It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party townhall meeting erupts as TX Congressman urges compassion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 2wheelvet

How many poor are already here

62 million on Medcaid created for the 'poor'.

www.nytimes.com...

50+million on Social Security created for the 'poor'.

www.cnn.com...

50+ million on Medicare that was created for SS.

kff.org...

Student loan debt now accounts for over 1.2 trillion dollars created for the 'poor'

Over 150 million Americans are currently living off of government 'assistance'.

Then there is the 50 million on food stamps:

Since people are getting multiple benefits from the 'state'.

n 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

online.wsj.com...

Over 2.2 trillion dollars of current federal spending is going towards :'Providing for the materialistic wants of the masses'.

What's a another 10-30 million of people that do not belong here!

They shout 'give me your tired, your poor, blah blah blah'.

The majority of Americans are poor.

And they ARE yearning to be 'free'.

From a government spying on them,.

From meddling in their affairs everyday.

Dunno why people think this country is so 'great'.

It is nothing, but a shell of what it use to be.

Some people can see the writing on the wall.

While others choose to ignore it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I totally agree with you 100%, in fact I even made a thread about something similar trying to get people to open their minds a bit to the entire situation. But no just they same they will kill us and our families. Like i said to them in that thread, who will you blame for the problems when the illegals are gone? the homeless? then the poor? then the not so poor? your fear wont end unless you stop it by having compasion for other human beings.

And for everyone that says "fix here first", there are so many opportunities to fix it and it starts with YOU!! yell at your computer screen more you hypocrites, get off your @$$ and help someone instead of pointing at the problem and going about your buisness. If you really see a need anywhere why dont you try to fix it instead of hoping someone else will do it? o thats right then your talking points would be gone and you wouldnt have any time to sit around and talk about it.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

If you would come down from your ivory tower once in a while, you would recognize that the laws that you hold so dear are put in place by politicians that are bought and paid for by the corporations and that is the reason this country is in trouble.

Roll over play dead, and act like a good little doggie ?

I don't think so.

It's not immigrants on welfare that are killing this nation, Neo. It's laws that allow corporations and banks to run free and strip this nation of every last cent it has. If they had not done that, we wouldn't be talking about immigration because in a thriving economy we would want to welcome as many people to the party as possible

Gasp!

The evil corporations and bankers again!

Now wheres my job!

Now wheres my GD 'living' wage!

Now wheres my iphone!

Now where's my free healthcare!

ETC!.

For a group of people that supposedly hates them they sure love what they make.

And let's be honest here. They are not coming to this nation to get welfare.

Yeah they are.

Those poor huddles masses yearning for free stuff.

That is the new 'American way'.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Please....a first world nation will never survive mass influx of third world uneducated unassimilating people. It has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. It however does have everything to do with culture. It's not my job to take care of the rest of the developing world. We were a developing nation at one point.

If you don't see the multicultural cesspool that is destroying America you're ignorant. If you don't understand how important it is for a nation to maintain a common culture and language you're ignorant. Your played arguments are invalid. The Irish were basically European and came here and assimilated. Look at Ireland now. It's a first world country. Look at Mexico, look at C.A., etc.... I'll be happy to welcome any Irish into 21st century America!!!!

You can take your pathetic guilt and live in the past. I'm not responsible for the prejudice that existed 150+ years ago. I know what I see now here today!! You should open your eyes before you wake up in a country you don't recognize!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: neo96

You just described our prison industrial complex as well.

originally posted by: neo96

Because they are mostly' minorities', and we all know who is the supposed 'savoir' of them,.

And are 'wards' of the state, feeding, clothing, educating, and they don't have to do anything for it.

Other than to vote for their 'savior's.
I

Since someone re edited that let me expand on the so called PIC.

Less than 1% of the current US population is in prision.

WASHINGTON – The U.S. prison population declined 1.7 percent (or by 27,770 inmates) from 2011 to 2012, falling to an estimated 1,571,013 prisoners,

www.bjs.gov...

Current US population:

www.census.gov...

More than half of this country are 'wards' of the state.

Read all about the WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ok, Neo. Now you're just throwing crap at the wall. But like I said before, we knew this discussion would be pointless because you are not open to other viewpoints.

So I will be on my way.

Rage on!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Randy I don't think I can give you an answer that can satisfy you however

Oh really Grim? On the contrary I don't see how a better reply could've
found me.

Awesome.

I got mugged twice in Honduras in broad daylight with a large group which also got mugged.

Definitely going on my places to visit.

Star for you man.
edit on Rpm72914v01201400000019 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Ok, Neo. Now you're just throwing crap at the wall

Oh really ?

How can anyone choose to ignore the current REALITY of the current state of the union.

How could anyone support making anymore people from other countries VICTIMS of our government ?

And that is 'throwing crap at the wall' eh?

Cya.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

It's simple.... It does start with me! Guess what? I work, I pay my taxes, I obey the laws, I keep myself healthy, I've educated myself yadda yadda .... I'm raising my boys responsibly, giving them a good upbringing etc. my wife and I work hard to take care of US!!!!! It's called self interest. If every damn American would just be responsible in their life we'd eliminate half to two thirds of our problems. Again why the hell should I worry about any one except myself and my family? I will give back when I can and its appropriate but I sure as hell am not going to clean up other peoples' messes!!! Whether its lazy worthless Americans or third world illegals. I'll take care of my own life and be responsible for whatever consequences are a result of my actions.

For example my wife and I has kids later in life so that we were more financially stable to give them the best life we can. Contrast that with catholic Mexican families who generally don't practice birth control and have way more kids than the can support.

Why the hell, whether I'm an American or a Honduran should I give a crap about someone else's kids? They brought them into this world and the onus is on them.

Americans have become so warped in their thinking and have forgotten the values that made us strong. And yes as much as you want to hate it, self interest is a big part of our history, freedom, economy, and culture! It's not good or bad, it just is. Like free will! Can be positive or negative.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Crossing the border without authorization is ILLEGAL!

But for kids from Central America, where handing them back to authorities is more complicated, the law dictates that Customs and Border Patrol must turn undocumented children over to the Department of Health and Human Services within 72 hours.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

what you have said has truly disgusted me. guess what i work, i pay my taxes, i obey the laws, ive educted myself yadda yadd also... im raising my boys responsibly, giving them a good upringing etc. also... My wife and i work hard to take care of US too... your not special... o hey and guess what else i like helping people too. when i have extra vegitables from my garden or eggs from chickens or meat from my pigs you know what i do? i give it to people. i could horde it but i like my neighbors to enjoy it too. I have more than enough now and i like to share whether it be monetary or not.

and just for reference when i got out of the navy after iraq i could hold a job and was messed up bad i was so poor it was a daily choice for food or ciggarettes, and that was my choice i fought for the freedom to choose. and i have clawed my way up from a drunk who probably would have died in a gutter if it wasnt for COMPASSION FROM OTHERS. A friend grabbed me and took me to a volunteer fire department where i spent 3 years working for no pay just food helping save peoples lives. then the girl who is now my wife ended up pregnant, not because we are mexican and catholic since we are niether. and then i took a job working 7pm-9am and took care of the baby in the day so she could work and guess what now we own a house and a small amount of land with two children and both work good jobs in during the day. and even after all i have been through i still care about other people and other peoples kids because i would want someone to do the same for my children.

i hope someone dosent treat your children the way you want others to be treated. you are a terrible person and should not be able to look upon the flag that many of my friends died under...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: robertalvinlewis

How would stopping them at the border be illegal? If they don't enter the country in the first place, then our laws don't apply to them. A border agent can't hand over anyone that isn't in his custody.

If you read my post, you'll see that the law, passed by Bush, requires this...

"But for kids from Central America, where handing them back to authorities is more complicated, the law dictates that Customs and Border Patrol MUST turn undocumented children over to the Department of Health and Human Services within 72 hours."

You can't rail against people breaking the law and then advocate breaking the law when it doesn't suit your wishes.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Americans have become so warped in their thinking and have forgotten the values that made us strong. And yes as much as you want to hate it, self interest is a big part of our history, freedom, economy, and culture! It's not good or bad, it just is. Like free will! Can be positive or negative.

That they have.

In a galaxy far,far,far away, a long time ago.

It use to be this:

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Now they are stuck on the never ending ID complex.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Ignorance and hypocrisy - a potent combination

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Everyone pays taxes. Most taxes actually paid are paid at the point of consumption. The only people who don't pay any taxes are certain exempt corporations and people who only buy food. They also pay property taxes, in the form of rent.

Illegals can enroll their kids in public schools, and they are not generally turned away from emergency rooms, but they do not lawfully receive food-stamps or cash assistance.

They also can't collect on the social security money they pay in, for various, obvious reasons.
edit on 29-7-2014 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I would like to multiple-star your posting!

Whenever I saw Pictures of seven-year-olds, waving some paper with an Adress in Maybelivingthereornot, AL - I feel like misery.

Where is your "Send my your poor,..."?
And where are your religious believes now?

Where is it?

It is alive and well it is called legal immigration. This entire countries population for the most part is made up of immigrants. Diversity and our constitution is what really form the backbone of this once great country. The influx of illegal immigrants will in fact stop people emigrating here in the future.

People will no longer seek out the American dream because it will be forever gone. We will become a 3rd world country. The rich could care less they will live in gated cities just like they do in Mexico now. The poor and middle class will pay the price just like in Mexico now.
edit on 29-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
First of all I must say that I'm glad true Christians like this congressmen still exist. It's time the tea party dropped the Christian image that they have attached their movement to, because going by some of the things these people said they are FAR from Christians. Although I'm not a Christian myself nor am I affiliated with any religious movement, I'm a firm believer in the phrase "practice what you preach".
Politics aside, I'm just sick of this issue. Not because of the thousands of kids that are coming in through the border illegally but by the lack of compassion and empathy, the dehumanization, the blatant fear mongering that is being spread around.

Okay, Sparky, here's the deal...

There is already, in place, a way to claim or apply for refugee status or asylum in the United States, and it doesn't start by one's family sending their kids on a thousand-plus mile journey to illegally enter our country. All these kids have to do is find their way to the closest U.S. embassy (of which there are plenty in Central America, as seen here) and fill out the proper forms. There...done...the process has started.

See, here's the problem--we live in a world where immediate results are the only ones that count. This is what an individual has to do in order to claim asylum or seek refugee status. Yes, it's a long, tiresome process, I'm sure, but the process exists for a reason.

By flooding our border states with an influx of these individuals, there is an obvious concerted effort to override the system and force the government and the people of the U.S. to accept these illegal immigrants with open arms, basing that decision on compassion rather than rational thought. While I think the Obama administration is complicit with this effort to override our immigration laws (the ones he barely, reluctantly enforces as is), the majority of the U.S. is not so willing to accept a massive influx of law breakers (yes, they're inherently criminals when they enter our country, regardless of their intent).

My point is that you and others can sit on your homemade sympathy pedistal all you like--I have my own sympathy for them as well--but don't pretend that you reside on some fabricated moral high ground just because you think the people who are able to set aside their sympathy in lieu of rational abidement of current laws are some group of repulsive individuals. Personally, I find those like you who think it appropriate to pass judgment while cliaming moral high ground a tad on the repulsive side while planted firmly on the hypocritical side.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Please....a first world nation will never survive mass influx of third world uneducated unassimilating people. It has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. It however does have everything to do with culture. It's not my job to take care of the rest of the developing world. We were a developing nation at one point.

12 million immigrants arrived here between 1870 and 1900 and most of them were poor and came from countries like Germany and Ireland. What was the US population in 1870? About 38 million? Our illegal immigrant population has grown to about 12 million in the last 28 years since Reagan granted amnesty to 2.8 million illegals in 1986. What the US population in 1986? 230-235 million? They'll assimilate.

You want to talk about "tired and played" arguments? You're making the same arguments that have been made for the last 130 years. Do you think that illegal immigrants don't work? I suppose they must come here for the welfare benefits they don't receive and aren't eligible for?

If you don't see the multicultural cesspool that is destroying America you're ignorant.

No. Seems to me that it's pretty much irrational fear of other cultures that is the problem.

The Irish were basically European and came here and assimilated.

Basically European? Where the hell do you think Ireland is?

You can take your pathetic guilt and live in the past.

Guilt? What do I have to feel guilty for? LOL. Is that what you're afraid of? Perhaps you shouldn't talk too loudly about living in the past with your tricorn wearing avatar?

edit on 2014-7-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

(not necessarily directed at you)

so why is that people keep missing the point of most of the threads and comments? From what i see everyone agrees they need to go and that they are ILLEGAL. but everyone is so caught up in the party lines and slogans that they demonize everyone that doesnt say the same slogans. Which is why we will never be able to fix our broken system, if everyone could get past the nonsense and see that we ALL agree they dont belong here and start working together to fix it just maybe we could actually get something accomplished. They want us divided and yelling at each other, its obvious that they are winning, there will never be a "revolution" because we cant see that we stand on the same side of the sand.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Well hell, lets just continue letting anyone and everyone in. I'm sure American tax payers can absorb an endless amount of poverty and nothing bad come of it. If not, they'll (immigrants) just be back at square one, and we'll be in the same boat. Then we all head for Canada.

People really bit the hook on this one. There's compassion, and then there's just being hopelessly naive. I'm all for taking care of children here and elsewhere, I really am. But what is the long term plan? Has no one thought of that?

This was all half assed from the get-go.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join