It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every dream I have is so vivid and real.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

Yes, yes I do. It started a while ago, very lucid dreams. Only, lately, I've been able to start controlling them. Consciously deciding what to do. They are extremely real.

Just a few days ago, I remember asking myself it I was dreaming or not, it was that real. When I did realize I was dreaming, I changed the environment of the dream I was into.

Lately, I have also dreamed that I was dreaming, or dreaming in my dream. Realizing this when I woke up, I automatically thought of Inception..

So, yes, you are definitely not alone.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Yeah vivid nightmares suck! I usually wake up with my heart racing and I'm out of breath.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It would be nice to have good dreams for once.
The only dreams I have anymore are end of the world, apocalyptic type of every scenario imaginable . They are very graphic and realistic. I can feel the emotions I have in them, most times I have more emotion running through me while I dream than in real life. Scares me sometimes. Been going on since I was a little girl. I never have any other type of dream.
Hope you are able to enjoy yours though

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight13
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Yeah vivid nightmares suck! I usually wake up with my heart racing and I'm out of breath.

The emotions that go with it can make them pretty rough too. I've woken up crying before because of a bad dream I was having. Pain feels real in my dreams, just as much so as touch & smells

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I'm jealous, if I'm lucky I'll have about one 'somewhat' dream a week.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Try bringing that experience to the DAYTIME, why? Because it doesn't matter if you do not.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Just a small side note on lucid dreaming from my own experience:

I didn't have that many of them yet and in the majority of them the part were i really controlled them was pretty short (subjectively, since it's hard to estimate durations in a dream).

From what i experienced the lucid dreams i had were rather just that, a controlled dream. More vivid then usual dreams? Yes! But nothing compared to more reality like dreams the OP describes and which i also know.

Of course a trained lucid dreamer will have more reality-like, more vivid lucid dreams, i guess or at least can turn a rather casual dream into something like that but what i wanted to point out is, that lucid dreaming itself doesn't necessarily affect the kind of dream (i.e. the quality of realism in it).

In fact, when you start to train lucid dreaming it's rather vice versa. You need triggers, that tell you, that you are actually dreaming, to get aware of it and these triggers are often things, that only can happen in a dream.

For me this distinction between both types of dreams is pretty important because even if you didn't happen to have lucid dreams at all (well, from what i reat, most researches today believe, that you naturally have them at least several times a week if not every night but you just can't remember them, which can be trained ofc) you can still have dreams, that seem to be very realistic (but without taking control by yourself).

Sometimes dreams are only dreams
but i do think, that there's a lot of things, we don't know yet about our own consciousness and the connection to our REM-state/our dreaming.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Dreams are not "just dreams"..as we have all been lead to believe. They are our astral bodies visiting other dimensions and realities. Every one of us does it..but some are more vivid than others..the past few years this has increased..almost like a forced awakening, with people having their third eye crowbarred open.

I too have felt the same as you. You are not alone.

So..there are infinite dimensions and realities, as there are infinite versions/shades of you (self) kinda like..you are a beach..and every grain of sand is living an alternate life at the exact same time..past present future etc. You could in one reality meet someone and marry them..and in another you break up..but both exist..now.

In relation to animals and feelings..I found miles t johnsons series on youtube called bases that might open some doors.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I wish I could stay in the world which we know as our dreams. Seams to me that it's the only place in the world that has the potential to make sense.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Ahh yes the dream world. My ultimate playground.

Enjoy as much add you can because it's our last refuge. I don't say that lightly.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i always thought it would be super-cool if somehow many dreamers could meet in the dream realm, a sort of 'collective unconscious' gathering of minds in dream form. that would be neat.

Which would prove that we all go to the same place when we dream. I was looking for this many years back, but never found anything that states that two people actually met in their dreams and were aware of that the morning after..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You arent having any other things going on are you? Trouble distinguishing dreams from reality if it happens too much may indicate mental health issues. However its also normal to get confused time to time.

Do you meditate?
Take melatonin suplaments?
Have any meds or do any drugs?
What position do you sleep in?
Has anything chamged before you had vivid dreams?
Do you eat or drink something before bed?

I want to remember my dreams better because i have more nightmares when i do not remember.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
dont forget cheese ,that gives me very vivid dreams
the stronger the cheese the better the dream
danish blue is really good for vivid dreams
a reply to: brianporter

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

All my life! And like you and another poster said, the "dreamland" is a place that I know my way around, with people I "know" - and serial events - almost like a tv drama series...carries on from night to night.

Nearly EVERY night. Very vivid.

I've had that thing where in my dream I am "dreaming", too.

Haven't changed the scenery or circumstances - but I'm in control of what I do in my dreams. And I'm always "me." I don't turn into animals or anything like that. When it's a nightmare I usually wake myself up - right before the impact.

I've believed for a long time it is astral projection...as for whether we can "dream together" - it would be cool to exchange "maps" of our dreamlands.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Are any of you familiar with the recent post by Astr0? You can find it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems interesting that I've been having these same thoughts, curious about dreams, and found that post by Astr0, as well as this one. Wonder if there's some connection?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OllyOllyOxen

That... Well that makes a weird amount of sense.

I have super-super vivid dreams, a few a night. I often confuse dream events and places with real ones. I thought lucid dreaming would help, so I learned that and my dreams got even more vivid. I mean like, more real than real life.

Eventually it got so perfectly, exactly, similar to waking life that my lucid dreaming tests would fail. I would think "I may be dreaming, test it" in a dream and consciously decide it was real life. Inversely, I would get confused as to whether I am dreaming in real life. It can really negatively affect your mood ("oh its all some dumb dream anyway"), and it can be terrifying when you have a nightmare.

Try NOT using a computer, drinking sugar, drinking caffeine, doing drugs, drinking alcohol, drinking lots of water, reading books, playing intense games, or eating any food at least 2 hours before bed. Really just relax, be comfortable. Get a decent amount of excersize and sunlight during the day. Try to wake up at sunrise and go to sleep at sunset if possible.

You may get a deeper, more refreshing sleep. The goal is to have your brain be more active during the day and less 'active' while sleeping, then dreams are less plentiful.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Attentionwandered because: clarification

edit on 30-7-2014 by Attentionwandered because: p

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Did you just quit smoking and / or are you taking Chantix? That might explain why.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

They can meet. Look into Astral Projection.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

They can meet. Look into Astral Projection.

will do. and maybe i'll see you there

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i always thought it would be super-cool if somehow many dreamers could meet in the dream realm, a sort of 'collective unconscious' gathering of minds in dream form. that would be neat.

Which would prove that we all go to the same place when we dream. I was looking for this many years back, but never found anything that states that two people actually met in their dreams and were aware of that the morning after..

For the life of me I can't find the thread nor remember the external links (maybe someone else recalls this and can find it) but there was a post a while back about interactions in dreaming.

A certain individual was dreaming and was in a house and then looked out a large window into a wooded area beyond the house. He was surprised to see his friend standing at the edge of the wooded area, his friend waved and he waved back - end of dream. Then at some point in the future his friend told him he had a dream about him the night before where he was in the woods and came to a clearing where he saw a house and he says I saw you in the window looking back at me so I waved and then you waved back.

Love dreams, always have. I wish I could have more vivid dreams more often. I have on occasional had lucid dreams but the instant I know I have control of the dream, I wake up...sigh.

-Ninja

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join