It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What the HELL are you talking about?

You know what? -- nevermind. I'm done with you.
Should have known better.

Toodles!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Ahh the good old Mayans!

Who trolled the world for centuries with the 'prophecy' of doom!

Which massive deforestation led to their 'demise'.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Since history is so 'important'.
edit on 29-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What am I talking about ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thought this was clear.

If 'white' people are so bad why do people come to this country ?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There are legal processes to follow to gain Citizenship in the U.S.

Follow them or don't even come here.

It's really quite simple.

There are Hundreds of Millions of people around the world who would love to come here, are you going to just let them all in with no plan????

Why is a kid from El Salvador better than one from Sierra Leone (4th lowest GDP per capita in world, 2 highest Child mortality rate) To me, the latter is in more need of saving.

Just saying.....there's another agenda at work here.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Why is a kid from El Salvador better than one from Sierra Leone (4th lowest GDP per capita in world, 2 highest Child mortality rate) To me, the latter is in more need of saving.

That is what they are saying.

People from South and Central America are more 'important' than anyone else in the world who wants to come here.

And plays by the rules.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

But what I want to know is what makes people south of the border so effing special ?

Um...they were 'effing' here first? White people stole their continent?

Then when are we going to give the tribes back all of the land they had before they were pushed on to reservations? I could take you to some unimaginable horrible.... no, nightmarish situations taking place right in this country, right now. I'm talking about 3rd world poverty conditions. But they are ignored.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My suspicion is they're bringing in families then during processing they separate the children from the parents briefly for nice photo-ops. No way are children 10 years old making their way alone over 1,000 miles alone through Mexico to reach the "Promised Land". This is plain old Madison Avenue marketing at work to change the image of illegal immigrants. As if 12-30 million weren't enough already (depending on whose figures you believe). One illegal alien is one too many.

Me? I'd love to hop the border over to Switzerland, get set up on welfare and ski my way through retirement. That ain't gonna happen and it shouldn't.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Is it just white people, who are upset with the way Obama is doing things in this country? Is it just whites who are upset over illegal immigration? Let this blow the race card out of the water

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
My suspicion is they're bringing in families then during processing they separate the children from the parents briefly for nice photo-ops. No way are children 10 years old making their way alone over 1,000 miles alone through Mexico to reach the "Promised Land".

Exactly. What kind of parent would "Give" their kid to someone who "promises" to help that kid "escape" gangs and the sex trade???? Doesn't add up to me. What assurances would the parents have they just didn't pay to place their kid in slavery???

I bet the parents are separating from their kids just before crossing the border. WIth all our wishy washy talk from this Administration, it's giving them false hope.

Illegal Immigration is just that......Illegal. Sorry, can't come here. Do it the proper way.

If you have a problem with it....change the LAW.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

So I'm confused. Was my interpretation of what you said wrong?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You know the problem is messed up when a Republican is getting lambasted by his constituents for their Immigration Stance.

Latest polls show the vast majority of Americans see a problem, with a majority in the anti "Unlimited Immigration" camp.

Politicians only listen when they are threatened with a pink slip.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: moresco

So I'm confused. Was my interpretation of what you said wrong?

The bold pretty much covers it.

An interpretation because god forbid I really do think NO ONE is above the LAW.

That automatically makes me a 'hater'.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Seems like you don't know what the LAW actually says because it is full of special situations which places certain groups above others.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: neo96

Seems like you don't know what the LAW actually says because it is full of special situations which places certain groups above others.

Obviously anyone from south of the border gets moved to the head of the line.

They have been for the last 30 YEARS.

www.numbersusa.com...

7 amesties!

Would have been 8 but the someone shot it down here.

www.nytimes.com...

For a group of people who shot that down.

GD AMAZING that have been citing that other law'.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And they are all parts of the LAW so why claim that the LAW isn't being followed?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The Obligation to Provide Assylum..Thomas Jefferson

"Shall we refuse the unhappy fugitives from distress that hospitality which the savages of the wilderness extended to our fathers arriving in this land? Shall oppressed humanity find no asylum on this globe? The Constitution, indeed, has wisely provided that for admission to certain offices of important trust a residence shall be required sufficient to develop character and design. But might not the general character and capabilities of a citizen be safely communicated to every one manifesting a bona fide purpose of embarking his life and fortunes permanently with us?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

No, you are not answering my question. I am simply trying to find out if that is an accurate representation of what you meant. I'm not trying to debate policy with this. I am simply trying to figure out what you actually meant by it

In an earlier post you seemed to say that since we used to treat immigrants poorly we should continue that practice even though we know it's wrong. Is that what you meant?
edit on 29-7-2014 by moresco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

And they are all parts of the LAW so why claim that the LAW isn't being followed?

Parts of a 'law' from someone they can't stand passed.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Asylum from what ?

Just because the White House calls them 'refugees' makes it 'so'.

How about the media go there and show us just exactly what they are 'escaping' from ?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The fact is, we Should have all the economic strength, infrastructure and technology to welcome anyone and handle it with no problem as well as determine who needs to be sent back, who needs to be accepted and who needs medical attention before pursuing either option. But we dont. I wonder why that is... What happened to America?

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join