It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Govt hackers shut down Canadas NRC network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
home.mytelus.com...

The govt of Canada has shut its National research council computer network down after a massive hack by Chinese Govt hackers.....
The amount of cyber spying China is into is getting out of hand apparently.....
I would have suspected they would take the precaution of not destroying the networks integrity while peeking over our shoulders for new technologies.....
What with the extremely similar to US aircraft they are producing at present its pretty obvious they are good at hacking.......
What effect if any, this will have on Canadian/Chinese business relations is yet to be seen......but we have been selling out to the Chinese in the resource department for some time......

edit on 29-7-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Apparently it funny that when someone that is not america do sumthing it is wrong but when the holy america do worst things then it is 100% fine and legal.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Funny thing that Assange and Snowden met in China...

And that Russia protected Snowden...

And that Russia and China are allying their intelligence services...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The point here is the duplicity of our own systems.......we haven't assessed the aims and methods of the ChiCom govt correctly for a coons age.....
Rip me off shame on you....rip me again shame on me!
edit on 29-7-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slowjoe

Apparently it funny that when someone that is not america do sumthing it is wrong but when the holy america do worst things then it is 100% fine and legal.

The MAJORITY of American people are 100% AGAINST what the American government is doing, and has done in the past.
If this article had said 'American government hacks Canadian computers' you would be seeing just as much outrage from the citizens.

World governments are totally corrupt. For people on this planet to hate others because of government policy will only perpetuate world strife.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The Canadian Govt. is well aware that the internet is not secure .They are also part of the five eyes in the Snowden document so they are well aware of the nature of spying and disrupting computer systems .Why they would make a big deal of it is curious .I think we are seeing the uni-polar world being chopped up and will see things moving more into those 10 regions suggested in the UN's part of agenda 21 . I think why the breakdown of states like Iraq ,Libya, and Syria ,Ukraine and others are important . If they don't go along then they will not be able to be a part of the new system .

Russia China and the Brics may just be a counter to the new system that they are resisting .Crazy times and crazy people willing to do crazy things to move a agenda along . by hook or by crook .

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Could anyone imagine the amount of progress we could make on earth if the secret research projects so heavily guarded by govts, were open sourced and available to everyone on the net....?
Id bet there are scientific breakthroughs that if shared across the whole of humanity, that could end human misery in a trice.....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Could anyone imagine the amount of progress we could make on earth if the secret research projects so heavily guarded by govts, were open sourced and available to everyone on the net....?

Hm, bad idea.

Secrets are not evil. I personally feel safer knowing that my neighbour doesn't have nuclear launch codes . Imagine how a witness's life would become if every criminals knew the witness's name?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
National Research Council..you sure Harper didn't just do it himself. That whatever you want to call him does not like science.
Jk its pretty disturbing but im sure what comes around goes around.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No doubt about the Karma thingy.......
Yet the whole of human advancement is held to ransome by Governments whose sole aim is self perpetuity.....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I half agree with you but would say that he doesn't like for the public to be able to access the scientific data .He is a bit of a control freak and so if he cant control it he put's little value on it .The data becomes a weapon for the public to refute the message he wants to get out . I am sure he would love to impose some sort of a carbon tax on us all .$$$ a reply to: vonclod

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Harper seems actually TO BE ANTI SCIENCE AT TIMES....FIRING ALL KINDS OF SCIENTISTS LAST YEAR EVEN.....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Yes I agree, knowledge is power and Harper doesn't like that..he is a bit of a meglomaniac.
He has done much to shut down science and keep any govt scientists under his thumb or be fired.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yeah, blame it on the Chinese ...

And the rally for a world war continues.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It appears they're good at hacking indeed, however it appears they have also come full circle... Can't build our own so copy so,embody else's and build it badly

Perhaps Nina should give up the games and concentrate on building it's own indigenous project... For the most part under secret technology is never put on the net to be hacked

Recently 2011/12 china hacked Israel for information on the Iron dome missile shield after seeing promising results, some of that information was from US contractors like Boeing... But same as always China will be stuck building Israeli iron down copy's 1/3 as effective while the US and western world move on to deploying laser weapons and rail guns

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Yeah, blame it on the Chinese ...

And the rally for a world war continues.

Ayep its them yellow menace guys alright.....the Five Eyes are Blameless.....

The Chinese did get anti satellite weaponry together....as well I think we will never see their very best till the chips are down.....
They appear very adaptable to any new technology and are formidable producers of quantity if not totally top notch quality.....Who cares if there is a small discrepancy in results if you have a million of em to shoot?
I don't blame China for trying to modernize to survive any more than any other country.....however they manage to do it....though the Chinese as a people seem rather to be a long suffering bunch.....soon they will want more than communism can supply them....

top topics

join