refusing to press charges. After some point the state isn't just going to keep sending officers into harms way to be referees (domestics are statistically the most dangerous calls police get), they are going to make sure it goes to trial. As she's not cooperating, and is costing them money, they are not going to spend more on her or be cooperative in return.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

there's also an independent witness who can testify...

again, there are options that don't involve a jail cell...i don't think sticking her in a concrete cell behind bars is really going to make her want to cooperate...she's obviously got a screw loose....

they should get her checked out, and either put her into "protective custody" somewhere that isn't a prison cell, or fit her with a tracker, and restrict her movements..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Why do they have to coperate?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
THe whole aliens thing has me wondering....
Is this guy a member here? Has anyone suddenly disappeared?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
they should get her checked out, and either put her into "protective custody" somewhere that isn't a prison cell, or fit her with a tracker, and restrict her movements..

That's going to be expensive, and cost the PD and state money for the simple reason that she doesn't want to cooperate.

originally posted by: onequestion
Why do they have to coperate?

Then don't call the police to rescue you when you get in trouble. She involved them, but only wanted them to come to her aid until she decided that she didn't want to see anything happen to her attacker. You can't have it both ways, that's not the police's job. They aren't marriage councilors or referees. If you pull that nonsense with them repeatedly, you get a rep, and they'll be inclined to make sure that someone (or both parties) go downtown. In most domestic calls the police will take one or both to jail anyway, and they do it for this exact reason. Again, police don't like responding to domestics, they are the most dangerous calls they have to take.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This is not directed at you but i dont care if they like responding to domestics or not thats what they signed up for.

I still did not read a valid reason for why she has to cooperate.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

that is an EXCELLENT question...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

so you take someone who has been psychologically and physically abused, and instead of trying to help them, you toss them in a hole, and subject them to MORE psychological abuse?

real smart....

if they NEED to detain her, maybe she should be detained in a psych ward, or some kind of dedicated mental health facility....like i said, she's obviously got a screw loose....or is that too expensive as well?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join