It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Post's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

To undermine traditional values? How the hell do homosexuals undermine someone else's traditional values?

Personaly, I think it's just an excuse to bash homosexuals...

I agree....I always laugh when I hear this...it so stupidly ridiculous. Nothing anyone else does is going to lesson my relationship or marriage. And they are in no way capable of undermining traditional values....just like using the bible as an excuse...this is just another way of justifying hating those different than yourself...it sad that people can't just mind their own damn business and stayout of other peoples bedroom

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Now that that's cleared up - (Thanks for the comment marg
) - I'd have to say while I understand and share your frustration Neo....This problem here on ATS regarding the bashing of people for their lifestyle is something almost all message boards thrive on...

Yeah, the only problem is that being gay is not a lifestyle but a state some are born in. Discussing the subjects that surround gay people, and making people aware of what being gay is (a lot of ATsers still think it's a choice), is enough reason for these threads to exist.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Since this is the hot topic....I'm sure many of you are aware of this thread, but I believe it's the one we're all referencing but not providing a link to:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How far is too far??

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Yeah, the only problem is that being gay is not a lifestyle but a state some are born in. Discussing the subjects that surround gay people, and making people aware of what being gay is (a lot of ATsers still think it's a choice), is enough reason for these threads to exist.

True....That is a huge misnomer some people have...

False conceptions based off of an inadequate eduction?! Who'da thunk it?!

But obviously some are born with it and some make it their choice....Either way, they're usually one and the same - Of course, then you have women trapped in mens bodies and so on....Issues such as those are certainly more focused on pre-existing conditions in the brain....

[edit on 12/3/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
As EnronOutrunHomerun stated many think that Gays have an agenda to undermine traditional values. So I would call that a conspiracy.

'An agenda to undermine traditional values' - LMFAO. The arguments used - this being a fine example - to justify gay bashing are quite frankly pathetic. And no, I would definetly not call it a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
:s im going to have to get used to this forum lol, i have never expresed myself as many of you do
lol. I am gonna have to watch and learn i think.

Regards,
Neo

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
some posts are gay though...

gay is being used as an adjective ATSers

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yes I agree that some post like the link above can show how some will bring the gay issue to create a hate atmosphere, and that is wrong.

The thread was used to target gays and that is the truth.

Thanks to one of the moderators that opened another thread to counteract that one.

Still threads like that attract a lot of hate filled people to bash what they don't understand.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hehe, while I was on the plane back from San Francisco a few weeks ago I saw a sample of the "gay agenda"... an episode of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" where the team tried to transform a heavyset, overalls-clad, shaggy-bearded, beer-belching artist into someone hip for his first gallery exhibition...
They did a fine job, the guy probably picked up a girlfriend because of it!

And btw... I agree with BlackJackal (who is a conservative while I'm a liberal, but I enjoy debating with him even though he trounced me in the last debate tournament
) - having opposite views on this board brings muscled debate, and this is what this board is for.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
There has been a rather colorful discussion of "The Homosexual Agenda" here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The reason that this should be a topic of interest at ATS is that for at least 4000 or so years there has been an ebb and flow of homosexual influence on society. For more than the first half of the last century, homosexuality was largely "underground" in America. Then, in June of '69, ironically, in Greenwich Village, while cops tried to close down the mafia-run Stonewall Inn for operating without a license, a large group of homosexuals started a series of "violent events," including a riot that was to become a battle cry for the "Gay Rights" movement.

Since that time, society has undergone massive changes in its norms regarding acceptable sexual conduct. These changes did not begin with "Stonewall," but the gay community has been notably more militant and aggressive since "Stonewall" and the offensive has had enormous effects on almost every facet of American culture.

That so many people would deny that there is an agenda is, I think, justificaton for a discussion of this nature on a conspiracy site, as it is ludicrous that any movement could possibly make any progress without at least some semblance of one. Many argue that this book has served as an explication of the movement's goal and tactics, which might otherwise be called an agenda:

After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's

I realize that this explanation will not soothe those who are so hostile to a discussion of this nature, but I would hope that those who wish to be heard on this topic, will post to this thread to get beyond the hostility and enlighten the subject just a little.

For those who prefer lighter fare, I offer you this:

The Homosexual Agenda

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeroQuake

Originally posted by Neodaemon
"...I have to put up with living around homophobic people almost all the time..."

Uggh, stupid. I hate it when people use Homophobic. Homophobic, let me break it down. Homo=Same, Phobia=Uncontrollable fear of. Thus, Homophobia= Fear of things that are the same. Thus, they'd be afriad of Spaghetti, having more than one slice of one kind of pizza. More than one glass of a drink, etc...So please, think before you post.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by AeroQuake]

Homophobia is the accepted term for people who hate or fear homosexuality or homosexuals, be they gay or lesbian.

Let me break it down:

Paedophilia: Paedo=children. Philia=love. Thus the love of children. I don't think any of us would call what they do love, yet we use the term.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neodaemon
What does a person choosing to be gay have to do with conspiracies? Please tell me if im missing something here.

In this lies the problem. Its not a option, if we as humans could not fear what we dont understand, we could move on to a better place. Where people could be people and live with peace of mind in what every thier life desions are.

There has been some great "gay" people in the worlds history. Its nothing new just something diffrent.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Gays did not choose to be gay...they have the right to live and be happy like everybody else
If a person is sick or has a arm missing, it's different than the rest of society but we accept it
It should be the same for gays
I really like gays, I have absolutely no problems with them, they are a big portion of the world and we should all respect that! final point

BTW, I think that 2 sexy chicks lesbian is more acepted than two old guys...you see some prejudice in that! me yes.....

Love
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
While some grops of gays have agendas...(same for almost any lable) , I dislike calling it a consipracy unless they are doing it in an underhand manner.....
had fun doing this:
www.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join