It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You want to talk about "tired and played" arguments? You're making the same arguments that have been made for the last 130 years

Pretty much.

Germans,French,Italians,Polish,Chinese,Japanese, and the IRISH, and the list goes on.

Americans have never like immigrants.

Hell there is a slur for pretty much EVERY ethnic group.

But what I want to know is what makes people south of the border so effing special ?

That they don't get treated like everyone else?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You can play the butcher and the kids can play the immigrants:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

And the progressives can continue playing the predator.

Preying on the weak like those 'poor huddled masses'.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

kids are the predator? Compared to fox news and what ever other right leaning shrill site of the moment?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Way to intentionally twist that comment.

The predators are those using government to take advantage of those kids for their political benefit.

Funny that million of minorities in this country live in poverty.

But I guess that doesn't matter.

edit on 29-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I have to assume your not talking about the republican party or there massive main stream media?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I have to assume someone is intentionally IGNORING how minorities live in this country.

www.nclej.org...

Take a good look at the current state of the union.

But them 'poor' people are coming here for a 'better' life !

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Seriously? What you basically just said was that because we treated immigrants like dirt in the past we should treat all the new ones the same way. Wow that's pretty grounded, sound reasoning right there!

If I'm wrong I apologize but that's what it sounded like to me

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

And there are MILLIONS of American kids living in 'desperate' situations right here.

Like most urban cities.

Yep! There sure are!

But, you think cutting off their food (and their birth control) is a good idea, right?

You do realize that MOST Mexican and Central/South AMERICANS are Roman Catholic. Right?

edit on 7/29/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

But what I want to know is what makes people south of the border so effing special ?

Um...they were 'effing' here first? White people stole their continent?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Grimpachi

Randy I don't think I can give you an answer that can satisfy you however

Oh really Grim? On the contrary I don't see how a better reply could've
found me.

Awesome.

I got mugged twice in Honduras in broad daylight with a large group which also got mugged.

Definitely going on my places to visit.

Star for you man.

HaHa.. Well I am glad I could be of some help. Don't get me wrong Honduras can be extremely dangerous to travelers (or locals) but even as an American I was OK then again to be safe in some areas I said I was Canadian when asked but even though I was mugged I was also smart enough to not carry a large some of cash, also I split up what I did have between socks. They never got me for more than $20. Even though I am 6'3 235 and a combat vet I wasn't going to play hero for so little staring down a barrel. I could have easily bought a pistol there for $15 but it wasn't worth the risk. Roatan which I originally spelled incorrectly as well as Utila have some of the most beautiful reefs in the Americas. I do not regret going also the Ruins on mainland are guarded by what looked like military I presume so that they can guarantee tourism.

The country is interesting and there are good people there like the ones warning me o stay off the streets in Tegucigalpa. It was worth going through and I may go back to dive again but unlike many of the other countries in Central America I wouldn't venture out alone nor at dark. I have hiked from buss stops to hostels through the worst parts of cities in Nicaragua, Panama, and Costa Rica at night with absolutely no problem but keep in mind I did have a machete strapped to my backpack within reach so that may have made a difference.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: moresco

Seriously? What you basically just said was that because we treated immigrants like dirt in the past we should treat all the new ones the same way. Wow that's pretty grounded, sound reasoning right there!

If I'm wrong I apologize but that's what it sounded like to me

'basically said' which means wasn't said.

Feel free to quote IT.

I wish to GOD people would stop IGNORING the laws passed here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like the emergency quota act of 1921

Here's a thought how about going to those central American countries, and Mexico and see how they treate 'foreigners'.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

And there are MILLIONS of American kids living in 'desperate' situations right here.

Like most urban cities.

Yep! There sure are!

But, you think cutting off their food (and their birth control) is a good idea, right?

You do realize that MOST Mexican and Central/South AMERICANS are Roman Catholic. Right?

Who said anything about cutting that off ?

Does somebody realize for some asinine reason that minorities vote LEFT ?

That asinine reason is those votes are bought and paid for by social engineering.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Um...they were 'effing' here first? White people stole their continent?

Who was here first ?

The people who speak spanish ?

Like most of South and Central America ?

Yo they came from Europe.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

"Yo" the people who overwhelmed and slaughtered the aboriginal people came from Spain - WHITE PEOPLE - who took over the INDIGENOUS population and 'converted' them, wiped them out, made them speak English. Just like the English wiped out the Native Tribes of what is now the U.S.

Many people in Central America still speak their Native tongues (although here in the US, the Native tongues are DYING OUT).

You don't seriously believe that NO ONE was here before the Spaniards arrived..do you?? Really?

Wow.

edit on 7/29/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Can we use the "compassion" argument for abortion then?

Or is compassion just another word-weapon to be used to push an agenda that allows a group to violate law?

No, because most liberals want their abortions on demand, without guilt or compassion. Jesus and the bible are only used when it suits what they support.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yo the people who overwhelmed and slaughtered the aboriginal people came from Spain - WHITE PEOPLE - who took over the INDIGENOUS population and 'converted' them, wiped them out, made them speak English. Many people in Central America still speak their Native tongues (although here in the US, the Native tongues are DYING OUT).

So what ?

But their money, their land, and their country is good !!

Hence the 'mass exodus'.

Yeah well they don't have to worry about anyone making them speak 'english' here.

I guess people should forget about them slaughtering themselves before evil 'whitey' got there.

And the current so called 'slaughter' still going on there.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: beezzer
Can we use the "compassion" argument for abortion then?

You mean, like take good care of the fetus until it is aborted? Sure.

Weak argument IMO.

Then what about children killed in drone strikes? No compassion for them?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There's a double standard people use against Christians and we're seeing it here. Christians are supposed to hold themselves up to a higher standard than anybody else and if they fall short, they get flamed for it. But at the same time they're supposed to be loving and turn the other cheek, they get condemned for trying to convince others to follow the same standards. They're called intolerant, prudish, domineering.
Now the ones who say they hate intolerant Christians and bash them for not being perfect like they're supposed to be, these are the ones who are also doing absolutely freaking nothing to help anybody. They'll protest and yell and pay lip service that SOMEBODY should do something, but they'll do nothing themselves. Oh yeah, its the governments job to take care of things and the government needs more power and money to do it. Then they'll rant and moan about the government doing things they don't like. They're also stupid and gullible enough to believe what their party says. Newsflash: Your party doesn't care about you. The government doesn't care about you.
If you don't like the government screwing up or abusing its power, you cut them off at the knees. Take care of problems yourselves and starve the government of money and influence.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

"Yo" the people who overwhelmed and slaughtered the aboriginal people came from Spain - WHITE PEOPLE - who took over the INDIGENOUS population and 'converted' them, wiped them out, made them speak English. Just like the English wiped out the Native Tribes of what is now the U.S.

Many people in Central America still speak their Native tongues (although here in the US, the Native tongues are DYING OUT).

You don't seriously believe that NO ONE was here before the Spaniards arrived..do you?? Really?

Wow.

Meh, and before the Spaniards the Mayans slaughtered opposing tribes and the Incas did too. Go back in any groups history and you'll find brutality, conquest, and genocide. Pre-Columbian Americas were not Disney movies.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join