It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Create 100 million Jobs Now! Release The Hidden Technology.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

***ATS version***

1 Minute Summary:

An overview of water, food, financial, green tech and nutritional technology that can solve many social ills, while providing millions of jobs in a buoyant free market. This article is extremely densely written. Entrepreneurs can do extensive follow up research themselves. One sentence could be a springboard to months of research.

Dear Graduates and Unemployed,

This letter covers SHELVED technology that raises standards of living and creates jobs. The mainstream media, and the blogosphere has ignored some of these systems for decades.

What takes a politician 20 years to achieve, an entrepreneur can do in two.

No hoverboards or exoskeletons

NOTE: None of this technology is rumored, mythological Area 51 tech. Just simple systems that have been sitting quietly in the public domain for too long. The public is as much to blame for the silence as the corporate media. I attempted to aggregate this information to make it easier for people to conceptualize.

Billion dollar markets for the future:

Food and Farming:
Hydroponics.
Aquaponics.
Solar dehydration.
Rapid growth crops.
Low budget vertical farms.
Consumer funded food safety labs.

Grassroots Finance:
Localized crowdfunding.
Specialized crowdfunding.
Crowdfunding Radio.
Crowdfinancing Tuition.
Open Source Monetization.
Donation Apps.

Water Technology:
Atmospheric Water Generators.
Lifesaver bottles.
Lifestraws.
Ozone Machines.
Portable Water Disinfection Kits.

Pollution Clearing Technology:
Open Source Tesla Cars.
Archimedes Wind Turbines.
Maglev Vertical Axis Wind Turbines.
Innovative Waste Disposal.
Industrial Hemp and Bamboo.

Crowdsolving Platforms:

Plan for a Crowdsolving Website

Release the New Technology!

Five benefits:

1) Creation of jobs at all levels of the economy.
2) Increase in standard of living for end users.
3) Increase in standard of living for overseas buyers.
4) Creation of foreign markets, as countries rush to use this newly publicized technology.
5) Creation of a knowledge economy, where pioneers consult and educate

JOB CREATION

I'm a researcher in pragmatic future technology. I crammed 30 ultralight businesses into one letter.

Ignored ideas with the potential to decrease five major social tensions.

1) Famine
2) Malnutrition
3) Water scarcity
4) Financial inequality
5) Pollution.

Is this futuristic half baked garbage?

No. This letter only covers technology that's on sale now. Some of these ideas have been screaming their lungs out for decades.

Every single device you see here is now in production and being sold. It's up to people to dig out the information themselves. As I am covering lot's of ground, I can't spoonfeed links to people.

Where will I be five years from now?

Vultures are circling.

I don't want to live in a Clockwork-Orange-Robocop dystopia. I don't
want my town writhing under corporate dominated banking, fumbling
entrepreneurs, endemic mineral deficiencies, rip off GMO supplements,
choke-oil-trains, and centralized farming.

End goal: create a livable neighborhood.

I want to see crowdfunding classes at the local night-school, and a
walk-in crowdfinancing portal in the high street. Sachets of pure
magnesium in 7-11. Can my neighbors grow fresh food on a hundred
rooftops or window gardens? I want to turn on the news and see hunger
being solved with ultrafast 3 day organic crops (Alfalfa!!!!) and mass
solar dehydration. Open source electric cars, hyper-efficient wind
turbines. Most of all, I dream jobs from 10,000 ethical startups.

If there's any interest, I'll continue.

edit on 29-7-2014 by HiAliens because: Took away a zero. Didn't want to seem too, over the top, you know what I mean. Who's reading this?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: HiAliens

It seems that you have solved all of the world's problems in one fell swoop. Congrats!
I can hardly wait for your next thread of instant solutions.
(Maybe it could mention some of the grandest solutions to today's most pressing social problems?)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Great thread, there are places in Australia now where they are turning street sidewalks from grass areas to vegetable gardens where anyone can take what is growing, no one wrecks it, or takes too much...

Change can at times be frustratingly slow yet once it begins to take hold, it often occurs very fast, the masses are beginning to see the need for more change.

Sometimes the message needs to be given again and again, well done...

edit on 25000000b312014p44am by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Instant solutions. I like that. It'll probably take ten years for this stuff to really take off.

If you take a good look at this technology, the systems create jobs, and the jobs create systems that ease social tensions. It's a beneficial circle.

If you spend time daydreaming the impact of this tech, it could solve the majority of social ills in modern society.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Doesn't this...

originally posted by: HiAliens
Solar dehydration.

...defy the whole purpose of this?

Atmospheric Water Generators

You are trying to incite us to brainstorm into finding a better future by promising us a future full of money. But this insults me. I don't change the world because I like money, I change it because I don't like the way it is, period.

Life has no price, mate. We should ALL be working for a better tomorrow.

edit on 29-7-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
Great thread, there are places in Australia now where they are turning street sidewalks from grass areas to vegetable gardens where anyone can take what is growing, no one wrecks it, or takes too much...

Change can at times be frustratingly slow yet once it begins to take hold, it often occurs very fast, the masses are beginning to see the need for more change.

Sometimes the message needs to be given again and again, well done...

Those sidewalks sound awesome, subtopical. That's what's exciting, these systems are already in use now.

Yep, it takes a while for these ideas to take hold. The slow speed is as frustrating for me as anyone else, but I sense a type of critical mass is coming.

Repetition is the key. It shouldn't have to be, but I find I'm rewriting the same message again and again. Look how long it took us to start recycling bottles.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

You are trying to incite us to brainstorm into finding a better future by promising us a future full of money. But this insults me. I don't change the world because I like money, I change it because I don't like the way it is, period.

Nice. Back in 2009, I wrote a thread about how a changeover could be achieved using new technology. I forgot to talk about the economic mechanisms behind it. Charity is too slow. Something else has to be done. When people realize they might be able to walk away from soul destroying jobs in banks and petrol stations, and work in hydroponic startups and water technology companies instead, you'll see a big change in the job market.

If you want to change things because you love the world, more power to you. Other people have rent to pay.

There's nothing wrong with earning a living doing something you love, and helping other people.
edit on 29-7-2014 by HiAliens because: edited

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

And who is going to give us money as we help other people? You or John Rockefeller?

It's an insult to treat the Earth as a marketing device.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

And who is going to give us money as we help other people? You or John Rockefeller?

What reality are you living in swanne, people pay money because they no longer have chickens or a cow to pay for their solar system on their roof or a ground sink heating system, or even their local recycle collection, solutions with a reward of any form is better than fixating on only the problems.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Of course we pay with money. What I mean to ask, is who will give us the money to pay solar panels in the first place? I'm poor, and I certainly can't buy any substantial solar panels; I have barely enough money to eat. This means that those who will be capable of affording world-changing tech will be once again the elite. And only the elite will have enough dough so to lend money to the poor, enough money to employ the poor as a labour force. It's repeating the same market problem we have now all over again.

But additionally, I see a big opportunity here for politics to step in and control this so-called new "market".

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Grassroots Economic Solutions

Financial trends which could reorient the next decade are crashing into the mainstream. Localized and Specialized crowdfunding are potentially billion dollar markets. Leaders in niche crowdfunding have already set up 100 million dollar businesses.

digitaltransactions.net...
www.crowdfundinsider.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

Businesses that Solve Poverty

Localized Crowdfunding.
Specialized Crowdfunding
Crowdfunding Radio
Crowdfinancing Tuition.
Open Source Monetization.

Finance Jobs:

- Grassroots financiers of the future will brainstorm new revenue streams.

- Independent crowdfunding schools will teach forgotten entrepreneurial skills.

- Crowdfunding radio and media will provide the crucial link between funding portals, innovators and the wider public.

- Localized, walk in crowdfunding startups will regenerate towns and cities.

- Specialized crowdfunding websites will create huge niche markets.

- Niche crowdfunding is already huge, Honeyfund has already generated over 100 million dollars worth of revenue just for funding Honeymoons.

www.crowdclan.com...
www.honeyfund.com...

Waiting For The Sky To Rain Gold

It's a scrappy, stupid plan. But is there a plan B?

Where will the financial scene be in two years? Still waiting for BRICS to work through their bureaucratic swamp? Waiting for politicians to wise up?

Waiting for an economic saviour is like waiting for the sky to rain gold.

Don't Move a Muscle Til Society Chips In

If anything has inspired you so far, you could think about crowdfunding some startup capital. Don't take out painful bank loans to pay for these businesses.

What About People Trying To Scrape By?

You don't need a working prototype to start crowdfunding. You can write. Example: An article on "Pollution Free Technology" or "Agriculture of the Future" could be funded for couple of hundred bucks.

I feel like a conman presenting scrappy solutions. But what else is there? If you see a better plan, send it to me. I'll promote that.

Pinning your hopes on grassroots finance and new technology is crazy.
Pinning your hopes on governments, politicians and banks is insane.

I'll take crazy over insane any day.

-A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. General George S Patton

Do we want to live as debt slaves for another 50 years?

www.shareable.net...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

So what's your plan?

No. I don't want politicians involved at all. They need to take a back seat. If you see centralized corporate or political control, something's wrong. Over a decade or two, that crowdfunding could take center stage in our economy, if the grassroots will is there.

The Free Market WIll Rise Again.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: subtopia

Of course we pay with money. What I mean to ask, is who will give us the money to pay solar panels in the first place? I'm poor, and I certainly can't buy any substantial solar panels; I have barely enough money to eat. This means that those who will be capable of affording world-changing tech will be once again the elite. And only the elite will have enough dough so to lend money to the poor, enough money to employ the poor as a labour force. It's repeating the same market problem we have now all over again.

But additionally, I see a big opportunity here for politics to step in and control this so-called new "market".

If this changeover was financed with a debt system that would be very bad. If these ideas get co-opted and twisted, it'll be because people aren't vigilant enough.

I believe crowdfunding is the best way forward. It won't work for everyone, but it's the soundest financial system on the market today.

Kickstarter went from 100,000 to 1,000,000 daily volume over the last few years. One day, it can hit a billion dollars per day daily volume.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Over a decade or two, that crowdfunding could take center stage in our economy

Crowdfunding? As in taking even more money from the people? Most of us are poor! We actually need the money to sustain our existence with food and shelter!

To us this will look just like another tax! Do you know how much money it would take to buy enough solar panels to power a city?

I say, instead, people should form an association, and share their knowledge about how to build things. I can make a motor with piece of junk, and a generator is nothing but a reversed motor. We stay independent from politicians and investors and corporations. Instead we all learn a trick. One guy becomes good at making generators so to make clean electricity. Another becomes good at digging better irrigation so to optimize water usage. Another dude cultivates insect-resistant plants so to stop the use of insecticide.

It only need to start with a bunch of people, which then grows as more people join in.

If the will is there, we could solve the world's crisis by simply doing what is right.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Has anyone stopped to consider that maybe less technology is the way to go? I mean, every time we're promised a technological utopia due to some new invention(s), our lives become even more complicated, we end up working more hours, we are more socially isolated, we are less independent, and our ecosystems end up being further damaged.

We should be asking ourselves... Is this truly an enlightened path?

Go ahead, throw the rotten tomatoes.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
You still haven't told us what your plan is.

Who's taking from the people?

Money changes hands every day. I't s just moving.

In crowdfunding, the general trend is that money flows from people with spare cash, to people with none.

So you, Swanne, see an idea you like. You set up a crowdfunder for 2,000USD to set up a crowdfunding nightschool, Maglev VAWT, hydroponic farm, or whatever. People with spare cash give you some, in return for a gift.

You have cash left over to pay rent and food.

Everyone benefits.

A million dollars a day going through Kickstarter as we speak. If you get a tiny piece of that, you're set.

What's your alternative plan?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Don't worry, mine tomato is fresh as I throw it to you

I don't think less technology is the solution, unless of course one think that toilets are stupid and that we should throw our waste in the roads as we did in the dark ages, or that CO2-emitting cars are stupid and should be replaced with steam cars whose H20 is an even more potent greenhouse gas.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Has anyone stopped to consider that maybe less technology is the way to go? I mean, every time we're promised a technological utopia due to some new invention(s), our lives become even more complicated, we end up working more hours, we are more socially isolated, we are less independent, and our ecosystems end up being further damaged.

We should be asking ourselves... Is this truly an enlightened path?

Go ahead, throw the rotten tomatoes.

I agree with you.

My vision is "Lord of The Rings With Laptops"

If you look closely at all the technology I covered, most of it is very straightforward. Hydroponic farms and low budget vertical farms are way simpler than biotech. Fog collectors are simpler than water pipe systems.

It's about returning to simple, old systems that worked in centuries past.

You can't just walk away from these prison grids we live in. You have to set up viable alternatives.

There's no isolation. Setting up these systems would need a group of people. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

It's not a tech utopia, it's a return to common sense.

It's not a promise, it's a suggestion.

Again, what's your plan?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Why is everyone always so eager to use technology so we can get back to work?

Why wouldnt we use technology as to provide us with way more free time? While we are at it, lets get rid of money as to reinstate equality, amongst many many other wonderful ideals.

Work, pffft!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What's your alternative plan?

Alternative plan:

Lose the whole "investor/crowdfund" thing.

Instead, give us the knowledge. All of the knowledge. Explain in details how to build our own hydroponics at home, how to build our own electricity generator at home, how to build our own water desalinization at home.

Information is roaming free out there, all we need to do is gather it in a coherent fashion.

Then all members of society is given a mission: save the World. He or she reads every informations on how to build things which we gathered. He/she doesn't need to be good at everything - all he/she needs to do is try and be good at one of those things. Other people will be prefer building other things.
All of us become experts in our own field. At one point all members of society become near-self-sufficient. All they then have to do is share their over (the over which they can't consume) with their neighbour and here you go, one big self-sustaining society, no crowdfunding needed, no loan needed from existing corporations or politicians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join