It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One hundred years ago this week...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The various political machinations that lead to World War One are well underway...

Archduke Franz Ferdinand was murdered in early June... Austria-Hungary is unhappy.

Today, a century ago, Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia. In response, Russia, under Tsar Alexander the Second, begins to mobilize militarily.

In support of Austria-Hungary, Germany warns Russia not to continue mobilization. Russia's explanation that they are only mobilizing against Austria-Hungary goes unheeded... On July 31st, Germany declares war on Russia.

Two days later, Luxembourg is invaded by German troops.

By August 4th, the United Kingdom and France have both declared war on Germany.

Within months, industrialized slaughter on a scale unimagined, though there were hints during the American Civil War, some fifty odd years before, begins.

By 1918, millions lay dead on battle fields all over the world. The first truly global war. Millions more maimed, and homeless. A plethora of diseases swept the world in the wars aftermath...millions more. A generation of Europeans bled white by the slaughter. Death on such a scale unseen perhaps since the Black Death.

...and in its politicized aftermath? The stage was set for another, even more horrible, conflagration twenty years later. With many more millions dead.

A century later? War seems to be looming yet again on the European horizon.

Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Only now, we can destroy entire cities in moments. Render entire regions empty of life. Slaughter tens of thousands in moments with weapons developed during the War To End All Wars.

My grandfather, along with so many millions of others, fought in the trenches of the Western Front. Maybe, at some point, he believed that this would be the last war. Or rather prayed.

My grandfather passed away almost thirty years ago... I wonder what he'd think of these latest developments? ...and the timings of them.

He'd be disappointed, but not all that surprised.

Oddly appropriate poem...
edit on 7/29/2014 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have been told since I was a child that we couldn't have another World War because of the fears of it going nuclear.

I am not so sure that I was told the truth.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
About Europe going to war, i think (want to believe) it's trickier now than decades ago.

It seems to ring true that "elites" wants war, hence the talk about it. Even newspapers in Finland wrote today something about Europe's coming war.

But does not the war need public support? Well.. it also seems that public are being conditioned for war.

But i have this feeling, if you would ask almost any European, do we need war? Do we want war?
No. Not many wants war, i believe. Europe in general, doesn't want war to happen.

For sure, i'm not going to fight for elites. And there isn't much people in Finland who would fight that war. Defending our country from an invasion, thats whole other issue.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

the world is being manipulated , by whom i don't know, but it has been said that they want to cull the worlds population
down to a more manageable level.

maybe this is the reason that the world condemns the actions of Israel but does nothing about it .

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It really worries me that Austria (and Germany) lost contact with aircraft above their countries so close to this date. I wouldn't be at all surprised if something happened in Europe very soon.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I truly think WW3 is on the horizon. And it will not go nuclear. Are we forgetting the NWO, the cooperation between foreign governments despite hating each other for public perception?

I think it is possible - hell even more than likely. That WWIII has already been planned out for the most part. All that is left now is for the major players to execute their moves to get the ball rolling.

WWIII will come. Millions may die. It will not go nuclear however. And in the aftermath, Agenda 21 of the UN and the NWO will be implemented in full force.

As far as the general public not wanting war despite the propaganda being pushed - I think that is true. But it means nothing. Armies of nations are formed by men and women under contract and oath to their country. The armies will get their orders, a few may desert, the majority will follow the orders and war happens. It really is simple as that. Anybody joining up to the military right now is absolutely bat # crazy IMO.

I live deep within the continental US. I am not serving. I do not fear being killed in the looming war. I fear the systems that will be implemented in the aftermath.
edit on 29-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The last generation to have experienced war on the scale of WWII are mostly all dead or so far removed from our daily lives that their knowledge and wisdom holds no power. We're no being led by people who have no real clue what they are bringing down.

We're primed and ready for generational war in the world. What we're seeing shouldn't surprise anyone, and while I don't think this will go full-scale global nuclear, I think there are very much people who will not stop and think twice about using the odd nuke or two. People need to know they're serious after all.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The British are sending a 'battle group' to Poland, for and 'exercise' , the Russians are testing a new cruise or anti missile rocket......

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If we do end up going to war again, and there is a mass conscript, we should make sure they bite off more than they can chew. Instead of killing our brothers and sisters from other nations, we should turn the weapons on those who gave them to us, because THEY are the enemy. THEY are the ones who profit and benefit from these wars. The corporations, the religions, the banks, the governments, the brain dead military, the police, the judges, the lawyers, and all the idiot supporters of all that is wrong in this world.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What did I say earlier about the more things change, the more they stay the same?

Here's another scary similarity to a century ago...

Another Russian revolution looms???

There is a very potent curse dating from many, many years ago...

"May you live to see interesting times!!"

Guess what, times they're gettin' interesting, no?

Wonder how many millions die this time?

top topics

join