It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Gets 90 Day Stay To Order Striking Handgun Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
NEWSMAX

Somehow I didn't think they would give up this easy, Mayor Vincent Gray plans to draft legislation that would comply with the court ruling. I wonder what kind of legislation they can produce to get the desired effect they want. Sometime in the within next 90 days we shall find out. DC has gotten so pathetic they are their own worst enemy.

Any lawyers want to hazard a guess as to what they will write as new law?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I thank God everyday I don't live in D.C. Biggest bunch of morons on the planet rule from their useless seats there.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
I thank God everyday I don't live in D.C. Biggest bunch of morons on the planet rule from their useless seats there.

Living reasonably close I can say in all honesty it is a miserable place to go. The only part about DC i like, is leaving.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I am not sure what type of legislation they can come up with to satisfy the DC governments ban on handguns in public. The ruling is simple and straight forward.

Laws prevent a person from carrying a firearm into Federal buildings and Court houses.

DC's law was essentially "Yes you have a right to own a firearm but you have no right to carry it outside your residence". The court said no, you cant do that.

The only thing left is to draft laws, which imo are already n place, prohibiting a person from carrying a firearm into schools, theaters, government buildings, mall, et etc etc.

Personally I think what we are seeing in DC could possibly shatter the governments view of the people being scared of government instead of government being scared of the people.

Think about it - DC and those who reside there never really had to worry about gun crimes because of the draconian laws in place. They (government) could watched what's going on in the states knowing in DC they had tighter control over it.

Now that the possibility of citizens living in DC are able to own and carry, I am sure our elected officials are in a panic.

Of course that's just a guess / observation.

Then there is always the possibility of our Dear Leader Kim wrong Obama using executive action to void the judicial branch. I mean why not, he's already doing it with the Legislative branch.

Maybe if the government didnt act like a bunch of no talent a** clowns their popularity might just inch up into the double digit realm.

edit on 30-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
lol. what law is capable of preventing someone bend on murder from carrying a gun into one of these gun free zones? laws are for the lawful. there is no law that the lawless will respect.

and since murder, robbery and so forth are already unlawful what is the benefit of making an additional law or laws in response to this decision?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

A law like that does not exist because it ignores the fundamental principle that not everyone will comply with a law.

If I am not mistaken, just like Chicago and their idiotic laws, DC's crime rate was also up there.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i suppose a law that said every door, every window, every duct and utility access of buildings designated gun free zones shall have on penalty of death of every administrator and politician in charge (who wrote, voted Yea or signed said law) an infallible gun and gun part and ammo detector attached to a claymore antipersonnel mine. might work. but no; it's easier to make a stupid symbolic unenforcible law that ensures the victims of murderers will be defenseless. unenforcable in the sense that the lawless will violate it anyway and such laws are meant to *PREVENT* masacres. sure you can prosecute someone who violates it. but that's after they have murdered everyone in the building if they are a murderer. and if they aren't a murderer then you are prosecuting someone who otherwise would not be a criminal and everyone involved was not threatened or in any danger. great.
edit on 30-7-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

"Dear Leader Kim wrong Obama"

Now that is priceless...

When it is a done deal and you can once again own and carry in DC, it will be interesting to see if the crime rate goes down, if they will report it.

top topics

join