It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please tell me the last time "Palestinians" ever controlled "Palestine"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just a brief time line for your consideration.

Before the formation of Israel the British controlled what was called Palestine and trans Jordan.
British mandate of Palestine
it was assigned to them by the League of Nations after ww1.
Before that it belonged to the Ottoman Turks and was called "Souther Syria"
And this bit from the "palestine" wikipedia page

In 1830,on the eve of Muhammad Ali's invasion,the Ottoman Porte transferred control of the sanjaks of Jerusalem and Nablus to Abdullah Pasha,the governor of Acre. According to Silverburg,in regional and cultural terms this move was important for creating an Arab Palestine detached from Syria (bilad al-Shams). According to Pappe,it was an attempt to reinforce the Syrian front in face of Muhammad Ali's invasion. [49][50]

Two years later,in 1832,Palestine was conquered by Muhammad Ali's Egypt,but in 1840,Britain intervened and returned control of the Levant to the Ottomans in return for further capitulations. The end of the 19th century saw the beginning of Zionist immigration and the Revival of the Hebrew language. The movement was publicly supported by Great Britain during World War I with the Balfour Declaration of 1917.

Before that it belonged to the Ottomans and Crusaders back and forth. Then before that the Romans. And before that the Kingdom of Judea.

So please someone tell me when exactly did the Palestinians own Palestine?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I can't answer your question but I can only add how frustrating it is seeing news artciles roping the Gazan/Palastinian civilians in this conflict between Hamas and Israel, because that's what it is. It's as if they want the public to think these innocent civilians have an involvment in this, so their deaths are 'justified' - Debated with a few people recentley with this view).

I really don't think these civilians wanted this, who would want a very unfair conflict in their 'homeland' anyway? I'm not even 100% sure if they actually did vote Hamas in or if Hamas forced their way to political power, I mean they say the Palastinian people voted them in but, you can never be too sure I guess.

I would like to also know when the people last had 'power' in their country...From what I've read the Israel/Palastine bit of land just seems to be anyones (before it was claimed as Israels), back when Jews and Muslims lived there peacefully.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Not sure what your point is here.

Lets say what youre saying is true, that one group or another has consistently enslaved or ruled over Palestine.

Does that mean that they're not entitled to being free or having the right of self-determination?

So its ok that the Israelis rule over and enslave them as well?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992

I can't answer your question but I can only add how frustrating it is seeing news artciles roping the Gazan/Palastinian civilians in this conflict between Hamas and Israel, because that's what it is. It's as if they want the public to think these innocent civilians have an involvment in this, so their deaths are 'justified' - Debated with a few people recentley with this view).

I really don't think these civilians wanted this, who would want a very unfair conflict in their 'homeland' anyway? I'm not even 100% sure if they actually did vote Hamas in or if Hamas forced their way to political power, I mean they say the Palastinian people voted them in but, you can never be too sure I guess.

I would like to also know when the people last had 'power' in their country...From what I've read the Israel/Palastine bit of land just seems to be anyones (before it was claimed as Israels), back when Jews and Muslims lived there peacefully.

if they actually did vote Hamas in

Thursday, February 2, 2006

edition.cnn.com...

"Carter said "there's a good chance" that Hamas, which has operated a network of successful social and charitable organizations for Palestinians, could become a nonviolent organization"

"Carter, who monitored last week's Palestinian elections
in which Hamas handily toppled the ruling Fatah,
added that the United States should not cut off aid to the Palestinian people,
but rather funnel it through third parties like the U.N."

they must have thought funnel meant tunnel.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Israeli Arabs are by and large very happy and content with Israel.
Israel is also sent 20 tons of food and medical aid to the Gaza Strip since the beginning of this round of violence
and has shut down the borders to things like cement and the building materials because it is going into Terror tunnels instead of humanitarian aid

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yes, yes its fantastic.

Sounds like the same arguments people used to make telling us that the institution of slavery "wasnt all that bad".

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Palestinian tourism website

Look at their own website and tell me that looks like slavery

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
actually the original palestinians were jordanian and syrian. they were so awful that jordan and syria had forced them into refugee camps at the frontiers of those two countries. when the mandate for israel was made both of those countries basically forced them out across their borders in part as a reply to Israel's creation. they were glad to be rid of the "Palestinians"

the truth is prior to the mandate there were very few people native to the area the palestinian's fable claims as an ancestral homeland. their ancestors were from jordan and syria. they are therefore syrian and jordanian. they may indeed need a homeland but they are not native to israel and any such homeland could be anywhere that would accept them including the lands they were pushed out of originally.
edit on 29-7-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You do realize that the "Palestinian" people are arabic people from the region - a collection of various ethnic arabs - that lived in the Palestinian region. They were there before the jews started settling it as their own as gift from the western powers. Nice rant

Now how about a history lesson on Israel? It's a 20th Century convention.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22
You do realize of course that huge parts of Israel were uninhabitable before the Jews took over.
There was very little arable land.
It was mostly swampy or desert
Within a few short years the new government planted eucalyptus trees all over the country to dry out the swamps and the country changed very quickly after that

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
@Bilk22

that's nonsense. No one can deny the historical nations of Israel and Judea that goes back thousands of years. if anyone has claims to have been driven out of their homeland it is the Jews.

time is growing short. the 1948 mandate marks the beginning of the generation of the fig. the last generation prior to the second advent of Christ. this will all end before the last person who was alive in 1948 when that happened dies. And it will not go well for the enemies of Israel.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
@Bilk22

that's nonsense. No one can deny the historical nations of Israel and Judea that goes back thousands of years. if anyone has claims to have been driven out of their homeland it is the Jews.

time is growing short. the 1948 mandate marks the beginning of the generation of the fig. the last generation prior to the second advent of Christ. this will all end before the last person who was alive in 1948 when that happened dies. And it will not go well for the enemies of Israel.

Sounds like a threat. Always wondered why there were holocaust museums in so many major cities around the globe. Have anything hidden there we should know about?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It is becoming obvious that you are debating from a place of ignorance. Ignorance of history, reality, and truth. Yet you persist.
It is a wonder to me

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

It is becoming obvious that you are debating from a place of ignorance. Ignorance of history, reality, and truth. Yet you persist.
It is a wonder to me
OK Mr. historian, show me where Israel was on the map before 1948. Many of the jews in Israel came from Europe. But continue with your history lesson.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The only way forward is a single state with equal government representation of all the people's there. They are after all the same race of people divided only by politics and religion. Neither side will accept this though so it's perpetual waring until one side is decimated unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thats what Im saying there was no Israel. And Notice you said many Jews but not all jews. There has been a perpetual settlement of Jews since before the fall of the Roman Empire

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Never. It all was a wasteland, bought from the Ottomans by Rothschild (no surprise) and cultivated by the Jews from as early as around 1900...
edit on 29-7-2014 by Richardus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

According to Wikipedia, apparently approximately 1150 BCE, (BC for Christians).

See: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
Nope. There haven't been Philistines since Nebuchadnezzar . Better luck next time
According to that logic
The Jews were originally Sumerian. Perhaps we have a solid claim to Iraq too

edit on 29-7-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I firmly believe that what we have is a conglomeration of indigenous peoples, mixed with later conquering and invading people, the Palestinians probably have the makeup of Judaen, Phoenician/Caananite and arab ancestry and well as possibly Lebanese and Syrian and more arguably share in the genetics with who we would call Jesus of Nazareth if one has to invoke religion, it doesn't matter about the label of who occupies that land since the bleed over of demographics from the region.

There is a huge mistake that somehow we keep categorizing the Palestinians as some people that do not belong where they are when it can be proven they have in their genetics been in that area since before the biblical days of Jesus of Nazareth, now whether they are claiming homelands, boundaries or some divine land grant that is another question.

All of Israel was renamed to Palestine, this is the technicality
I found some good editorials on where Palestine came from in the first place.
Editorial on Palestine

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join