It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every dream I have is so vivid and real.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've been having very vivid dreams for over a year now. Even though they are vivid and seem so real, I always know that I'm dreaming because of the content of my dreams. Some of my vivid dreams are so horrible and terrifying, but most of the time my vivid dreams are strange and pure fantasy.

It's makes me feel like I'm not so much of a weirdo knowing that I'm not the only one having these kind of dreams.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its weird that you make this post .
Ive been thinking about this these past days .i always visit the same places in my dreams like if it was my second home ..so weird ..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have had very vivid dreams all of my life. Lucid dreams as well...an very colorful dreams of long duration and they would be so vivid and seemed more real sometimes than my daytime waking. I like what Whitley Strieber had to say relevant to dreams and what aliens said to him once...that "I am the dreamer and you are the dream". Kinda creepy.

Are we all in a dream and what really is reality? Dreams and other dimensions...that is interesting to think about too...do we go "elsewhere" for a bit, in our sleep? Cool topic!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's interesting to become aware that you're just dreaming, and continuing to go on with it. This happens to me sometimes.

I can even choose whether to wake up or not. Other times I cannot, or don't realize that I am just dreaming.

I think there is a lot about dreaming that we humans have yet to fully understand. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered

Weird sense, indeed. Any post that I've tried to access in regards to Astr0, I get 404'd. I understand the post is up for review, but now I'm curious about the other full-time lurkers, like myself, who have connected with that post - feeling compelled to re-activate their account. I've done my fair share of searches; "feels like I live another life in dreams" or "feel like I don't get any sleep because I'm living another life in my dreams and IT'S EXHAUSTING," but didn't get any kind of answer that seemed to make sense.

I'm amused at all of this and can't believe that this is what brought me out of lurker status. Maybe I just felt like I was finally privy to an answer to the dreams that don't correspond to my waking life. Fun ride!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OllyOllyOxen

Yeah. The more I think about that astr0 post the more it makes sense in the strangest ways.

Lets just, 'hypothetically', that mind control technology exists, mental programming is real, and remote mind control technology (like ELF) exists.

With computers, we have systems that offload computations to other bigger computers to do the real work. Siri is a great example of this, you speak a command, it gets sent to some massive supercomputer somewhere, the supercomputer processes your voice and answers the question, then sends you back the response. This is well known. Also, there are massively-parallel architectures that spread computations across many computers to solve problems. In fact, you can donate unused cpu cycles to projects that do stuff like this.

We have all of these people who turn their brains off 1/3 of the day to "sleep". The reasons we do this are not 100% understood. Part of it is clearing toxins from your brain, and supposedly restructuring memories. Also, you need the physical rest for your muscles. However, as we are all experiencing, during some phases of sleep the brain is actually active, if not MORE active than awake. Maybe while our muscles rebuild, we are still asleep but our brains don't really need to be. Either way, our brains get turned on in our sleep, this is well known too.

Think about it, in a dream your brain is supposedly experiencing all 5 senses and creating the sensory input at the same time. In my case, this is extremely accurate and information can be persistent across many dreams. Your brain activity is skyrocketing in your sleep, your brain gets turned on!

Now most of us cant even remember our dreams, maybe we are NOT dreaming!! Maybe our brain is turned on at night but we have been networked and programmed together like a massively-parallel network architecture similar to the deep-neural networks at Google. Then, someone sends out some computation, all of our dreaming minds are programmed and networked together to distribute the work and solve it! This is an intriguing hypothesis! We would NEVER EVEN KNOW we were doing this all of this computational work!!

This HAS to be from a movie or something....

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There is something very strange i saw posted somewhere online years ago but can not ffind it. There was someone posting a link to some post of a person who said when they sleep they travel to a different world. They said this dream world they would live a normal day then go back to sleep and wake up here then not get there till they went to sleep again. They said they lived two lives and it confused them they seemed unsure if this world was even real but they said both seemed real. The life they have here they were not happy with and they talked of killing themselves and they just stopped responding after a goodbye message saying they were going to stay in that world. .it could have just been a troll but the way they wrote it sounded like they actually beleived what they said.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm not on any meds, I don't smoke and I'm not taking chantix. It's just what I've been doing for a long time now.

I forgot to mention, when I'm having a bad dream, I tell myself it's a dream and yell "wake up! wake up!" it takes me a while to actually wake up though...

Hey, this could be a fun project! anyone who is interested in meeting each other in the astral world, let me know! maybe we can see if we can find each other

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

Sometimes when i was younger i had a dream i could not wake up from till i finished a task in the dream even though i around the same time had the ability to wake myself up from dreams. It felt like being trapped.

There are shared dream meeting spots actually. Basically you have to think of a location to meet up. People either use a real well known location or use a fictional space from an image to focus on before sleep to try to go there

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Rarely post, couldn't resist.

I have always had vivid dreams, usually remember them in detail, and reoccurring sometimes.

As of the past few years they have become more lucid, I can actually realize I'm dreaming and manipulate them.

Oddly enough, I can wake up and dive right back into the dreams.

Figured there were others, keep dreaming! (:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join