It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realworld Matrix

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: sootblack
a reply to: Rosinitiate

what i got from that part your talking about is no matter what construct our consiousness occupies we still have the power to bend it

I suppose a glitch would be a paradox in the sense of understanding why a glitch even exists. But a paradox is simply a set of rules we yet don't understand, once we understand the "laws" that govern it, it's no longer a paradox. If life was Call of Duty Zombies and I jumped into a wall glitch where I can't be touched by zombies and can continue to play is just as possible technically in the real world depending on your level of understanding of the real world. Not just physical science but the spiritual as well, the macro and the micro, above so below. That said, you are still within the game or system.

Going a step further and as the above poster commented, everything is interconnected. And again, if I can think of someone who I haven't spoken to in a long time and suddenly the phone rings, did I make them call or did their intent make me think of them before the phone actually rang? Either way it shows a connectedness (that can be further hacked or exploited) that shows the laws that govern us includes this global mental inter-connected web of consciousness. Therefore, our collective thought dictates our reality just as much as our own conscious affects our own life. We are as strong as our weakest links I'm afraid.

Abusing a glitch is a much more appropriate term thankyou

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sootblack

I prefer, exploit. Lol to each their own.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Here are my thoughts on the matter. A little video I did last year on it all.

MM
edit on 29-7-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

That's a great video and really leaves one to no other conclusion. The big question is, why do we desire to know?

Using similar logic and accepting the above as true.

Are we (our conscious self) a figment of the holographic projection created within the program itself and our thoughts are simply random complex probabilities?

Is it a video game simulation (VR) and our consciousness is really that of someone outside this game. We exist, just not in the sense that we understand it?

Or is this a prison for our consciousness, a construct manufactured to house the souls of an occupied species?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Once you understand how to bend the spoon, you won't have to.

What spoon?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sootblack

Just my take…

We all know of the Matrix and its concepts of "bending the universe" or "the force" if you will, and we all know at least one person who believes it.

All we can bend is our awareness of the world in which we live. In the Matrix, Neo "wakes up". Symbolically he realizes that his whole life has been an illusion, programmed for him to interact with (really good noodles).

Each of us has been programmed to accept certain mores, goals, desires and we achieve accordingly. What we call enlightenment or revelation can often be accompanied by a waking moment. Like a criminal that realizes in one moment all the pain he has caused others all his life, for instance.

That sudden crushing weight of reality that our whole Paradigm is false and not of our own choosing. In the movie Neo comes out of his first "plug in" gasping for air, vomits and passes out (he's going to pop).

Nothing has changed in the real world except our view of it. Those could be huge changes. Depending on how old we are the more we may be embedded in our lives "routine" and the harder it may be to rise above it. Like a drug addict or in my case a cigarette smoker. I was killing myself and excusing the smoking life style for decades. Now that it is behind me, I look back and realize how deluded, stubborn and in denial I was about it.

Can never go back there and don't want to.

As far as "bending the Universe" my response is we can't turn one hair on our head white or black. Thats the reality of magically changing anything (read my signature). Life shows up and deals us its next moment whether we choose to believe that or not.

Like in Plato's cave the struggle is changing our outlook and behavior based on coming awake outside the Matrix (or cave) that has a hold of your mind, psyche and soul.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The search term you are looking for is "Simulation Theory".

There is quite a bit of literature about this. James Gates thinks he has discovered laws of physics that correlate directly to error correcting code used in computers. Also, the quantum computer simulation hypothesis... personal quantum computers in the future can simulate a universe in a split second, millions do this daily, what is more likely being in one real og universe or being in a simulation?

That being said, I definitely believe that information 'leaks' in this world in strange ways. Once you accept this fact, you may be able to use it to your advantage like a poster above mentioned. 'Glitches'. I like to think of them more like memory leaks. Not necessarily affecting the user, but maybe once in a while in a strange way.

You should try learning about coding and stuff here www.codacademy.com. It is really fun and you will start to see that everything can be broken down to procedures. Most people have a few algorithms they follow based on their moral code and that's IT.

If we live in a simulated universe, who is to say I am not a computer program, my mind is programmed, and my mind is made up for me before I even know it?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Howdy!
Long time lurker, first time poster!
I was inspired to make my account so that I could share a quote I feel pertains to the matter at hand.

The truth hurts, It's biological.
Our brains process sound faster than light, but light moves faster than sound.
The brain is constantly shifting reality so the world syncs up. Only when someone is standing 30 yards away do we see and hear the world as it is. That's when your brain, sound, and light are in perfect harmony.
The rest of the time we are living in a world of lies.
Lies make the world make sense.
Ergo, the truth hurts.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
There is a documentory called " Philosophy and the Matrix - Return to the Source" you might want to check out.

I think reality is shared by the masses collective conciousness but each has their own reality as well.

Thank you for bringing this documentary to my attention. It's a great documentary.

This is that one that I watched ...

vimeo.com...

Kudos,

Antonia

top topics

<< 1   >>

join