It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter, Wikileaks alert.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Now this may be a complete stretch on my part but....does anybody know what these countries have in common???

MH370

Just sayin...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It just seems like these whistle-blowers aren't revealing anything significant anymore...but keep acting like they're going to reveal some huge groundbreaking thing, which never actually comes...

The one thing that was revealed that was truly significant was the extent of the NSA internet surveillance...since them it's been as I describe above, big hype without much substance...I do hope there is more substantial information to come, though...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa
Thank you for the reply.
Well explained

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Except for how much money Assange is making off wikileak leaks for his personal use.

What's wrong with him exploiting the government for money? They do it to us on a daily basis. I applaud him for that as well.. Get rich...at least one of us will be able to make a profit from the government as opposed to them promising us everything and than stealing in return. Democrats and Republican's ...you both sVck!
edit on 30-7-2014 by Illuminawty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illuminawty
a reply to: Xcathdra

Except for how much money Assange is making off wikileak leaks for his personal use.

What's wrong with him exploiting the government for money? They do it to us on a daily basis. I applaud him for that as well.. Get rich...at least one of us will be able to make a profit from the government as opposed to them promising us everything and than stealing in return. Democrats and Republican's ...you both sVck!

Atleast he is actually trying to expose them aswell, everyone wants all this change but never does anything, then they ridicule the ones trying to make the change.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the TTIP/TPP or any of those massive trade deals all poised to go into effect relatively soon.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Nope its not.

The alleged crime occurred in Sweden, not the UK. The UK has no jurisdiction with the exception of extradition.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
So, what is the 'unprecedented' news..

It basically revealed nothing, no?

Corruption in politics.

Apparently this is the first time its ever occurred and has gobsmacked Assange / wikileaks.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
I only have one questions. Does this make all of us posting in this thread guilty of breaking a multi-government gag order.

If so...does anybody really care.

Des

I'll take outer planets for $500 Alex...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Illuminawty

It becomes a bit difficult to claim the moral high ground against government actions when your hand is stuck in the same cookie jar with those you are taking to task for their actions..

Julian Assange stated he wanted to hold governments accountable. That also becomes difficult when he cant hold himself accountable. his position has moved into the do as I say and not as I do realm.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Damn... I guess I will ask the stupid question here..

Can someone please explain the significance of this wikileaks release in Jhn7537 terms, I mean Layman's terms?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Can someone please explain the significance of this wikileaks release in Jhn7537 terms, I mean Layman's terms?

Apparently the nations listed have nationals/citizens that engaged in corruption.

The Australian Court issued a gag order, barring any Australian media from reporting on any part of the incident.

The insinuation is the governments were trying to cover up the corruption by gagging the media from knowing about / reporting on it.

Thats what I got out of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: jhn7537

Apparently the nations listed have nationals/citizens that engaged in corruption.

The Australian Court issued a gag order, barring any Australian media from reporting on any part of the incident.

The insinuation is the governments were trying to cover up the corruption by gagging the media from knowing about / reporting on it.

Thats what I got out of it.

Now was the gag order for the missing flight or something different? I'm just trying to understand where this "engaged corruption" came from... What does the media know? What are they trying to hold back from the public?
edit on 30-7-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ken10

Maybe its about 'EBOLA' lockdown.

oooops. wrong thread.
edit on CDTWed, 30 Jul 2014 08:57:59 -0500u3108x159x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
People need to ask themselves what wikileaks has achieved other than promoting Assange.

Did any relevant information got released through wikileaks? No. Nothing that educated people didn't already knew.
Did any important secret that could change the course of History get revealed there? No. Nothing at all.

Only actual recordings or detailed information about things we already knew about.

I'm more and more convinced that Assange is full of s#.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Bring on the aliens!!!
Or this?
edit on 30-7-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Looks like suppression of the media in Australia over ongoing bribery allegations involving some prominent Asian officials.

WikiLeaks gag order: open justice is threatened by super-injuctions

Australian courts have increasingly been issuing suppression orders preventing the publication of legal proceedings – and an implicit dislike of the media is partly to blame

Last month, an Australian judge issued a super-duper injunction preventing the reporting of bribery allegations which involved south east Asian political figures, and in some cases their family members.

The allegations have arisen in a criminal case before the supreme court of Victoria. The super-injunction, which not only prevents publication of the allegations, but the detailed terms of the injunction itself, only came to light because WikiLeaks published the intimate details on July 29.

So while WikiLeaks, anonymous blogs and social media are buzzing with the details of these sweeping court orders, which apply Australia-wide, the mainstream media cannot trespass in this territory for fear of facing proceedings for contempt of court. This is the ludicrous nature of overreaching suppression orders, and this one is to last for five years unless earlier revoked.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
it's going to be a leak about how we're all being spied on, and spying on other countries. rand paul supporters 25 years and under will act outraged for about a week, maybe a few comments will get thrown around in the HoR. Same old bull#, different day.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I just want to know when and where it will be revealed that Australia, and perhaps other nations, are a major player in this corruption.

Why else would Australia give two shi*s about stifling corruption involving the three named countries?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

If I'm not mistaken, the TTIP is just a trade deal between the EU and the US. I don't think this has anything to do with that. But it's possible.

I have a theory on this.

There is something screwy going on within the Asian Development Bank. Perhaps they are embezzling money from that fund and greasing the palms of politicians.

Just a theory. I'm, probably way off.

edit on 7/30/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: To fix my comment that confused Assange with Snowden

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join